IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lebron James going to Miami, Do yo like it?
JD
post Jul 11 2010, 07:24 AM
Post #21

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 9 2010, 08:44 PM) *
You bring up a good point... Miami has no one down low to do the dirty work. Someone like Perkins can exploit that. shit, now that I think about it... Orlando matches up with them fairly well. Who is going to handle Dwight Howard? I also think that Chris Bosh has become slightly overrated. He was in Toronto for Christ sakes... He had no choice but to shine up there... LOL. The East did just get interesting though... Boston, Orlando, Miami, Chicago...It's pretty silly to just crown Miami the Eastern champions. Sadly, I have been hearing that remark all day long.

Add Davis to Perkins and O'Neil, and not only is that a lot of bodies, but that is also a lot of fouls to give.

I still like Boston in the East.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 12 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,253

Might have been Wade's team, but that wont last. Wade took low money to get this guy here. I love Wade, but he knows Lebron is a better player.

Bird - Mchale, Parrish

Jordan - I already mentioned it

Isaiah - Dumars, Lambeer, Rodman Sally

Magic - Worthy, Kareem

People need to take a step back and chillax.

These guys now have to walk the walk. It will be fun to watch them try.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 12 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

It's not about that he left the Cavs, but how he did it. He could have let the Cavs know before he went on TV. Is it really that hard to let the franchise that did everything for you know your decision before you go on TV to make an ass of yourself? I seriously hope this dude never wins a title. I know fans on the Browns message boards are letting him have it, as are other writers. He could have handled this in a better way. In all fairness, Dan Gilbert could have handled it better too in the aftermath.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 12 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #24

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2010, 07:24 AM) *
Add Davis to Perkins and O'Neil, and not only is that a lot of bodies, but that is also a lot of fouls to give.

I still like Boston in the East.

I don't really like O'Neil as the new addition down low..I've never been a fan of his..Big Baby continues to keep getting better..I've always liked him but what he showed me in the playoffs is that he's taking it to a new level now..

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 12 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #25

First Ballot

LOL...yeah, your old team finding out when the rest of the world did was embarrassing. Not taking the calls from them the day of when they were looking for a heads up. He wants to leave, that's cool, but the way he did it was rough.

It's cool though, LeBron would rather be Pippen than Jordan...in fairness, he does do the point forward thing like Pippen. But Jordan was not surrounded by a slew of players outside of Pippen. Grant was solid...that was it really, the big men there were nothing, Paxson could only hit an open 3...he was later replaced by Steve Kerr who was a clone, could not create a shot or anything. The point was who...BJ Armstrong? Man, I hated him, but sometimes we forget what Jordan did with that crew that he had. The threesome that was greatest of all time was Magic, Worthy and Jabbar...that is just silly. Bird, McHale and Parrish with DJ were nasty as well.

Some guys are wired for it, some aren't...those that aren't go to other guys teams who have already won. In the end, he took a new job...that's really it in a nutshell, but the way he did it was not really the best approach.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 12 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #26

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2010, 10:40 PM) *
I have heard this quite a bit. What's the deal? Rather than him going to a club, and making it his team and getting others to join him. He went to a team that already had Wade and some stars. So he took the easy way out with a team that has stars rather than create his own?

Which is why he should have gone to Chicago..He would of been the superstar of the team with co-stars like Rose,Noah,and Boozer following his lead..

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 13 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,253

He's better than Wade. He aint gonna be Pippen. Would Jordan have taken less money to get (ok, keep) Pippen the way Wade took less to get Lebron?

As far as how he left Cleveland, I see the issue, but the bottom line is when the shoe is on the other foot, employers, at least in sports and in my industry, NEVER EVER give a head's up on a firing or a trade.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 13 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #28

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 12 2010, 09:36 PM) *
It's not about that he left the Cavs, but how he did it. He could have let the Cavs know before he went on TV. Is it really that hard to let the franchise that did everything for you know your decision before you go on TV to make an ass of yourself? I seriously hope this dude never wins a title. I know fans on the Browns message boards are letting him have it, as are other writers. He could have handled this in a better way. In all fairness, Dan Gilbert could have handled it better too in the aftermath.

Cleveland didn't do shit for Lebron, they were lucky to have him for the time they did. They should thank him for the time he spent in that shithole wasting away and move on.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 13 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #29

First Ballot

He ain't a better shooter than Wade, and his game will have to be more Pippen than Jordan to coexist with Wade...because Wade's game is nothing like Pippen's. Would Jordan have taken less money to keep Pippen...considering what these guys make now versus what they did, my guess would be yes in this day and age, but that is merely conjecture...Wade is a team dude, no doubt; as for LeBron, he makes out with the Florida state tax setup. But I think the bigger part is the mentality side of it that makes him more Pippen. Game on the line in a big spot, I am betting Wade takes the shot...not LeBron.

My guess is that Wade will average more ppg than LeBron, and Bosh will see his numbers suffer the most.

In the end, they will win 60 during the regular season, I think that is a foregone conclusion...but the playoffs will be a different story and that is where it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 13 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #30

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I have heard this quite a bit. What's the deal? Rather than him going to a club, and making it his team and getting others to join him. He went to a team that already had Wade and some stars. So he took the easy way out with a team that has stars rather than create his own?

it's because the championships are more valuable to him monetarily, then being the man on a shitty team. His biggest dollars come from endorsements and contracts, not just here, but worldwide. No one gives a shit about a great player that doesn't win, just ask Karl Malone & Dan Marino. If Dan Marino had a championship, he wouldn't be doing slimfast commercials.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:17 AM