> GGG vs Canelo, Sparring
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 15 2013, 09:12 PM) *
I think the general rule of thumb nowadays is, if you whooped my ass in sparring, you pretty much have NO SHOT of fighting me anywhere near my prime. See Martirosyan vs JCC Jr lol

Martirosyan would get sparked by Julio in a real fight, but it's hard to look past that ugly sparring session of Julio's block head snapping back. Lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 9 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Please spare me the whole world is ducking GGG argument. Hes been fighting bums his whole career. Hes not a draw so obviously people arent lining up but hes got a network all over his nuts. How many middleweights out there get the chance to fight on HBO? He can getter fights than who hes been fighting. This shit is Berto, Alexander, Margarito, and every other HBO hype job all over again. The only difference is Berto and Alexander are black and the public hates those two. Its fighters getting fed bum opposition. The minute GGG steps up in opposition is the minute this bum gets dropped.

i respectfully disagree.

ggg has plenty of amateur pedigree on the world level. having won the jr world and world championships...plus a silver medal in the olympics with victories over bute and dirrell...he is something special. he's been beating his opposition impressively.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 10 2013, 12:29 AM) *
I kind of agree... Not on the whole race thing because everybody liked berto and xander so idk where that came from but GGG has been fighting very low level competition. A lot of hype and not a lot of walk, amateurs and sparring wars don't mean shit. I wanna see something, I really hope the GGG chavez fight gets made.

the same was being said about rigondeaux prior. ggg has 375 amateur fights. he's probably got more ring experience in his amateur career than berto and margarito amateur and pro careers combined.

amateurs actually mean something imo because u cannot pick your opponent. make no mistake about it...10-12oz gloves in the amateurs...even with headgear, still hurt.

ggg is going to beat everyone at 160. his biggest test is ward at 168.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 15 2013, 09:12 PM) *
I think the general rule of thumb nowadays is, if you whooped my ass in sparring, you pretty much have NO SHOT of fighting me anywhere near my prime. See Martirosyan vs JCC Jr lol

williams whooped margarito and got a shot at his title.

i agree with cschel... in a real fight...martirosyan gets beat by chavez.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 15 2013, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 17 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #25

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I like GGG. He's a very good offensive fighter and he comes to throw. He's what you'd want in a champ. With that said...i'm not sold on him. I dont think he's hyped like Berto because he is a much better fighter than Berto but hyped a lil none the less.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

here's ggg stopping bute at the world games. he showed some good defense in this fight. bute was a beast in the amateurs.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 17 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 15 2013, 09:55 PM) *
the same was being said about rigondeaux prior. ggg has 375 amateur fights. he's probably got more ring experience in his amateur career than berto and margarito amateur and pro careers combined.

amateurs actually mean something imo because u cannot pick your opponent. make no mistake about it...10-12oz gloves in the amateurs...even with headgear, still hurt.

ggg is going to beat everyone at 160. his biggest test is ward at 168.

I didn't say his amateur career didn't mean anything, I've seen some of his am fights and yea he was impressive. But Comparing rigo and ggg is like comparing shaq to Duncan. It is much easier to be blinded by a brawlers appealing style than rigos boxing style. Like shaq ggg has the physical dominant edge over anyone almost but his skills only reach a certain level. Like timmy rigo is a very skilled technician that doesn't have many holes in his game, not to say being a pressure fighter isn't technical but I meant in terms of being able to box.

And yea you can get marked up with those gloves headgear or not.

Ggg has been fighting the same type of guys so far, little defense, little ability to box, and easy to find. The macklin fight is a start cause he is a good middle that can box a little and can bang. But I think if he fights chavez he will have trouble with his size if he's forced to trade and will have to box a bit which I would like to see him do. I still think martinez will be too fast at this point (if he's still in the same shape). And for some reason I see 168 being too big for him but who knows. If it isn't him and b hop should get it on, I mean he asked for b hop and Hopkins fired back. I'm definitely not sold on him but I do acknowledge his skills and strength, these soft touches need to stop tho

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 17 2013, 03:56 PM) *
I didn't say his amateur career didn't mean anything, I've seen some of his am fights and yea he was impressive. But Comparing rigo and ggg is like comparing shaq to Duncan. It is much easier to be blinded by a brawlers appealing style than rigos boxing style. Like shaq ggg has the physical dominant edge over anyone almost but his skills only reach a certain level. Like timmy rigo is a very skilled technician that doesn't have many holes in his game, not to say being a pressure fighter isn't technical but I meant in terms of being able to box.

