IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Cotto vs, Trout: SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Dec 1 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reaction for tonight's Cotto vs. Trout fight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 1 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

I'm really rootin' for Cotto, but after watchin' Showtime's "All Access" episode leadin' up to this fight, I can't help but root for Trout, too. I'm just up for an eventful night, a night of excitement.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Love these round by round threads!

This is Cotto's fight to lose tonight. For some reason, I believe that Trout is more motivated for this fight, than Miguel. As I mentioned a few days ago, Trout has had YEARS to watch Cotto's fight game, while I'm sure that Cotto may have just diverted his attention to Trout over the past year or so.

Trout is a big dude, and Miguel will have to fight hard and smart tonight. Since he spoke of retirement on All Access, it's his best bet to get through this fight with as little damage as possible, and eye an Alvarez, Ortiz, Kirkland fight...hell, even a Mayweather rematch, for some big paydays to seal the deal.

Regardless of what people say about that Cotto being set and he could retire comfortably today...bullshit. He may be financially comfortable, but not many walk away multi-milliion dollar paydays. You see how Marquez said that he wasn't going to fight Manny anymore, due to the fact that he'll never get the W...again, bullshit...you see his ass is about to make another $5M next weekend. LOL

Floyd's money problems and refusal to pay taxes (regardless of what he tells us), may turn him off from fighting at MSG, which could be one of Cotto's last big fights, if it was worked out well. Screw Floyd, I see him shooting this down...dude is too much of wimp nowadays to give fans what they want anyhow.

Anyhow, this is Trout's night to fight like a possessed man, but if he shows too much respect, then he'll very well look down the barrel of his first defeat. I have Trout by upset...possibly a TKO before the 9th round. Cotto's early activity should make Trout respect his fight game, and not end up working against himself. Trout isn't the most exciting fighter, but he has what it takes to get Cotto outta there.

PS: I'm not sure how I feel about these no-hoper undercards tonight...GBP could've done a bit better.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 1 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

early body work by trout will pay heavily in the later rounds, cotto has always been known for fading and really thats why hes always lost, aside from the beating he took from pac he was obviously way too tired to even attempt to engage in the final rounds. and margs? plaster or not plaster even in the rematch he was slowing down. i always think the key to cotto is those body shots and avoiding that left hook.

amm pretty drunk so this is a rough analysis that i may look back in the morning and think WTF but for now am sticking with it

This post has been edited by mgrover: Dec 1 2012, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

It's the closing of round 4...glad to see Jacobs gets some rounds in. He's pitching a shutout thus far...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Fitzpatrick opts not to come out for the 6th round...Jacobs by TKO stoppage before the start of the 6th.

I thought the fuckin' ref was gonna let Fitzpatrick die in there in the 5th round...there were at least 3 occasions where it could've been stopped.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Did Brian Kenny just tell Danny Garcia that "when Judah beat Kosta Tzyu"?! Really Brian?!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 1 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Fitzpatrick opts not to come out for the 6th round...Jacobs by TKO stoppage before the start of the 6th.

I thought the fuckin' ref was gonna let Fitzpatrick die in there in the 5th round...there were at least 3 occasions where it could've been stopped.

Most refs nowadays would have stopped it. Im kinda glad he didnt tho lol Jacobs looked pretty good. I actually gave Fitzpatrick a round. Jacobs was clearly trying to get some work in. I liked what I saw. Jacobs at tmes was a little one handed. He dangled his jab instead of popping it but overall...nice performance. His charisma, his drive and his professionalism is very refreshing. He may be the most poised fighter I've ever seen out of Brooklyn.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 1 2012, 09:51 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Did Brian Kenny just tell Danny Garcia that "when Judah beat Kosta Tzyu"?! Really Brian?!

LMAO he sure did. I was scratching my head like man...I missed that fight?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 1 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Most refs nowadays would have stopped it. Im kinda glad he didnt tho lol Jacobs looked pretty good. I actually gave Fitzpatrick a round. Jacobs was clearly trying to get some work in. I liked what I saw. Jacobs at tmes was a little one handed. He dangled his jab instead of popping it but overall...nice performance. His charisma, his drive and his professionalism is very refreshing. He may be the most poised fighter I've ever seen out of Brooklyn.

What, Riddick Bowe wasn't poised...? (joking).

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:09 PM