IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Toney vs Joe Calzaghe, Primes...
PR316
post Jul 6 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Toney had the talent to beat almost anyone really. The drive and motivation were not always there, though. Evidence shows by James losing to less talented fighters than himself, like Montell Griffin and Drake Thadzi. Lets face it, he is and even then was lazy.

I believe Toney is a better overall fighter than Joe. But when he dealt with speed and movement, he had some trouble, like in the Michael Nunn fight, where he was losing before finally breaking down his man. Toney's performance against Iran Barkley is probably my favorite fight of his but the Blade stood in front of him whereas Joe would move in and out and side to side.

I think this is a fight where Joe pulls out on activity. He'll outwork Toney every round and though James will land the harder more effective punches, and wouldn't shock me if he floored Calzaghe at all sometime in the fight, I see the judges rewarding Joe for his aggression, flurries, and quantity of punches if not so much quality.

Joe comes out busted up like he did a bit from the Hopkins fight but will eak out a close, controversial verdict.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 7 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #2

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

At 168,Toney had a lot of stamina and was able to throw enough punches to keep anyone off him if he wanted to..Calzaghe would get busted up bad like you said but I also think Toney would drop him for sure..Toney's best weight was 168 IMO..Calzaghe would eat a lot of uppercuts and straight rights I think..Toney had an amazing jab and left hook too..His speed at 168 would be enough for him to pull it out I think..He was a KO puncher at 168..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 7 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Round 1:

Calzaghe comes out fast. Blasting Toney against the corner. No feeling out process for Calzaghe in this one. Great counter right hand stops Calzaghe in his tracks. Calzaghe fights back. Non stop action as the exchange in the middle of the ring.

Round 2:
Calzaghe comes out firing away. Toney starts to make Calzaghe look real foolish in there. WHOA... Counter right hand lands flush on Calzaghe's Jaw. Calzaghe is stunned but he continues to fight back. OOHHHH.... WICKED right hand lands for Toney. Toney is making Calzaghe look like a child in there. BIG ROund for Toney.

Round 3:
MOre of the same... Calzaghe missling wild shots and Toney Cracking Calzaghe's Jaw with his right hand. Calzaghe backs Toney up against the corner and let his hands fly. No shots land. Toney yells something at Calzaghe and motions him to bring it on. WHOA... Hard right hand lands for Toney. Calzaghe seems hurt but he continues to fight back.

Round 4:
Calzaghe comes out stalking. Toney bounces a left hook off Calzaghe's head. Calzaghe pins Toney against the corner and let his hands go. Shot ARE landing. Toney seems to be dazed a little. Toney pushes Calzaghe away. Good bodyshot lands for Calzaghe. Toney retreats.... Calzaghe is all over Toney. Toney is in trouble... Bell Rings. BIG round for Calzaghe.

Round 5:
SLow round... Calzghe jabs as Toney reserves himself. WHOA Left hand clobbers Calzaghe and he's hurt but he continues to fight. Toney let's him off the hook and now Calzaghe is on the attack. JAB JAB... Calzaghe has found a home for his jab. Slow Round

Round 6
Toney come out agressive. Calzaghe misses a wild hook and pays the price. Big right Hand lands for Toney. Nasty body shots land for Toney. Calzaghe returns fire but Nobody's home. Toney stalking Joe now. digs a left hand to the rib cage. Calzaghe is hurt. Toney walks him down and lands a right hand. Good round for Toney

Round 7

More of the same. Calzghe throwing punches but not landing. Toney making him pay. BRUTAL uppercut lands for TOney. Calzaghe showing a lot of heart in there. Calzaghe flurries but nothing lands. Toney not doing much. Calzaghe continues to throw. Pins Toney against the corner... NICE combination to the body.

Round 8
Toney comes out with a jab. Calzaghe digs a right to the body. Calzaghe fires away. Toney blocking most of his shots. Nice left hand lands for Calzaghe. Joe is picking up his workrate. Toney is oinned and Calzaghe fires away. Toney lands a nice right hand but calzaghe eats hit and keeps thrwoing.
Good Round for Calzaghe

Round 9
Slow round. Calzaghe stalks Toney moves out the way. Calzaghe lands a nice combo. Toney Lands a good Uppercut but Calzaghe is out working him. Joe let's his hands fly nothing lands. OOOOOOOHHHHH Big counter right lands fo Toney and Calzaghe begins to bleed from his nose.

Round 10.
Toney appears to be slowing down. Calzaghe flurries and lands mostly on arms and gloves. Toney grabs Calzaghe. Toney digs a combo to Calzaghe's body. Joe keeps coming foward, forces James to a corner and fires away. Joe lands a few shots and Toney counters with a right hand.

Round 11
Toney chooses to box a bit this round. Jab, JAb, JAb... Calzaghe doesn't have an answer for the jab. Slow round. Toney lands a right hand then throws the hook which misses. Calzghe pushes him back and fires away. Some shots get in.

Round 12
Calzaghe seems Gassed. Those body shots have caught up to him. Toney lands a right hand then moves away. Calzaghe flurries but lands nothing. Toney throws a left hook which catches Joe on the chin. They exchange in the middle of the ring. Toney lands a wicked right hand. and thats the final bell...

They go to the scorecards....

116-112
115-113
115-113... For you're winner...

JOEEEEEEEEEEEE Calzaghe! The crowd BOO's

Toney was robbed!

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jul 7 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

If this fight happens on US soil I will take Toney by UD. It a willey old BHop can be Cal in some people's eyes and Prime Toney will beat him in everyones eyes.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 8 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 8 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Round 1:

Snip

Toney was robbed!

You left out some key points.

