> Nonito Donaire disses Rigondeaux 'He is not worthy to fight me'
daprofessor
post Nov 20 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 04:27 PM) *
True but there's been some speculation he said that just to get out of the fight. As for berto I'm sure his roid use had something to do with his injury, I mean the guy was huge to begin with why the hell get roided up? His bicep was bound to explode lol

he had an operation. u don't have operations to get out of fights.

as for berto's injury....could be...he did test positive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 20 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 19 2012, 08:18 PM) *
i dont understand why donaire is being a bitch, its a fight thats all his am sure, i mean his last fight he did nothing too different, he just stopped being reckless and learned some patience at the cost of the crowd them agaim its always hard to follow a slugfest.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I just couldn't finish reading past this sentence!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 21 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM) *
you're not looking at the big picture in regards to bradley and guerrero. i never faulted him for passing on khan because he wanted out of his contract and was gunning for pac. only thing bigger than that is floyd. everything else is a step sideways or backwards.

same with guerrero...he wants floyd. every step he has taken has been towards floyd. i can't fault him for that. berto ain't a chump...neither was his last opponent. i can't fault the man for aiming high.

Yea but Guerrero aiming for Floyd is like ME aiming for Floyd. At some point you have to know your worth. I'm pretty sure there's a dude out there right now who think he can beat LeBron. Now LeBron may take a few ppl up on their challenges but at some point you have to be worth it. Whether Salido's roids had anything to do with it or not, Guerrero got schooled. You're right. Aydin isnt a chump but he BARELY beat Aydin (I had it a draw). You think Floyd give a flying fuck about that belt or Aydin? He ducked Paulie. He said no to a Judah fight before they could even negotiate. Reportedly, he said the same about a Matthysse fight too. He pulled out of the Maidana fight and that just disappeared. "My homie Strick told me finish your breakfast." You gotta fill out the Durex before you start reaching for Magnums lol If he fought Paulie, casual fans would be saying "Who the fuck is this big eared guy Paulie's fighting?" It seems like more people had a problem with Khan calling Floyd out than Guerrero. Khan's resume' is WAY better than his. I see the big picture, but Guerrero is stll drawing with crayola at this point.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 21 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Yea but Guerrero aiming for Floyd is like ME aiming for Floyd. At some point you have to know your worth. I'm pretty sure there's a dude out there right now who think he can beat LeBron. Now LeBron may take a few ppl up on their challenges but at some point you have to be worth it. Whether Salido's roids had anything to do with it or not, Guerrero got schooled. You're right. Aydin isnt a chump but he BARELY beat Aydin (I had it a draw). You think Floyd give a flying fuck about that belt or Aydin? He ducked Paulie. He said no to a Judah fight before they could even negotiate. Reportedly, he said the same about a Matthysse fight too. He pulled out of the Maidana fight and that just disappeared. "My homie Strick told me finish your breakfast." You gotta fill out the Durex before you start reaching for Magnums lol If he fought Paulie, casual fans would be saying "Who the fuck is this big eared guy Paulie's fighting?" It seems like more people had a problem with Khan calling Floyd out than Guerrero. Khan's resume' is WAY better than his. I see the big picture, but Guerrero is stll drawing with crayola at this point.

if u had a belt at more than one weight class...i'd agree with u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

losing to salido...roids or not...is not shameful. dude is a beast. as for him not facing paulie, judah or maidana....it happens. i wanted floyd to fight cotto and hatton at 140. he waited til both were shop worn to face them. sometimes the fighters we like do that. boxing is a business. i get it. he's picking his battles wisely. when it's all said and done...he may be in a better position than the guys u mentioned if he can play his cards right. i can't fault him for that. a lot of ppl bitched and moaned when floyd passed up on cotto, margarito and williams to try and get that delahoya fight. i wanted one of those fights to happen too....but i get it. floyd had bigger plans. i can't shit on guerrero for trying to do the same. it's his career....he and his ppl have to maximize their money. the same can be said for a lot of fighters. as i type this....donaire immediately comes to mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 21 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 21 2012, 01:22 PM) *

Very valid point..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 21 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Very valid point..

valid prior to his last two losses. especially his last one.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 21 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 01:02 PM) *
if u had a belt at more than one weight class...i'd agree with u. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

losing to salido...roids or not...is not shameful. dude is a beast. as for him not facing paulie, judah or maidana....it happens. i wanted floyd to fight cotto and hatton at 140. he waited til both were shop worn to face them. sometimes the fighters we like do that. boxing is a business. i get it. he's picking his battles wisely. when it's all said and done...he may be in a better position than the guys u mentioned if he can play his cards right. i can't fault him for that. a lot of ppl bitched and moaned when floyd passed up on cotto, margarito and williams to try and get that delahoya fight. i wanted one of those fights to happen too....but i get it. floyd had bigger plans. i can't shit on guerrero for trying to do the same. it's his career....he and his ppl have to maximize their money. the same can be said for a lot of fighters. as i type this....donaire immediately comes to mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ha! I agree with most of your points, even the point of Floyd passing on Cotto, Margarito, and Williams, in order to land the Oscar fight. Floyd went for the big fish, won the fight, and we all had to see Cotto, Margarito, and Williams lose to B-level fighters within a year of Floyd's win over Oscar.

Had Floyd fought Cotto and Hatton at 140....we'd never know how far those guys would've gone. Gladly, those fights didn't happen at 140, and they were much appreciated at the times that they came.

As for Robert, Saturday will tell us all that we need to know...either he loses to Berto and we see that he isn't ready for WW, or Berto once again gets fleeced by a guy moving up in weight and Robert will have made his mark.

I will openly admit (as if my hate posts haven't made it clear), I couldn't STAND Guerrero during his begging session for big fights...it was a bit embarrassing on his part (on a couple of occasions). They Aydin fight didn't show me much, I was just glad that he was fighting again.

He has SEVERAL opponents at 140, but chose to move up to 147. I just hope that he makes the most of this opportunity this weekend, so that somebody will look to give him a big shot. At his rank in the boxing world, the big names have to be impressed with you...simply calling them out, isn't enough.

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Nov 22 2012, 01:59 AM
Post #28

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

he ducking.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 22 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 03:33 PM) *
valid prior to his last two losses. especially his last one.

Even in his last two fights he has lost to better fighters than guerreros ever fought. It doesn't help guerreros case that he's been extremely inactive and honestly not too impressive in any of his fights. He should have definitely fought more, maybe work his way up the divisions with more notable opponents.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 23 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 22 2012, 03:54 AM) *
Even in his last two fights he has lost to better fighters than guerreros ever fought. It doesn't help guerreros case that he's been extremely inactive and honestly not too impressive in any of his fights. He should have definitely fought more, maybe work his way up the divisions with more notable opponents.

when u consider the inactivity....him jumping up 2 weight divisions and beating an opponent who was ranked number 1 and ducked by many over the last 2 years....i was impressed with his last victory.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:08 PM