IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto-Alverez or Cotto-Martinez?
Which is the smartest big fight for Cotto next?
Alverez or Martinez
Cotto-Alverez [ 15 ] ** [60.00%]
Cotto-Martinez [ 9 ] ** [36.00%]
Other (Your Suggestion) [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Oct 7 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Loved the activity level from Cotto in this fight. I belive the Martinez fight is better as the returning fight for two reasons. 1 Sergio didn't look to hot in his last fight and is coming off injury and layoff. 2 beating Martinez and winning this new strap at a higher weight Will make golden boy come out the pockets and pay Cotto that few more million he asked for the first time around.

I also belive experience and the resurrection of bodywork/workrate for Cotto would be enough to keep canelo guessing and frustrated. It Will be a good fight but canelo Will be outsmarted again by a champion that's seen every thing and done more than given credit for

i agree.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 01:07 AM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 7 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Back from the dead!

for some reason the administrators at my gig saw fit to block this website because of the dangers of viruses...supposedly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) to tired to log on at home at the end of the day.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2013, 07:42 PM) *
I agree, but I believe that Cotto makes that fight harder than its supposed to be...after he gets hit a couple of times.

I was about to send a smoke signal out for you!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

just use the homing pigeons. the wind be messin up the smoke signals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

jr middleweight is 152 in the amateurs. so u can weigh anywhere from 141 to 152.

153-165lbs is middleweight.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Oct 11 2013, 04:05 AM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *
You couldn't ask for a better matchup! Oh the suspense, just moments before the opening bell! I remember him getting touched up a bit at 140, but again, it may have had something to do with the weight, or him being overzealous at that certain moment of the fight.

He didn't take those shots well in the Provodnikov fight, mainly because he got up to around 180+ after the Manny fight, which he's usually around 165 or 170. I think Timmy trolled us in his last though..."Hey, let me go out here and fight stupid, look vulnerable, fight back hard, and get some buzz going". Looks like he pulled a fast one on us, since his chin and between-fight weight, is a topic of discussion now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As you mentioned, his height could be a problem at 154. He is about 5'6, which is a big problem for bigger weight classes. This is the reason that I thought Khan would edge him years ago, but that was then. As for Cotto, I'm not sure where this whopping 5'8 1/2 came from on HBO's telecast last week, but Im not even sure Miguel's past 5'7. I remember for the Pac/Diaz fight, they had Pac's arm length at 25 inches....really?! Get outta here! I question them sometimes, because fighters that used to fight on HBO, are suddenly an inch/inch and half shorter on the Showtime telecast. Lol

I'm not that familiar with the amateur weight classes, but would MW be in the 150's perhaps?

I've noticed the inconsistencies in height/reach numbers with Boxers also. Kinda reminds me of Pro Wrestling lol And as far as Cotto, I think it just reminds us what an exciting Boxer he is when we have a thread of 2 awesome match-ups for him and we start talking about another in Bradley.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2013, 09:51 PM) *
I believe they get more leeway in the ams tho, like about 6 pounds. Could be wrong tho

C'mon Check, you're supposed to know this! I hate trying to remember weight classes...just too many numbers for me. As soon as I figure it out, it ends up changing...reminds me of how I'll memorize my debit card number, then some stupid hacker ends up making a $3 purchase with my card number...so I have to end up getting a new one. Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:07 AM) *
for some reason the administrators at my gig saw fit to block this website because of the dangers of viruses...supposedly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) to tired to log on at home at the end of the day.

That's that old man stuff right there. lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:09 AM) *
just use the homing pigeons. the wind be messin up the smoke signals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Smoke signals in destitute areas, means something, regardless of the wind. The only time I dont like the wind, is when I'm throwing some ribs on the grill.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:20 AM) *
jr middleweight is 152 in the amateurs. so u can weigh anywhere from 141 to 152.

Okay, last time I heard, Tim was fighting at 152, so I guess that's Jr. Middleweight. Not sure how high he went afterwards, but hey, no need for me to even speak on it.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 11 2013, 05:05 AM) *
I've noticed the inconsistencies in height/reach numbers with Boxers also. Kinda reminds me of Pro Wrestling lol And as far as Cotto, I think it just reminds us what an exciting Boxer he is when we have a thread of 2 awesome match-ups for him and we start talking about another in Bradley.

Tell me about it! HBO tries to make guys look less like lilliputians, but Showtime tells the truth! If you're 5'5 1/2, then that's how tall you are with Showtime. With HBO, they may mark you at 5'7. lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 02:41 AM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2013, 02:20 AM) *

There it is.

Did you hear about the point system change they are doing in the ams? It's gonna start being a 10 point system like the pros, well at least that's what they have been Implementing over here in cali for some of the younger kids I work with.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 17 2013, 09:46 AM
Post #48

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Cotto is about to make a decision, who's it gonna be?

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Nov 17 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #49

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Cotto loses to both but the money is in the Canelo fight

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Nov 17 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #50

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think the money is in the bradley fight because arum can keep all th money in house, hes just has to dish out cotto, and thats it, h dont gotta split the take with dibella, let alone oscar. they dont call him the golden boy for nothng.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 04:27 AM