Toney comes to the ring eating cheesy fries & drinking a Dr Pepper complaining that "this fight is getting me away from that damm buffet"

Break between round 3 & 4

Toney refuses to continue until he is grilled a fresh cheeseburger during round 4.

Break between round 4 & 5

Toney wolfs down a fresh cheeseburger bitterly complaining that "I told you this shit would happen if I don't get my food muthafucka" refusing water Toney screams "get me a fuckin coke".

Break between round 7 & 8

Toney is complaining of hunger pains & says he feels drained. There is talk about his ribs taking a grilling in the previous round. This seems to motivate James but not the way his corner wants. "Ribs, get me some ribs muthafucka & I want BBQ sauce on those muthafuckas & whole rack!"

Break between rounds 8 & 9

Toney is really destroying those ribs & the commentaters begin to wonder if that black blood smeared around his mouth is internal bleeding. Not to worry though as it is only BBQ sauce & is quickly wiped away.

Break between rounds 9 & 10

It is clear that the ribs were a bad idea & James calls for liquid refreshment in his charming style of "thickshake strawberry now muthafucker"

Break between rounds 11 & 12

Toney greedily slurps his thickshake complaining that "I needed this shit earlier it gives me energy"

After losing the decision Toney lurches from the ring telling Larry Merchant "you wanna interview me you honkey you find me at Caesars, Caesars buffet but don't cut my line!"

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 8 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I finally broke down and got the boxing sim. That shit is addictive!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 8 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #7

Chief Haterizer

I thought you were congragulating me on what may well be my finest post ever.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 8 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 8 2009, 09:37 AM) *

Toney comes to the ring eating cheesy fries & drinking a Dr Pepper complaining that "this fight is getting me away from that damm buffet"

Toney refuses to continue until he is grilled a fresh cheeseburger during round 4.

Toney wolfs down a fresh cheeseburger bitterly complaining that "I told you this shit would happen if I don't get my food muthafucka" refusing water Toney screams "get me a fuckin coke".

Toney is complaining of hunger pains & says he feels drained. There is talk about his ribs taking a grilling in the previous round. This seems to motivate James but not the way his corner wants. "Ribs, get me some ribs muthafucka & I want BBQ sauce on those muthafuckas & whole rack!"

Break between rounds 8 & 9

Toney is really destroying those ribs & the commentaters begin to wonder if that black blood smeared around his mouth is internal bleeding. Not to worry though as it is only BBQ sauce & is quickly wiped away.

Break between rounds 9 & 10

It is clear that the ribs were a bad idea & James calls for liquid refreshment in his charming style of "thickshake strawberry now muthafucker"

Break between rounds 11 & 12

Toney greedily slurps his thickshake complaining that "I needed this shit earlier it gives me energy"

After losing the decision Toney lurches from the ring telling Larry Merchant "you wanna interview me you honkey you find me at Caesars, Caesars buffet but don't cut my line!"

LOL!!!!!... Nice...

Especially the part of the thickshake. ROTFLMAO!!

This post has been edited by PR316: Jul 8 2009, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 8 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #9

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 8 2009, 05:53 AM) *
I thought you were congragulating me on what may well be my finest post ever.

Dude,that post was amazing!!!!I was cracking up the whole time reading it..The part about the ribs really had me goin..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 10 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

This is a combination between me & StyleZ edited for your reading pleasure

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 8 2009, 08:37 AM) *

Round 1:
Calzaghe comes out fast. Blasting Toney against the corner. No feeling out process for Calzaghe in this one. Great counter right hand stops Calzaghe in his tracks. Calzaghe fights back. Non stop action as the exchange in the middle of the ring.

Round 2:
Calzaghe comes out firing away. Toney starts to make Calzaghe look real foolish in there. WHOA... Counter right hand lands flush on Calzaghe's Jaw. Calzaghe is stunned but he continues to fight back. OOHHHH.... WICKED right hand lands for Toney. Toney is making Calzaghe look like a child in there. BIG ROund for Toney.

Round 3:
MOre of the same... Calzaghe missling wild shots and Toney Cracking Calzaghe's Jaw with his right hand. Calzaghe backs Toney up against the corner and let his hands fly. No shots land. Toney yells something at Calzaghe and motions him to bring it on. WHOA... Hard right hand lands for Toney. Calzaghe seems hurt but he continues to fight back.

Round 4:
Calzaghe comes out stalking. Toney bounces a left hook off Calzaghe's head. Calzaghe pins Toney against the corner and let his hands go. Shot ARE landing. Toney seems to be dazed a little. Toney pushes Calzaghe away. Good bodyshot lands for Calzaghe. Toney retreats.... Calzaghe is all over Toney. Toney is in trouble... Bell Rings. BIG round for Calzaghe.

Round 5:
SLow round... Calzghe jabs as Toney reserves himself. WHOA Left hand clobbers Calzaghe and he's hurt but he continues to fight. Toney let's him off the hook and now Calzaghe is on the attack. JAB JAB... Calzaghe has found a home for his jab. Slow Round

Round 6
Toney come out agressive. Calzaghe misses a wild hook and pays the price. Big right Hand lands for Toney. Nasty body shots land for Toney. Calzaghe returns fire but Nobody's home. Toney stalking Joe now. digs a left hand to the rib cage. Calzaghe is hurt. Toney walks him down and lands a right hand. Good round for Toney

Round 7
More of the same. Calzghe throwing punches but not landing. Toney making him pay. BRUTAL uppercut lands for TOney. Calzaghe showing a lot of heart in there. Calzaghe flurries but nothing lands. Toney not doing much. Calzaghe continues to throw. Pins Toney against the corner... NICE combination to the body.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:41 AM