> Mayweathers Logic
Cshel86
post Nov 29 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 29 2011, 02:52 AM) *
Pac presents nothing in terms of style that would trouble mayweather. honestly I have never seen anything in Pac that made him a threat to Floyd Mayweather stylistically and Marquez boxing his ass to death recently just affirms it.

+1

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2011, 04:22 AM) *
nobodies doing the same for pacman boxing blitz has broken down one of the first or second fights to show marquez winning.

Maybe I should've supported my statement with the words "pactards" and "delusional", to avoid confusing the public (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 10:11 AM) *
I still remember lots of people saying that Ortiz was literally not landing anything on Floyd. But one guy decided to dissect the fight and showed that Ortiz was landing significant shots. Then people, knowing they got owned, decided to divert the issues by saying Ortiz was still losing. Sure, but he was landing some good shots contrary to what some people were saying.

I understand that people are lazy enough not to do a punch by punch analysis. But that's exactly what needs to be done to settle the question of who really won. Real time scoring on TV is shit. For example, I thought round 12 of Pacquiao Marquez 3 was close. But when I tallied the punches landed by both men, fuck, Marquez landed almost nothing. That's how deceiving their clash of styles is.

Now, I think Floyd won the first fight. But after watching that video, I'd say Castillo won.

Spot on! Ortiz did land some decent punches, but they weren't landing with full power and confidence because FMJ IS a more of a moving target than Ortiz has ever faced (outside of Peterson). Mayweather DOES get hit in fights, but the sting isn't usually on those landed punches. I understand watching a fight repeatedly and watching to see what actually lands...thank God for DVR. Half the time when I watching a fight, Im under the influence anyway, so it behooves me watch it again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I still cant agree with you in the Castillo fight...though I wish Floyd would've made that injury public before the first bell even rang. Im sure he didn't want to leave himself at a disadvantage by doing that, but it would've been equivalent to the flack that he's still catching from it years later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 29 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 29 2011, 10:23 AM) *
The problem is like this… the Castillo fight happened like what? Like 10 years ago or something? So basically Floyd back then was still improving and evolving. He wasn’t elite yet. He was good back then but as I said that fight happened like 10 years ago already. His style hasn’t fully matured yet at that point. Even so, he still won that fight.

This is one crucial factor that Floyd haters miss. They’re comparing something that happened 10 years ago.

It’s like saying your workmate at the office suck because he or she performed poorly during his elementary days in school. It doesn’t work that way. Because people change, people improve, people evolve in time. So a student may suck in elementary but improve and become better in high school, and become even better in collage. And so on.
The point is the Floyd 10 years ago was good but not as good as the current Floyd -- The focus being on the current Floyd that is what matters.

Pacquiao-Marquez III, however, was not 10 years ago or something, but it was just a couple of weeks ago. People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) thank you. You sir take a bow!!! Debating over a fight that happen 10 years ago! It was a great fight but Floyd was INJURED!!! Then he gave Castillo a rematch 6 months later. He did not wait two years or three, he gave it six months and killed all assumptions as to who won the first fight. There are still debates that Pac lost all three fights with JMM. Let it go! Great post

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
+1

Maybe I should've supported my statement with the words "pactards" and "delusional", to avoid confusing the public (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Spot on! Ortiz did land some decent punches, but they weren't landing with full power and confidence because FMJ IS a more of a moving target than Ortiz has ever faced (outside of Peterson). Mayweather DOES get hit in fights, but the sting isn't usually on those landed punches. I understand watching a fight repeatedly and watching to see what actually lands...thank God for DVR. Half the time when I watching a fight, Im under the influence anyway, so it behooves me watch it again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I still cant agree with you in the Castillo fight...though I wish Floyd would've made that injury public before the first bell even rang. Im sure he didn't want to leave himself at a disadvantage by doing that, but it would've been equivalent to the flack that he's still catching from it years later.

The key would was: INJURED. He had an injury, No one seems to talk about that. Pac can't fight through a cramp? Even that half hearted QB in Dallas played with cracked ribs. Give me a break

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 29 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

This is one crucial factor that Floyd haters miss. They’re comparing something that happened 10 years ago.
People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.

