IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao - Cotto Rematch June 9th??? Maybe held at MGM Grand or Thomas & Max Arena???
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 23 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #31

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

I think Cotto will do "better" in the Pacquiao rematch if it comes off... half because Pacquiao IMO is past his prime, and the other half simply because I see him fighting a more disciplined fight in the rematch as he just proved being capable of in the Margarito rematch.

"Better" unfortunately doesn't equate to a W for Cotto however.

And this fight at 147 is a joke. 147 takes any credibility away from the win that Pacquiao gets. Might as well be a NC because in my eyes the fight never happened even if it does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 23 2012, 09:23 PM) *
"Better" unfortunately doesn't equate to a W for Cotto however.

Well worded....

Another win proves nothing for Pacquaio, and the only way a win for Cotto would prove relevant, is if and only if Pac tested positive for PEDs. Other than that...this match is null and void...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If this fight does come to fruition, then I think Cotto will perform better but I still see him getting stopped by Manny. 147lbs? Thats a horrible weight for Cotto at this point. I'd rather it be at 150-152 to at least make it appear to be on a level playing field. Arum is serving Cotto up yet again

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 24 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #34

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2012, 11:33 PM) *
I'd rather it be at 150-152 to at least make it appear to be on a level playing field. Arum is serving Cotto up yet again

Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys. Pacquiao would do the same thing to Cotto at 154 that he did to him the last time they fought, and at least at 154 I and many others would at least give him credit for the win. At least he'd be in there with a fresh, live Cotto (which still like I said isn't enough to get the W) which would make the fight at least realistic.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 24 2012, 01:14 PM) *
Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 24 2012, 12:14 PM) *
Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys. Pacquiao would do the same thing to Cotto at 154 that he did to him the last time they fought, and at least at 154 I and many others would at least give him credit for the win. At least he'd be in there with a fresh, live Cotto (which still like I said isn't enough to get the W) which would make the fight at least realistic.

That seems to be where it will be heading or either at 147, either way it's a bad situation for Cotto. Im notbug fig fan of catch weight fights either but i don't live in wonderland, Arum wont put Manny in another bad situation like he did this past November. The reality of the situation is either at a drained weight or a catch weight....either way Cotto will be f*cked. He's the one who has to fight so it is what it is

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 24 2012, 05:13 PM

+Quote Post
Seek
post Jan 25 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #37

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Looks like Cotto and his advisor had a meeting with Bob. As it looks, no agreement was reached due to the weight. Cotto is asking for a catchweight of 150. Pacquiao has already stated he won't go above 147. I see it playing out with either Pacquiao agreeing to 150 or Bob throws a little more money Cotto's way to make 147. Arum can't let Cotto slip away, espeically to fight Mayweather....LOL this is good stuff. Props to Cotto for being a BOSS. Hopefuly he sticks to 150 and Pacquiao turns it down so we can see Mayweather Cotto. Apparently Cotto and Mayweather have been in talks and there is no dispute over the weight...

This post has been edited by Seek: Jan 25 2012, 09:41 AM

+Quote Post
tgv
post Jan 25 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #38

Amateur

Member No.: 12,139

same outcome as the first fight but this time cotto boxes more and doesnt get beat up as bad, they go all rounds pacman by unanimous desc.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 25 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Props to Cotto for being a BOSS.

Thankfully! As stubborn as Cotto is as a person, I almost thought he wasn't gonna let his sack drop and would actually end up giving in to Arum. He is in total control of this situation. Fuck Pacquiao, the mofo STILL cant speak up for himself, has a hard time fighting anybody at any official weight, and he's looking pretty shitty nowadays.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Jan 25 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #40

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2012, 10:51 AM) *
Thankfully! As stubborn as Cotto is as a person, I almost thought he wasn't gonna let his sack drop and would actually end up giving in to Arum. He is in total control of this situation. Fuck Pacquiao, the mofo STILL cant speak up for himself, has a hard time fighting anybody at any official weight, and he's looking pretty shitty nowadays.

Yeah I can't help but think of Bob finding a way to make Cotto Pacquiao 2 happen though. Bob said he just has to convince Manny "to join the idea" of the 150 weight. That shouldn't be too hard lol. Can't this all just be over already. No fights are being made right now because of all this mess.

This post has been edited by Seek: Jan 25 2012, 10:12 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:29 PM