IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.25 Million Buys Official - Mayweather-Ortiz 2nd highest grossing non-heavyweight fight, Jeopardy anyone?
Cshel86
post Oct 28 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As its been said before, those are good numbers against a guy who's never headlined a PPV. If he can do this with Ortiz, then he has a few more options to choose from to still make some good money!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 28 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2011, 11:11 PM) *
As its been said before, those are good numbers against a guy who's never headlined a PPV. If he can do this with Ortiz, then he has a few more options to choose from to still make some good money!

who besides khan?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 28 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 29 2011, 12:51 AM) *
who besides khan?

Hell, we will see after Khan. Who knew that JMM was gonna be an opponent for FMJ? It happened though. Im just guessing that whatever fighter has a decent streak or a very impressive performance would end up making the cut sooner or later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 29 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think he makes these kinds of numbers against Khan sergio or imagine a Canelo fight. Still he could probably pull these numbers with a berto or a Alexander after a decent win.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Oct 29 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,117

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 29 2011, 12:51 AM) *
who besides khan?

If there is no viable PPV then it shouldn't be there. And if it is the buying public should show them it doesn't belong. All this bull about fighters thinking they are a "ppv fighter" is contributing to the death of the sport. PPV should be reserved for the special fighters IN special fights. but, alas ppv has become more of a norm and people are becoming numb to the charges and hypnotized by names so boxing will just die sooner. All the hype, the movies ect are about MMA. thats where the demo is. A boxer is no longer the "baddest man on the planet"

This post has been edited by jlupi: Oct 29 2011, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Antonio Tarver
post Oct 29 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #36

I know who you are.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,004

Good numbers. Expected more but still good.

+Quote Post
RyanTical
post Oct 29 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #37

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,841

These are the numbers I would assume Mayweather could achieve against the following Boxers.

Sergio Martinez (more if it's at 160lbs strap)
1.0 - 1.25 Million

Canelo Alvarez (more if it's at 154 and a strap)
1.3-1.4 Million

Amir Khan (doesn't matter)
1.25-1.3 Million

I know, I know.. Mayweather will never go up to 160 to fight Sergio. Mayweather fighting Sergio at 154 still won't appease the fans when it comes to "getting over" Pacquiao because Mayweather had to "bring him down" to a lower weight and not fighting him at his optimum weight. I understand that it's no worse than Pacquiao asking Sergio to come down to 147-- but you have to understand who we are dealing with here. These Pactards are the worse type of fan, they severely outweigh the Flomo's in the ignorance department. Pactards will always be heard more than the Flomo's-- Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon are all Pactards. A the bad part is that they are all on TV, and it seems anytime someone attempts to be on Floyd's side they know NOTHING about Floyd's history to create a strong defense for the man. Steven A. Smith did the most horrible job defending Mayweather.

I know for a fact I would bury Michael Wilbon and Skip Bayless with all their Pacquiao nonsense.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 30 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #38

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Those are good numbers for any fighter. I bet the moment Pac and JMM fight is over everyone will be looking at the PPV numbers. They should do a better job since JMM is a known fighter and a future Hall of Fame inductee. If the fight does considerably better they will say Manny (if he and Floyd) ever fight will deserve the bigger purse. I wonder how Arum will sale Pac fighting Bradley next?

Good numbers May and Ortiz. I think he can gross more with Canelo or Khan. In all, it would of been a great fight if Ortiz did not spear FMJ with head but oh well.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Oct 30 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #39

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Finally. An official HBO figures. I'm just wonderin' whether gross amount would be more important than net income/profit.

Arum must be laughing at the emphasis on "gross".

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 31 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i wonder if any fighter in mayweathers or pacs position took time off like that and still pulled off those numbers? someone said something about killing boxing, its bad ppvs that are doing it, this wasnt a bad one, just a sour one, i was quite enjoying ortiz taking a beating till he lost it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:26 PM