> Anyone ever see this?, Testimony to HBO's nuthuggery
Franchize
post Oct 24 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 23 2013, 11:27 PM) *
He does this constantly on the air. He's easily my favorite commentator right now, and he just seems so happy to be there.

Yea he's one of my favorites. I've grown to be a big fan of Bernstein over the last year. Mainly because of his knowledge of the sport. He just seems to eat, drink and sleep boxing. He reminds me of the late great Bert Sugar. Roy is definitely up on my list though. I like Paulie because he defends tactical boxing and he knows how to keep his personal quarrels out of his commentary for the most part. I like Andre Ward. Antonio Tarver is a far better commentator than he is a fighter lol All in all, there's no need for Lampley anymore IMO lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 27 2013, 06:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 27 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 07:37 PM) *
I don't know man. I like Showtime's commentary. I could do without that Mauro Renallo guy. He doesn't know when punches land or miss. I wish they would let Gus Johnson do the big fights. I'm with you on Roy and Kellerman though. I think they're cool. Lampley's foolishness often overshadows them though and Merchant used to complete drown them out with his nonsensical blabbering.

BTW, anyone know why Steve Farhood barely talks now during fights. I remember when Showtime was less popular, him and Bernstein seemed to split the commentary duties. Now, he barely speaks. Is he like the Harold Letterman equivalent now?

Renalo is the new Lampley, this dude calls punches that aren't even landing at all and he's always missing punches that land.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:26 AM