Welcome back Buffalo! Glad to see ya in yet ANOTHER Mayweather thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'd usually take this time to let you know that Im ignoring your posts, but you actually have some points this time around! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 29 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Then he gave Castillo a rematch 6 months later. He did not wait two years or three, he gave it six months and killed all assumptions as to who won the first fight. There are still debates that Pac lost all three fights with JMM.

It was actually 8 months later, but I get your drift. Dang, you almost had this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 29 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Welcome back Buffalo! Glad to see ya in yet ANOTHER Mayweather thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'd usually take this time to let you know that Im ignoring your posts, but you actually have some points this time around! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

It was actually 8 months later, but I get your drift. Dang, you almost had this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif) It is cool brah. 8 months, that is cool I can admit that I am wrong. You still suck.
The fact isMay had a hard fought fight and he gave the guy a rematch with no catchweights or BS terms 8 months later. We can't say the same thing about the Congressman.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 29 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #25

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 10:11 AM) *
I still remember lots of people saying that Ortiz was literally not landing anything on Floyd. But one guy decided to dissect the fight and showed that Ortiz was landing significant shots. Then people, knowing they got owned, decided to divert the issues by saying Ortiz was still losing. Sure, but he was landing some good shots contrary to what some people were saying.

I understand that people are lazy enough not to do a punch by punch analysis. But that's exactly what needs to be done to settle the question of who really won. Real time scoring on TV is shit. For example, I thought round 12 of Pacquiao Marquez 3 was close. But when I tallied the punches landed by both men, fuck, Marquez landed almost nothing. That's how deceiving their clash of styles is.

Now, I think Floyd won the first fight. But after watching that video, I'd say Castillo won.
He landed some decent shots, but Mayweather's defensive style took away it's sting just as someone else said.

The problem is like this… the Castillo fight happened like what? Like 10 years ago or something? So basically Floyd back then was still improving and evolving. He wasn’t elite yet. He was good back then but as I said that fight happened like 10 years ago already. His style hasn’t fully matured yet at that point. Even so, he still won that fight.

It’s like saying your workmate at the office suck because he or she performed poorly during his elementary days in school. It doesn’t work that way. Because people change, people improve, people evolve in time. So a student may suck in elementary but improve and become better in high school, and become even better in collage. And so on.
The point is the Floyd 10 years ago was good but not as good as the current Floyd -- The focus being on the current Floyd that is what matters.

Pacquiao-Marquez III, however, was not 10 years ago or something, but it was just a couple of weeks ago. People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.

This post deserves a standin' ovation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) .

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
+1

Enough said, case closed.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Nov 29 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #26

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Everyone in their right mind knows Floyd is going to kick Manny's ass. All I need to see is Manny show up on May 5. Things will be made clear enough for even the most delusional wishful thinking mind to comprehend. I'm not going to knock the man for creating this thread. It's past the time for talking about these things. This fight is on the horizon and there's not much in the way of it happening. No testing issues, no court cases in the way, and nothing but a shitload of money to make.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 29 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #27

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 29 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Everyone in their right mind knows Floyd is going to kick Manny's ass. All I need to see is Manny show up on May 5. Things will be made clear enough for even the most delusional wishful thinking mind to comprehend. I'm not going to knock the man for creating this thread. It's past the time for talking about these things. This fight is on the horizon and there's not much in the way of it happening. No testing issues, no court cases in the way, and nothing but a shitload of money to make.

Somethin' is in the way... Bob Arum's ego! He'll give people the illusion that the fight is bein' negotiated, but in reality, it'll be the exact opposite.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Nov 29 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #28

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

I was LMAO when I remembered that Allmenjoi said that Arum has already been checkmated!!! Maybe she got it all wrong.

Arum will again school GBP and the money team.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 29 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 07:23 PM) *
I was LMAO when I remembered that Allmenjoi said that Arum has already been checkmated!!! Maybe she got it all wrong.

Sigh...+1

As much as I hate to admit it...it always goes down like this. Arum always gets his way, even if a shitty fight is shoved down our throats to prove his dominance.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 29 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Hops he was checkedmated which is why he started a new game, that no one saw coming.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:21 PM