IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beta Chatroom Invite List and Bug Report (NO FIGHT SPOILERS), This is only for name invites/bugs to report with the chat!
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2014, 05:24 PM) *
just paste that into the window where it shows the error. At the bottom

The am forcing people to register than pick random nicknames, is that then I can add them to the invite list and they can just invite themelves. Since if there trusted people of the forum we don't need to worry about them spamming links all over the place.

Oh I feel stupid!

Do you have it set so that the password has to be the password for the site that users have at registration (When they signed up for Fighthype?)

Is that password gonna be secure going through that window?

I would like to have a different password just for the chat in this case.

Just for example, suppose a users' email was joeblow.gmail.com and they wanted their password to be shazomba

Right now, they go to the chat, and within several seconds the status changes to "guest."

What exactly do they need to type in or past at the command prompt using my example where the email is joeblow and the requested password is shazomba?

Jack

PS. Right now I get the can't use the chat command in this window at the prompt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2014, 11:52 PM) *
Oh I feel stupid!

Do you have it set so that the password has to be the password for the site that users have at registration (When they signed up for Fighthype?)

Is that password gonna be secure going through that window?

I would like to have a different password just for the chat in this case.

Just for example, suppose a users' email was joeblow.gmail.com and they wanted their password to be shazomba

Right now, they go to the chat, and within several seconds the status changes to "guest."

What exactly do they need to type in or past at the command prompt using my example where the email is joeblow and the requested password is shazomba?

Jack

the password is secure, since that box that takes in commands isn't a chatbox, its a command line.

But yes a different password is fine. Everything different is fine tbh, its just easier to keep the same names. Since this chat is in no way affiliated with this forum, aside from us making it.

You need to tick the box that says Auth to services, and login with the account you've created for the chatroom.

A quick run down.

1. Join a nickname, it will reject this because you are not registered.
2. Register with /msg NickServ REGISTER shazomba joeblow.gmail.com
3. Go to email and take the command it gives you and paste it in the same box the registeration was pasted in.
4. Refresh the page, this time tick the box that says Auth to services, this will log you in. Or atleast give you the error that you need an invite
5. Give me your username

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2014, 06:08 PM) *
the password is secure, since that box that takes in commands isn't a chatbox, its a command line.

But yes a different password is fine. Everything different is fine tbh, its just easier to keep the same names. Since this chat is in no way affiliated with this forum, aside from us making it.

You need to tick the box that says Auth to services, and login with the account you've created for the chatroom.

A quick run down.

1. Join a nickname, it will reject this because you are not registered.
2. Register with /msg NickServ REGISTER shazomba joeblow.gmail.com
3. Go to email and take the command it gives you and paste it in the same box the registeration was pasted in.
4. Refresh the page, this time tick the box that says Auth to services, this will log you in. Or atleast give you the error that you need an invite
5. Give me your username

I copied and pasted #2 using my own email and password,right-clicked into the command line and it says you have not registered. The other time it said the connection was not available. One time I got a "Control E" prompt for the nickname, I was like WTF? Than it said "Captca Verification Error" Too tired for this now. It seems that everyone is having some issues. We will work this out eventually!

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 14 2014, 03:55 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2014, 02:05 AM) *
I copied and pasted #2 using my own email and password,right-clicked into the command line and it says you have not registered. The other time it said the connection was not available. One time I got a "Control E" prompt for the nickname, I was like WTF? Than it said "Captca Verification Error" Too tired for this now. It seems that everyone is having some issues. We will work this out eventually!

Jack

Hmm thats very odd, I take it they didn't send you a verification email

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:36 AM