IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> who would you like to see rigondeaux fight next?
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

abner mares
aslemo moreno
king kong agbeko
chris john
mikey garcia
vic darchinyan

someone else?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 08:04 PM) *
abner mares
aslemo moreno
king kong agbeko
chris john
mikey garcia
vic darchinyan

someone else?

He'll probably take some form of soft touch most likely Vic or Agbeko. Since Moreno would be a nightmare with his general slickness, Mares wouldn't happen, Garcia seems pretty beastly right about now and am not sure about John but he beat Marquez and that says it all

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Apr 16 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

Vic! Gotta love that guy!

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 16 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 16 2013, 03:09 PM) *
He'll probably take some form of soft touch most likely Vic or Agbeko. Since Moreno would be a nightmare with his general slickness, Mares wouldn't happen, Garcia seems pretty beastly right about now and am not sure about John but he beat Marquez and that says it all

I think that Moreno fight might be epic. Two boxers fighting like cobras in the ring. Boxing needs that. We have too many fights where brawlers fighting brawlers and nobody seems to have skills anymore.

i think Rigo beats Vic badly.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

He's already beat Vic, and I think Moreno would beat him, that's why it won't happen lol.

edit: for some reason I thought the thread said who do you want donaire to fight next, more proof that am losing it. to the original question.

abner mares
aslemo moreno
chris john
mikey garcia

those 4 and move on

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 16 2013, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 16 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 16 2013, 03:09 PM) *

A lot of people say john robbed marquez but then again that's been the story of his life lol.

Garcia is too big, doubt he comes down. And if I were arum I would try to rent out rigo for the mares fight or rent mares, I think mares will be more competitive but that rigo can finish him so there's no worry of shitty scorecards. I mean arum would be knocking off one of gbps stars so its win win for them. The moreno fight would be a nightmare for rigo in terms of styles.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 06:25 PM) *
A lot of people say john robbed marquez but then again that's been the story of his life lol.

Garcia is too big, doubt he comes down. And if I were arum I would try to rent out rigo for the mares fight or rent mares, I think mares will be more competitive but that rigo can finish him so there's no worry of shitty scorecards. I mean arum would be knocking off one of gbps stars so its win win for them. The moreno fight would be a nightmare for rigo in terms of styles.

they have a selling point for rigondeaux/mares....mares needs to avenge his two losses to him. that may all become a moot point if ponce de leon beats him. the moreno fight would be another chess match...but i think rigondeaux takes it.

as for garcia... i don't think his size will phase rigondeaux one bit...and garcia is very hittable. i'd be shocked if they (garcia's team) took the fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 16 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 06:44 PM) *
they have a selling point for rigondeaux/mares....mares needs to avenge his two losses to him. that may all become a moot point if ponce de leon beats him. the moreno fight would be another chess match...but i think rigondeaux takes it.

as for garcia... i don't think his size will phase rigondeaux one bit...and garcia is very hittable. i'd be shocked if they (garcia's team) took the fight.

Exactly, I would love to see the mares fight. And it seemed like he was forcing golden boys hand in terms of trying to fight donaire. I didn't know rigo beat him in the ams, but to be fair I'm sure rigo was substantially older lol. Like I said I think mares can be more effective but I can see rigo still outboxing him and probably knocking him out. Agbeko hurt him pretty bad a few times and I see rigo is faster and stronger.

As for Garcia I think he's about two weight classes up above him, and not to mention he is a bad ass fighter so I doubt arum risks putting another star of his in the lions den

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 16 2013, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 06:59 PM) *
Exactly, I would love to see the mares fight. And it seemed like he was forcing golden boys hand in terms of trying to fight donaire. I didn't know rigo beat him in the ams, but to be fair I'm sure rigo was substantially older lol. Like I said I think mares can be more effective but I can see rigo still outboxing him and probably knocking him out. Agbeko hurt him pretty bad a few times and I see rigo is faster and stronger.

As for Garcia I think he's about two weight classes up above him, and not to mention he is a bad ass fighter so I doubt arum risks putting another star of his in the lions den

the last fight happened at the 2003 pan am games. abner was 18 and rigondeaux was 23. it was in the finals.

garcia is fighting at 126. that's just 4lbs north of rigondeaux. i wouldn't doubt pride on the garcia's side would make that fight. i'd favor rigondeaux in that match up.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 16 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd like to see Rigo fight Garcia next but that's probably not going to happen until way down the road, and that's even if Arum puts Mikey in there with him. This would be a great fight IMO, I currently lean towards Rigo in this one but Garcia is showing improvement each time out

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:21 AM