IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30PM(PT)/10:30PM(ET)-Broner vs. Reese-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
neophyte7
post Feb 17 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #81

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 17 2013, 11:40 AM) *
That is the fight that I said I would like to see but these boxing purist in here said hell no. LOL

LMAO... that is because they know Broner stands the chance of getting his head knocked the fuck off his shoulders...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 17 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #82

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I think abril or vasquez will give him the most trouble. Corley can't take those kinds of shots, he might give him a few issues but I doubt he gives him a run for his money.

Btw isn't corley at 140?? And isn't he a beltholder? Why isn't somebody chasing his ass down? That division has players!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 17 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #83

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Broner vs Corley.. I bet Chop buzzes that ass real good!!!

Hard to say. A motivated Corely might make a strong effort, but I don't think wins on the cards. I forsee Broner potentially losing, not because of anything to do with lack of skills. He'll lose because he'll mock a fighter, leave his head exposed, do something really dumb-assed, and get KTFO. He's got Mayweather or Roy Jones type arrogance, when Roy was in his prime. (Roy mellowed after losing, big time.) But if Adrian wants to be like Floyd, talk shit outside the ring, but don't do dipshit stuff inside the ring. It's like I said before. Broner's just not good enough yet to be given a pass for his arrogance.

Jack

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 18 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #84

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 17 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Hard to say. A motivated Corely might make a strong effort, but I don't think wins on the cards. I forsee Broner potentially losing, not because of anything to do with lack of skills. He'll lose because he'll mock a fighter, leave his head exposed, do something really dumb-assed, and get KTFO. He's got Mayweather or Roy Jones type arrogance, when Roy was in his prime. (Roy mellowed after losing, big time.) But if Adrian wants to be like Floyd, talk shit outside the ring, but don't do dipshit stuff inside the ring. It's like I said before. Broner's just not good enough yet to be given a pass for his arrogance.

Jack

Had he been fighting someone else he "could have" ended up like Victor Ortiz during the Floyd fight. If he does not mature and continues to leave his chin exposed like that with his mouth open he's going to take an "L" in an embarrassing way (especially as he goes up in weight) I can't wait to see how he responds once the opponents become more competitively sound (still haven't seen the Ponce De Leon fight).

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Feb 18 2013, 08:47 AM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 18 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #85

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

The Problem has his own Problems in need of fixing if he's looking to dominate the 140, 147, and possibly 154lbs. division. I got the chance to see this fight live and direct in Atlantic City and as usual, Broner doesn't fail to disappoint in entertaining. Dude has skills, but 1 thing I noticed and I don't know if the announcers picked up on this or not, because I haven't seen the televised broadcast yet, but Broner gets hit waaaay to much. I'm starting to get the feeling that in order to escape this aura of him being compared to Floyd, that he'll look to focus on being more aggressive with his style and in effect will bring the Broner that I saw Saturday night. He'll continue to be a Bully at lightweight, but when he starts to move up in weight he may need to fix the amount of times he does get hit.

What do ya'll think of the Style of Adrien Broner, Offense & Defence?

Is he the full package?

+Quote Post
Thebruntje
post Feb 18 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #86

Amateur

Member No.: 13,529

Broner is very skilled and talented but he didn't show us yet that he's the complete package! He has been fighting the same way in his last fights, i don't see no
versatility. He has been able to impose his size advantage against his last opponents, all he has been doing lately is walking his opponents down while taking some punishment in the proces..My question is : What happens when he moves to 140 and faces big punchers like Mathysse, Garcia, Rios?
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!!
Broner is partially another hype job of Goldenboy, just like Canelo ! They're both young, very skilled, but until now they have been facing little men instead of quality opposition!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 18 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #87

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

The only thing with Broner that can be compared to Floyd is the STYLE. And STYLE doesn't mean effectiveness. He looks similar when he fights, but he is not as effective as Floyd - defense and offense-wise. To me he fights in the similar fashion as Floyd did against Augustus, but he fights like that all the time. I don't know whether it is based on his own decision or his inability to be more defensive and cover up better.

The biggest problem of THE problem is that he has not been tested yet. After someone gives him run for his money, then I'll know more.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #88

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Thebruntje mentioned Broner has won his past bouts based on his size advantage...that is how it appears to me too. I think Broner is gonna be knocking everyone out until he goes up and the size balances out a bit. That is when we'll get to see what Broner is made of

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 18 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #89

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Feb 18 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Broner is very skilled and talented but he didn't show us yet that he's the complete package! He has been fighting the same way in his last fights, i don't see no
versatility. He has been able to impose his size advantage against his last opponents, all he has been doing lately is walking his opponents down while taking some punishment in the proces..My question is : What happens when he moves to 140 and faces big punchers like Mathysse, Garcia, Rios?
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!
Broner is partially another hype job of Goldenboy, just like Canelo ! They're both young, very skilled, but until now they have been facing little men instead of quality opposition!

I swear I said those same exact words! I hope he becomes more disciplined before moving up cuz if not, graviTY could become one hell of a realiTY check.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #90

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^I agree but if Matthysse v Broner gets made Broner isn't gonna fight in the same way he fought Rees.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:42 PM