Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10/3/09 Arreola Vs. Maskiev, Fatty Vs. Grampa
BGv2.0
post Jul 15 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

I don't know about this fight. Oleg is well past 40 and has looked slow as can be the last few times I've seen him.....he still has his power though and I'm still not 100% sold on Arreola's ability to take a punch.

Could be interesting.....

I'd like to see Chris in the ring with some guys that will test his ability to deal with the height and size of the Klits. McCline would have been a perfect choice had he been in shape....but as it was he was only there to collect a check.

I think Danny Williams or Tony Thompson would be a better test for those issues than Oleg.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Jul 15 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

Arreola KO3

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 15 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 15 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I don't know about this fight. Oleg is well past 40 and has looked slow as can be the last few times I've seen him.....he still has his power though and I'm still not 100% sold on Arreola's ability to take a punch.

Could be interesting.....

I'd like to see Chris in the ring with some guys that will test his ability to deal with the height and size of the Klits. McCline would have been a perfect choice had he been in shape....but as it was he was only there to collect a check

I think Danny Williams or Tony Thompson would be a better test for those issues than Oleg.

Not bad, but it could be worse. The heavyweights are so bad now, we almost have to take what we can get even if its the guy who feasted on "I'm just a sparring partner and here for a paycheck" Rahman twice. Even if "Nipples" wins, I think he's got a LONG way to go before fighting either Klitschko. Chris has to get his weight down, get in there with at least two good fighters who have good chins and stamina, beat them, than he can be a contender. And than the question is, what happens if he looks ordinary or bad against Oleg? I don't know what this fight tells us or proves. I do know it's not a strong enough prerequisite for either Klitschko.

Even though he is shot and if he came back and fucking CARED about winning, I would like to see to see Peter-Arreola before Arreola-Maskiev. But if Peter looked like shit in training, no.

Jack

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 15 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

This fight will likely be on the undercard of Paul Williams-Dzinziruk. I'll take Arreola to finally retire Maskaev within 5.

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Jul 15 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,046

Arreola should be able to take Maskiev out. I just wish Arreola would come in shape.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 15 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Heavyweight

I read on another site that he appears to be "Trim" at those press conferences. He will never have a 6 pack but anywhere around 235 would be good for him.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 16 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #7

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Oleg still possess a KO punch..He is too old for Arreola though..Arreola is looking for easy fight or seemingly easy fights..This fight appears easy and may be easy for him but Oleg still might put him down..Arreola's biggest opponent is himself..He can't control himself..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 16 2009, 06:17 AM
Post #8

Heavyweight

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 16 2009, 04:11 AM) *
Oleg still possess a KO punch..He is too old for Arreola though..Arreola is looking for easy fight or seemingly easy fights..This fight appears easy and may be easy for him but Oleg still might put him down..Arreola's biggest opponent is himself..He can't control himself..

Jonny just shut up!

Arreola has been chasing the Klitschko brothers for the last year. He can't get them. If he beats Maskaev he doesn't have to worry about Oleg in the future. I know you hate Chris but that doesn't mean you have to start saying stupid shit.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Jul 16 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Lol at "FATTY vs. Old Man". Isn't Arreola an Al Haymon fighter? That would make sense about the P Will connection.

If we saw the Sam Peter v Maskaev fight this will be worse. I'll take it(I guess) as I'd rather seem him active than in-active .

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 17 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #10

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 16 2009, 06:17 AM) *
Jonny just shut up!

Arreola has been chasing the Klitschko brothers for the last year. He can't get them. If he beats Maskaev he doesn't have to worry about Oleg in the future. I know you hate Chris but that doesn't mean you have to start saying stupid shit.

Arreola doesn't deserve a fight with the Klitchkos..Why should he??Because he is overly hyped up??The Klitchkos would have a field day on Arreola..Vitali would drain him out then finish him..I give him props for the McCline fight but McCline needs to hang em up..He should have fought Ruiz instead of Oleg..I just think this is just such a stupid fight..It makes no sense..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:17 AM