IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why don't they interview judges in controversial decisions?
JONdaCON817
post Jul 10 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #11

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jul 10 2011, 10:25 AM) *
they don't interview them because they are already in the locker room dividing up the brief case full of money they need to split by three that was RSVP to them from the promoter.

I know we scream for a league or commission in boxing like it can be done overnight (which we all know can't), but this is exactly why there should be a middle man in place running the "boxing league" globally....but good luck with that.

I'd love to see the titles consolidated under ONE LEAGUE (Call it World Boxing League or something) let em keep the alpha titles, even the promoters can be like "teams" in the league with their own fighters...still do the bullshit fights but ATLEAST we'll have a commissioner to be like "hey, that fight was bullshit and you know it...reverse the call or declare an immediate rematch".

This way the promoters will still have power over their fighters and who they fight..etc BUT us boxing fans will ATLEAST get SOME justice in a FORCED rematch.

This is all a stretch obviously and me just speaking hypothetically.

i like your hypotheticalness...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 10 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i think if they started imposing fines and penalties on judges that have ridiculous cards we wouldn't see it as much.

+Quote Post
FightHypeRules
post Jul 10 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #13

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,333

I don't necessarily think it's judges being bought off or anything like that as much as it's just incompetence.

Boxing has always had its history of corruption, but I don't know if it's still as widespread as it used to be.

I think it's more likely that some judges are just incompetent.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 10 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 10 2011, 03:02 PM) *
I don't necessarily think it's judges being bought off or anything like that as much as it's just incompetence.

Boxing has always had its history of corruption, but I don't know if it's still as widespread as it used to be.

I think it's more likely that some judges are just incompetent.

If the horrible decisions didn't always go in favor of the glamour fighter I might see your point.

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Jul 10 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 02:49 PM) *
i think if they started imposing fines and penalties on judges that have ridiculous cards we wouldn't see it as much.

How would you know who to fined because they're the judge and they're op is their op through their eyes so how could you just say man your card wrong I need to fined you. The area is to cloudy it would be to hard to impose fines because how could you tell them they didn't see what they saw

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 10 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #16

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 11 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Take a crowd poll (kind of like the Roman thumbs up, thumbs down thing). If it ends up thumbs down for a judge take him out back and shoot his ass. Judging will improve real quick.

Yes, I jest.

But, despicable judging should garner expulsion for life.

Back from Black Ops mate? You missed some cannon fodder while you were away.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 10 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 10 2011, 05:58 PM) *
How would you know who to fined because they're the judge and they're op is their op through their eyes so how could you just say man your card wrong I need to fined you. The area is to cloudy it would be to hard to impose fines because how could you tell them they didn't see what they saw

tell them to pick a different hobby or learn how to score a fight. there are some cards out there that would be impossible to come up with, Malignaggi vs Diaz I is just one that comes to mind. Gale van Hoy had Diaz up something like 10 rounds in a fight he was losing in. if they're going to shit on boxing like that and completely insult a fighter that trained for a month or two they don't deserve to be scoring fights.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 10 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:19 PM) *
It's a tough one because boxing is always gonna be objectional.

We can measure and record how many punches are thrown, how many land, how many miss etc, but what we can't measure is how hard a punch is.

Therefore, the judges have to guess what hits harder than the next punch. I guess they all figured that William's little pitty pat shots added up to more than Lara's power shots (even though he landed more and harder lol).

The problem is that no matter how tight you make criteria for judges, no matter what you do to judges who put out shitty score cards, you're ALWAYS gonna suddenly get a fight where the judges just give out random fucking scores like this. Any sport where you have a judge and not an electronic scoring method is gonna be the same.

What should be in place is a rematch mandate if a fight ends controversially.

Black

I see your point.

But I think a fight is in all actuality judged by who created more damage....afterall it is a fight.....a way to help with that is concubox numbers and so forth..

Still if that's how this fight was suppose to be judged its still a shame

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 10 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #19

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 11 2011, 11:32 AM) *
Great question. I think a judge shouldn't be allowed to leave ringside and be obligated and forced to take an interview if requested by a commentator or network.

Judges are not contracted to a network & have no obligation whatsoever to be interviewed by anyone. This is different to fighters who are paid by a network for their performance & are obligated to give a interview post fight.

That said judges should be called to account by the relevant state commission if their scorecard is poor or suspicious.

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 11 2011, 11:32 AM) *
It would be nice if there was an official boxing website (to the offical "boxing league") where fans can vote and if there is a certain percentage that disagrees with the scorecard(s) then the judge gets either fined, their license suspended or revoked and if the decision does not get overturned, then a rematch would then take place.

There should be no such thing (reference to the bold). Imagine if a popular fighter lost a decision & the said fighters fans deluged this site to lodge complaints? It would never work like that as it would allow for bias in a numbers game.

What there should be is a official forum where fans can express their displeasure at the way a fight was scored & that judge should have to front a tribunal to justify their scorecard to the relevant commission. If found by the panel to have displayed poor judgement then they should (dependant on the level of ineptitude) be punished accordingly such as having their license suspended for X amount of time with increasing penalties for each subsequent offence.

One thing I have noticed is that the judges are getting older. Is there a reaction test & eyesight test that is conducted annually for all accredited judges? If not there should be just like with over 85 drivers.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 10 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

I'm not sure how the interview would help. At the end of the interview the bad decision won't change. What I think would help is a consistent review and appeal process for such decisions.

But then again if the initial judging is bad why would the appeal process would be any better.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 07:55 PM