IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Too Much Trash-Talking and Not Enough Fighting in The Ring, it's all getting a little old really quick....
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 27 2013, 02:13 AM) *
Yep, it's a necessary evil. IMO a little trash talk or a little barb here or there to your opponent is entertaining. You gon fight any way. Da fuck you supposed to do, just train and look in the camera and praise your opponent. Boring!! That whole leave it in the ring shit is played out. This aint Dempsey's day. It's a different time and you either adapt to it or get left in the past. Some people aren't trash talkers like an Andre ward, that's cool. I respect his skills all the same, but it's no coincidence that the trash talkers are getting the money and the big fights

i guess i was speaking more to the fact that these guys are trying to one up each other outside of the actual promotion. paulie and broner squaring off outside the venue for no one. shit like that is going to end up in some real street fights. people wonder why boxing isn't in the main stream anymore. you can't have it both ways. either they are going to clean shit up and attract real sponsors...or keep it street and leave coverage to the ellie sechbachs of the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 02:42 PM) *
Trash talking is good for any sport. Trash talking is not classy and nor should it be. See Ali...he was very creative but he knew how to get under his opponents skin. The reason why we are dissatisfied with Floyd is because he is not talking enough shit. The reason why people are saying Guerrero may have a chance to win is because of the amount of shit that has been talked. The reason why we are so intrigued with the Judah fight is because of all the shit talking that has taken place. I enjoy it. When Tyson told Lewis that he would eat his children that was great!

Broner is ridiculous. Plain and simple, he tries way too hard. I am pulling for Paulie by the way.

what ali did was genius. these days...ppl don't even come close.

tyson/lewis had a brawl before their fight. that was a little overboard...and the guy who talked the most shit got his ass handed to him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Mayweather best moments had to be against Oscar. He had some lines!

at best....mayweathers shit talk is pathetic.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 29 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Adrien Broner represents the new age, half-a-fag type "all-about-swag" type young motherfuckers that you see out there.

You can say whatever you want about Floyd Mayweather, but at the end of the day, when it comes to boxing, the guy has that old school mentality.

Adrien lost me when he started eating diseased strippers out on Worldstar. That was the moment when I just sat back and had to say, "The bullshit has to stop."

I want the kid to do well, but God damn does he make it hard to support him. How are you going to make "brothers" out of people you should be salivating over to fight ?

i think broner is very beatable and no where near floyd's level. i know ppl want to make that comparison...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 29 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-post...urse-man--64983

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) broner!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 29 2013, 06:14 PM) *

broner just needs to leave it alone. he's going to lose outside the ring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 30 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 04:46 PM) *
i guess i was speaking more to the fact that these guys are trying to one up each other outside of the actual promotion. paulie and broner squaring off outside the venue for no one. shit like that is going to end up in some real street fights. people wonder why boxing isn't in the main stream anymore. you can't have it both ways. either they are going to clean shit up and attract real sponsors...or keep it street and leave coverage to the ellie sechbachs of the world.

I think you can have it both ways it just needs to be more balanced

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 30 2013, 01:29 AM) *
I think you can have it both ways it just needs to be more balanced

and who's going to make sure it's balanced? between the dim witted fighters and brainless hacks....balance will never happen.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 1 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 03:19 PM) *
and who's going to make sure it's balanced? between the dim witted fighters and brainless hacks....balance will never happen.

I Never say never. Anything can happen

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 1 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 05:50 PM) *
what ali did was genius. these days...ppl don't even come close.

tyson/lewis had a brawl before their fight. that was a little overboard...and the guy who talked the most shit got his ass handed to him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ali was freaking amazing with his talk, there YouTube video highlights of his trash talk, that's how good he was lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 05:51 PM) *
at best....mayweathers shit talk is pathetic.

Idk i thought mayweathers been clowning Robert but I guess that isn't much to be proud of

Paulie is pretty good, he verbally ran circles around Thurman in that post fight conference

This post has been edited by checkleft: May 1 2013, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:49 PM