Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KOs that went too far...
mitukczuk
post May 15 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

What are the worst KOs you have ever seen? I don't mean the most spectacular...but those that potentially caused a serious damage to the body....snapped necks, loose heads, twisted torsos...

I have two candidates....

Tommy Morrison vs Merciless Ray Mercer

David Tua vs John Ruiz

In case you need to refresh your memory...here is a 2 hour compilation..

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Extant
post May 15 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,810

The first one that comes to mind Mercer vs. Morrison. I saw that on TV live. Ray punished Tommy like he owed him some money or smacked his mama!

This post has been edited by Extant: May 15 2013, 03:50 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 15 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As of the past few years, I would say that Juanma got some of the worst beatings that should've been stopped. The first one that comes to mind is the Mtagwa fight...that should've been stopped earlier.

Anyhow, a couple of Javier Fortuna's fights may have seriously hurt his opponents because it was stopped late. His FNFs bout with Yuandale Evans comes to mind first. That dude got caught with a hook and his whole body twisted like somebody was ringing out a wet mop.

No way the ref should've allowed that dude to get up, JUST to get dropped in even worse fashion before the immediate stoppage. Fortuna's recent KO over Zamudio was brutal as well...no way he should've been allowed to get up and take further punishment in the first and only round of that bout. Dude was on the canvas for almost 10 mins. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 15 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Timothy Bradley's recent fight. This man is going to have brain damage soon.

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 15 2013, 06:25 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 15 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Extant @ May 15 2013, 03:32 PM) *
The first one that comes to mind Mercer vs. Morrison. I saw that on TV live. Ray punished Tommy like he owed him some money or smacked his mama!

Yes, as soon as I read the topic that popped into my mind. Although I couldn't stand the hype they were raining upon TM and I enjoyed seeing him getting blasted out like that I remember thinking that the Ref should've stopped it a long time ago.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 15 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mercer vs Morrison of course was wicked. Donaire vs Montiel looked crazy for a split second.

This is still the craziest knockout I've ever seen though. Simon Brown vs Vincent Pettway

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 15 2013, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 15 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 15 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Mercer vs Morrison of course was wicked. Donaire vs Montiel looked crazy for a split second.

This is still the craziest knockout I've ever seen though. Simon Brown vs Vincent Pettway

totally agree.

+Quote Post
thisneverworks
post May 15 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 51

Gatti vs. Gamache. Any fight where the fighter that gets knocked out sues and his WIFE also sues for the pain and suffering of watching her man get knocked out has to take the cake.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 16 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Juanma and the way Salido tore him up twice immediately comes to mind

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 16 2013, 04:27 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 15 2013, 07:48 PM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wNrB_V3PFc

I have recently read an article about the phenomenon when boxers still appear to box having their hands up after being KOd flat. It is a sign of severe brain trauma and it can potentially threaten ones life. This KO is definitelly up there on the Worst KO Scale...

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2013, 04:54 PM) *
Anyhow, a couple of Javier Fortuna's fights may have seriously hurt his opponents because it was stopped late. His FNFs bout with Yuandale Evans comes to mind first. That dude got caught with a hook and his whole body twisted like somebody was ringing out a wet mop.

No way the ref should've allowed that dude to get up, JUST to get dropped in even worse fashion before the immediate stoppage. Fortuna's recent KO over Zamudio was brutal as well...no way he should've been allowed to get up and take further punishment in the first and only round of that bout. Dude was on the canvas for almost 10 mins. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

These two were just terrible...especially the Zamudio one...total missmatch...Zamudio was thin like a paper....got crushed as one as well...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 16 2013, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:11 PM