And yea you can get marked up with those gloves headgear or not.

Ggg has been fighting the same type of guys so far, little defense, little ability to box, and easy to find. The macklin fight is a start cause he is a good middle that can box a little and can bang. But I think if he fights chavez he will have trouble with his size if he's forced to trade and will have to box a bit which I would like to see him do. I still think martinez will be too fast at this point (if he's still in the same shape). And for some reason I see 168 being too big for him but who knows. If it isn't him and b hop should get it on, I mean he asked for b hop and Hopkins fired back. I'm definitely not sold on him but I do acknowledge his skills and strength, these soft touches need to stop tho

defensively speaking...rosado stepped his game up in that fight. he made very few mistakes...and i thought he was definitely harder to hit than chavez and most at 160. make no mistake about it...rosado is a much better fighter than his record indicates. he's been learning on the job. i think he's going to prove to be one of the best at 154. ggg is a much more intelligent pressure fighter than chavez and will not just follow martinez around and get beat up ala chavez. he's goint to cut the ring...strategically place his shots...break martinez down and force him into exchanges where he will get the better of martinez. don't get me wrong...i'm a big fan of martinez and i think he's blazed a serious trail. i think the trail ends with ggg. that's not to say that ggg won't have to walk through a shit storm to end it though. that's very likely. as for chavez...all he has is a size advantage. i can't see jr going the distance with golovkin because he gets hit waaay too much. i wouldn't be shocked if ggg ends it in less than six. to me...if those guys fight him, he'll get those wins...but i cannot see him getting much credit for either. his biggest fight is going to be at 168. he's going to bring out the best in ward if they ever fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 03:15 PM) *
defensively speaking...rosado stepped his game up in that fight. he made very few mistakes...and i thought he was definitely harder to hit than chavez and most at 160. make no mistake about it...rosado is a much better fighter than his record indicates. he's been learning on the job. i think he's going to prove to be one of the best at 154. ggg is a much more intelligent pressure fighter than chavez and will not just follow martinez around and get beat up ala chavez. he's goint to cut the ring...strategically place his shots...break martinez down and force him into exchanges where he will get the better of martinez. don't get me wrong...i'm a big fan of martinez and i think he's blazed a serious trail. i think the trail ends with ggg. that's not to say that ggg won't have to walk through a shit storm to end it though. that's very likely. as for chavez...all he has is a size advantage. i can't see jr going the distance with golovkin because he gets hit waaay too much. i wouldn't be shocked if ggg ends it in less than six. to me...if those guys fight him, he'll get those wins...but i cannot see him getting much credit for either. his biggest fight is going to be at 168. he's going to bring out the best in ward if they ever fight.

I think he loses a UD to Ward..Ward is on another level in comparison to GGG. I could see him beating JCC jr because GGG uses more ring smarts then JCC jr does, he wont fall into the traps like JCC jr does/ I think Martinez beats him by split decision, this is the fight I most want to see GGG in. GGG is good, he's a little hyped but he aint like how HBO did us with Berto. He got some skills and he's matchup problem for anybody he faces, but Martinez has a better ring IQ at this point in time and I think he ekes out a split decision over GGG

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 17 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 04:15 PM) *

Oh rosado is good, maybe even very good at 154. But at 160 ggg is too much for a guy like him. I actually thought rosado took some rounds that fight.

I respectfully disagree tho about him beating martinez (if martinez is still in his old form). Martinez is also very good in exchanges and I think his punches demand respect. They are stiff straight and fast. I am a big martinez fan tho, mostly because of that trail he blazed that you talked about, so I guess I'm bias. But I don't see golovkin beating ward at all either. He's just too skilled inside game and out

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:30 AM