IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it fair Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) is getting a title shot in his second pro bout?
mrchitown
post Jan 19 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 19 2014, 02:52 AM) *
Y'all are trippin. I guess I've been gone too long. Lomanchenko is a two time gold medalist. He stopped a very solid fighter in his first fight as a pro. He's going to be Salido as well. He's the real deal.

Rican please, he could very well be the real deal but after one pro fight you anointing this guy? Nah, I need to see more. I wasn't sold on Thurman but he's got me hooked now because he has improved each time out. I can't crown a dude who had success in the ams because this ain't the ams, this the big boy league

I think many of us here believe Lomanchenko can win but if Salido can weather the early on slaught then Vasyl will be in trouble most likely. He still don't deserve no title shot I'm his 2nd fight, IDGAF what you say. He's not that's good and you know it, to deserve that...and Rigo beats his ass everyday of the week and 3x on Sunday. I already see fear in him and his team in regards to a fight with Rigo

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 19 2014, 11:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 20 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 19 2014, 07:56 AM) *
I get all that Professor, one gold medal yet alone is hard to get, but two is special, but it's still seems kind of rushed to me. This is the pro's and even though your fighting everybody whose everybody in the Olympics, the pro's don't have headgear (headgear rule changed for 2016), gloves, rounds, or even the scoring system. He stopped a solid opponent in his debut, but how does the scream title shot automatically? He was taking shots too. If u were training a fighter with his backround and pedigree, u wouldn't wanna atlease get him 10 pro fights or atlease see how he looks going a 10-12 round distance before giving him a crash coarse lesson at a title? With all the glory he had in the armature's/Olympics, he still has some question marks on his head with me on a pro level.

The headgear really hampers you IMO. As for the gloves...there is only a 2oz difference. Them shits hurt regardless. He has subtle defense and doesn't get hit as much as ppl think...kind of like GGG. I'll also add that he competed in the WSB so technically that was his 7th fight without a headgear in the pro ranks.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 20 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 19 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Rican please, he could very well be the real deal but after one pro fight you anointing this guy? Nah, I need to see more. I wasn't sold on Thurman but he's got me hooked now because he has improved each time out. I can't crown a dude who had success in the ams because this ain't the ams, this the big boy league

I think many of us here believe Lomanchenko can win but if Salido can weather the early on slaught then Vasyl will be in trouble most likely. He still don't deserve no title shot I'm his 2nd fight, IDGAF what you say. He's not that's good and you know it, to deserve that...and Rigo beats his ass everyday of the week and 3x on Sunday. I already see fear in him and his team in regards to a fight with Rigo

I've been sold on Thurman. I don't need to see a guy 20 times before I know he has skills or not. Again...he fought 6 fights without headgear in the WSB. His pro debut under toprank was his 7th without a headgear. He is a 2 time gold medalist. They are rare in boxing. He ha aligned himself with a powerful promoter. it doesn't matter if we think he is ready or not...he's getting his shot. When he beats Salido easily come back and talk to me.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 20 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think he might end up liek juanma lopez.....well see, he ould be a very nice addition to top rank though, because mikey and nonito are right there to fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 20 2014, 04:58 PM) *
I've been sold on Thurman. I don't need to see a guy 20 times before I know he has skills or not. Again...he fought 6 fights without headgear in the WSB. His pro debut under toprank was his 7th without a headgear. He is a 2 time gold medalist. They are rare in boxing. He ha aligned himself with a powerful promoter. it doesn't matter if we think he is ready or not...he's getting his shot. When he beats Salido easily come back and talk to me.

Maaybe that's the problem, too many gimme's being handed out to those who haven't earned it. I'll let you pom pom and pull your skirt up for the guy, I'm not built like that.

Don't be so quick to write Salido off, I expect more from someone who calls them self a professor. Lomanchenko isn't as good as you make him out to be. This ain't the Olympics and who the fuck follows that WSB shit? I stated that he could beat Salido but if that fight goes into the later rounds it could interesting. I guess you were impressed with his pro debut, and I mean his REAL pro debut?

Let's say he does win, I think GRJ is a mandatory for that belt and another one as well, I don't even think he could beat Gary. When he does something of substance to warrant this cheer leading then you can come back and talk to me

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:40 AM