> Mayweather Interview on NBC
iKeNjiro
post Mar 2 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

Yea Floyd contradicts himself a lot...

Me being a black male, I understand where is he is coming from....
but it pisses me off when he doesn't fully get the question and starts talking about other things...I don't know if it's because he nervous or so much on his mind that he loses track of his thoughts and is at times all over the place when expressing himself.

He does need a better PR team, because I am actually annoyed at this point.
He needs to sit with a team and explain his feelings then that PR team takes his thoughts and puts that professional touch on it.

He can't say "I fight for my fans, and to put the finishes touches on my career or Yes Pacquiao YOUR NEXT"
Then turn around and say "I come 1st, I fight for me...I don't need Pacquiao! Floyd Mayweather is fine without that fight"
HUH?????????????????????????????????????
pisses me off...

Yes you offered Pacquiao his biggest payday but you (Floyd) has to understand Pacquiao is a huge draw, just as huge as Floyd
and this is the biggest fight in history...Pacquiao is not these other guys so you can't come off to controlling it will make him feel like less a man and he's apart of this history as well....

So give Pacquiao the 50/50 and take all the Revenue or winner gets all the Revenue
Spice it up a bit man damn this shit makes it hard to defend him
I know he'll beat Pacquiao's ass, that it would be an easy night
But when he does these things it's hard to combat these fucking Pactards....

The big announcement will be Floyd vs Pacquiao or Martinez (IMO)

This post has been edited by iKeNjiro: Mar 2 2012, 10:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 2 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

that would look like hes overlooking cotto

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 3 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2012, 11:35 PM) *
that would look like hes overlooking cotto

I agree...he's not overlooking Cotto...not in the least.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 3 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Mar 2 2012, 10:18 PM) *
The big announcement will be Floyd vs Pacquiao or Martinez (IMO)

I beg to differ. Oscar will probably tell us something that we already know...maybe he makes one of those Ricky Martin announcements this time. Oh yeah...since when have we ever heard of Floyd's next opponent being announced before his current opponent? Hell...sometimes we have to wait months to see who he's fighting next...

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 3 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Mayweather is 35.. has never been dumb.. just young and immature. He has matured and actually speaks very intelligently about his rationale... The mayweathers may not speak the King's English per se, yet they have shown an uncanny intelligence at carving out a a niche in the fght game and manipulating the media and getting rich from it.. The Mayweather name will live on in boxing for quite some time...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 3 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 2 2012, 09:27 PM) *
ummm..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) not trying to stir the pot but i think it's patience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

You are right. patience and not patient. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif) even great ones make mistakes,

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 3 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 10:37 PM) *
The answer to that question is simple...he will continue to fight guys who have no choice but to accept the money that he presents to them. Cotto's looking at somewhere around $30M...not sure he would've made that much money against anybody else.

At this point of Cotto's career, he's "supposed" to be one foot out of the game, but that much money makes anybody look like they still have something in the tank. Hell, Ortiz got about $2.5M, which is his biggest payday, so who would be crazy enough to walk away from that type of money?

I agree about the criticism that he may get for making that comment about fighting for himself, but really...hasn't criticism made his career what it is today? When people talk bad about him, and hopes that he loses..that curiosity leads to huge dividends for him.

If I remember correctly Oscar did not spilt 50/50 with anyone. No one said that he was greedy or a bastard for doing so. Mayweather is outspoken and people can not control him and that is what the media hates.

He is honest he fights for himself. I wish more people would be honest. Aren't you tired of athletes saying what they are programmed to say? Especially when we know it is B.S. I don't get why people like being lied to. If he said he fights for the fans and America and Michigan the Dalai Lama we would call BS so fast. He has earned his right to call shots
As far as Pacqiao and his legacy are concerned: When in history of anything do we only look at someone's career in pockets? I mean are boxing historians really going to say well Pacquiao is the greatest of his era because from 2006 he dominated? That is a little ridiculous. If that is the case Andy Roddick is the greates American tennis player ever. Because from 2000-2003 he was pretty bad ass. Greatness is something that does not take shape over night. Look at the career of Ali, Julio Cesar Sr. Hector Camacho and all the greats, they did not dominate over night, they kicked ass from the start. So I agree Mayweather does not need Pacquiao but having him on his list would not hurt. I think Pacquiao has more to prove.

Bob Costas is an asshole. He is one of these "reporters" who think they have an upper hand. He reminds me of Anderson Cooper.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Mar 3 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #28

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,658

Floyd just better tell Roger to keep his ass in the corner when Cotto hits him in the nuts. lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 3 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Mar 3 2012, 01:04 PM) *
Floyd just better tell Roger to keep his ass in the corner when Cotto hits him in the nuts. lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I didn't even think about that!

+Quote Post
Archimedes
post Mar 3 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #30

Amateur

Member No.: 13,487

Floyd comports himself well when he has a desire to, and when it's advantageous to. You can sense the maturity in the fighter and his approach, I think Floyd is at a point in his career where he can sit back and collect his spoils and Manny Pacquiao doesn't factor into any aspect of it. I realize the media’s obsession with a fight that will never happen but Floyd is on a echelon by himself, and all they can really do to try to detract from a rich, proud, African American is to try to pepper him with questions they pretty much already know the answer to if they were minutely intellectually honest.

Mayweather-Pacquiao is never going to happen while Manny is a "Top Rank" fighter, it's that simple. There isn't anything clearer than that. Manny is never going to make 50% when his promoter and brain isn't in full control of the revenue stream. It's always interesting how many folks intentionally twist facts simply because they dislike Mayweather's bravado and skin color.

Until Manny has the kind of success in marketing himself as Mayweather has he doesn't deserve an equal split. Floyd has been successfully running his career for years now; while Manny has been an indentured servant to Top Rank. Manny's nothing more than a farmhand on Bob Arum's plantation and he wants half? Arum has been the one that’s been skillfully navigating his fighter through the rocky shoals of catch weights and drained fighters with little outcry. While Floyd is the mold and blueprint for how a fighter should take control of his career.

If all Costas can conjure in terms of questions are the popular misconceptions based on Floyd’s statements, he's failed as a sports journalist, because there's a lot more that makes Floyd Mayweather tick than whether or not he's going to fight Pacquiao or what he thinks about Jeremy Lin.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:02 AM