IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Shows Are You Guys Watching?, Any True Blood fans out there?
Cshel86
post May 22 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 22 2012, 12:08 PM) *
Seriously, I don't rate a lot of the stuff that's on TV. I pay attention to the news a lot, but not the mostly superficial news programs that are on TV, except for the Bloomberg channel. I can watch that all day, except when it gets to the point where I get jealous of all the millionaires and billionaires on there (hater!).

I can't tolerate BET anymore - I miss the days when it actually had some sort of news on there that wasn't on the other channels (it's only saving grace now is when they show repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" - big fan of that series). TVOne's better than BET and I'm also getting into the Africa Channel, but their programming is extremely limited. 'The Mentalist' is pretty cool, as is "Let's Make A Deal." Basically the only things that are must watch on TV are boxing, soccer, Bloomberg and certain cartoons (the superhero stuff), sometimes the Knicks.
I almost forgot the cooking/cookery programs. BBC America's got some cool stuff (Gordon Ramsey FTFW) and Chopped on the Food Network.

If 'Scandal' is the Kerry Washington series, I hope it succeeds, because she's a talented actress and very gentle on the eyes, in person and on the screen.

Yeah Im utterly disgusted with BET...absolutely sucks ass nowadays. Some people call it EBT (for obvious reasons), and truthfully, I dont even get mad when I read comments like that anymore. The quality shows have either gone to shit, or BET finished putting the stake in the coffin (i.e. The Game).

Now they aim for pleasing the younger crowds, which is a disaster in itself. When I skim through 106th & Park, and hear about them welcoming home Lil Wayne, and other rappers that have gone to prison, that's usually a huge sign that the world has stooped to lowest level of dignity. I pray that somebody comes and buy TVOne and BET for a 2-for1 deal...something has to be done.

Scandal is GREAT, from what I've been hearing...haven't watched it yet. Anybody get a kick out of the stupid snitches on the First 48??? Love it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 25 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 12:46 PM) *
Yeah Im utterly disgusted with BET...absolutely sucks ass nowadays. Some people call it EBT (for obvious reasons), and truthfully, I dont even get mad when I read comments like that anymore. The quality shows have either gone to shit, or BET finished putting the stake in the coffin (i.e. The Game).

Now they aim for pleasing the younger crowds, which is a disaster in itself. When I skim through 106th & Park, and hear about them welcoming home Lil Wayne, and other rappers that have gone to prison, that's usually a huge sign that the world has stooped to lowest level of dignity. I pray that somebody comes and buy TVOne and BET for a 2-for1 deal...something has to be done.

Scandal is GREAT, from what I've been hearing...haven't watched it yet. Anybody get a kick out of the stupid snitches on the First 48??? Love it!

Re. BET, yup. The buffoonery was bad before, but as you said, this focus on the young audience is buffoonery at its finest. To my eyes, that change became more pronounced when Robert 'Uncle Tom' Johnson sold the company to Viacom. Robert Johnson was kept as CEO of BET even after the sale, but I'm not sure if his stupid ass is still CEO. I do know that he's still filthy rich though.
From what I've read of the CEO of Viacom, Sumner Redstone, he's yet another right wing media baron. Not as bad as Rupert 'the phone hacker' Murdoch, but he's still down for the 'right' cause.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 25 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 25 2012, 10:17 AM) *
Re. BET, yup. The buffoonery was bad before, but as you said, this focus on the young audience is buffoonery at its finest. To my eyes, that change became more pronounced when Robert 'Uncle Tom' Johnson sold the company to Viacom. Robert Johnson was kept as CEO of BET even after the sale, but I'm not sure if his stupid ass is still CEO. I do know that he's still filthy rich though.
From what I've read of the CEO of Viacom, Sumner Redstone, he's yet another right wing media baron. Not as bad as Rupert 'the phone hacker' Murdoch, but he's still down for the 'right' cause.

At least you know that much about this dead television network. I just know that it sucks, and Im ready to see it go. It's funny how you can watch a show on MTV or VH1, and when a song plays, the artist, song title, etc. appears at the bottom of the screen. What happens when a song plays during a show on Bet? Yep you got it...you have to go on an endless conquest of Google searches to find out who sings the song.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 26 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

I can't be the only one that watches that show Archer on FX. One of the most witTY comedies I've seen. By the way it's f'n hilarious! Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix if anyone cares.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 26 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 17 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Oh yeah, if you want to catch those last few episodes from last season, then you can simply register on HBOGo.com for free. They'll ask what your cable provider is, and from that point, you will log on with the same info that you use to log in to your cable provider's site to pay your bill. Easy! ALL 4 seasons are on there as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime. We're working on a part of the board where we can post stuff to upload fights, etc.

Just finished the last of season 4 today! I can't wait to see how this new season pops off cuz its bout to get real!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 26 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 26 2012, 03:36 PM) *
I can't be the only one that watches that show Archer on FX. One of the most witTY comedies I've seen. By the way it's f'n hilarious! Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix if anyone cares.

Bro, Archer is some of the funniest shit that they've put on television in a while. Everybody on the show is sarcastic as hell, but Archer is definitely the funniest one on the show! I didn't catch all of Season 3, but the first two were funny as shit!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 26 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 26 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Just finished the last of season 4 today! I can't wait to see how this new season pops off cuz its bout to get real!

I cant wait to see how gangsta this Vampire Authority will be this season.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 27 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 25 2012, 09:37 PM) *
At least you know that much about this dead television network. I just know that it sucks, and Im ready to see it go. It's funny how you can watch a show on MTV or VH1, and when a song plays, the artist, song title, etc. appears at the bottom of the screen. What happens when a song plays during a show on Bet? Yep you got it...you have to go on an endless conquest of Google searches to find out who sings the song.

What's ironic is that MTV, vh1 and BET are all owned by Viacom.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 28 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 27 2012, 11:57 PM) *
What's ironic is that MTV, vh1 and BET are all owned by Viacom.

Wow...not good. Not good for BET anyway. I mean seriously, people/companies that blow off upgrades to keep up with the changes in the world, usually says a lot about them. Change is good...somebody should tell BET that.

Think about it, music videos hit the internet before they even hit these stations nowadays. There's no need to wait for news, because of the internet, smart phones (w/ internet access), and social networks. Changes like this will put people out of business.

Anyway, Im looking to catch up Californication...this past season was great, but I hate trying to figure out whats going during the current season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 30 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Cant wait 'til next weekend! FNF, Bradley/Pacquiao PPV, and to end the weekend properly...the season 5 premiere of True Blood! Cant wait! <Bart Scott voice>

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:09 PM