IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrian Broner Suspended by WBC for Racist Comments (Credit-Bleacher Report)
mgrover
post May 8 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 8 2014, 09:29 PM) *
Btw jim gray needs to stfu, if I pay 70+$$$ for a fight I wanna hear what a fighter has to say no matter how stupid, vulgar, or racist it may be. Let the fighter suffer the consequences after dont try to play the hall monitor.

you just payed $70++ for a "sparring session". I don't know what business the Broner fight had being on that card tbh, or atleast vs Molina.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 10:51 AM) *
He has said that at least 4 times, but I think the stinger was the, "I just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican". It just didn't look good...seemed real unsportsmanlike, but that's about it.

I just feel that the term "racist" has been thrown around waaaay too much, and used loosely. I believe it's one of those terms that people use, in place of admitting that "their feelings are hurt"...to avoid ridicule.

Just like the word "classic" has been used waaaay too loosely in the hip-hop community. At the end of the day, it's subjective (in most cases), and it's one of those things that not everybody is gonna be pleased with, regardless of the disciplinary outcome. Some people cry racism, when racist things aren't even said, it's usually a new policy or whatnot, that's being set in place. At that point, when some people feel that they can't advance (amidst of the new changes), they'll swear that it was designed to "hold them back", which also equates to "racism" in their eyes.

As most would agree, Broner is a jerk, but I can only commend him for not going as far as saying something about the gay/lesbian/TG community...nooooobody would wanna hear them pissing & moaning about the stuff they pick and choose to cry about.

That's my issue with it, why wasn't it racist before but now it's racist? He was playing on the Can aspect, like Afri-Can, Mexi-Can and so forth. I don't think it's suspension worthy but liek I said the WBC should take a look in the mirror before they call anyone racist. We all know who they want their belts to go to.

But on the other hand, Broner just doesn't know when to let up, he's going to end up in deeper troubles in and outside the ring if he doesn't get it together

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 8 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #23

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

bottom line, his schtick is wack and needed a slap... while I didn't find it to be racist, I did find it uncalled for on a Mexican holiday in front of the exact same fans you will be looking for support from in the future

"I just beat the EF outta a Molina" --- Broner re-mix (even though his performance was meh)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 8 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2014, 07:44 PM) *
you just payed $70++ for a "sparring session". I don't know what business the Broner fight had being on that card tbh, or atleast vs Molina.

either way, boxers are entertainers. Jim seems to be trying to overshadow them, let the motherfuckers speak for god sake. I dont dont give a fuck what jim wants to hear or not hear. Dude is turning into Larry merchant

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 11 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 9 2014, 04:27 AM) *
either way, boxers are entertainers. Jim seems to be trying to overshadow them, let the motherfuckers speak for god sake. I dont dont give a fuck what jim wants to hear or not hear. Dude is turning into Larry merchant

I suppose Jim Gray is trying to keep his network respectable.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 11 2014, 10:07 AM) *

I can agree to an extent, and guys like Broner need to be censored to a degree. However, this is premium TV...something that we pay extra money, monthly. Boxing comes on when? Over here, it starts between 9 and 10 pm...nobody but adults need to be up watching tv...put the kiddos to sleep.

On top of that, if we're paying $75 for a PPV, I wanna hear what everybody has to say, regardless of what Gray wants to hear, or the fact that he's trying to keep the network respectable. At one point, Showtime was VERY respectable...with low ratings. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 13 2014, 12:45 AM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 11 2014, 09:07 AM) *

What? You must not be familiar with Jim Gray lol. This is the guy who tried to embarrass Pete Rose, this is the guy who sucks off Kobe and defended him when he was bitching and moaning about Shaq instead of admitting he couldn't get the p*ssy wet so he caught a rape charge. This is the guy who got remove from golf coverage because of a confrontation, like he's a fucking 2yr old...Gray isn't protecting his network cuz he don't have one lol, and he wasn't protecting Showtime either, he was just being a journalist which is usually along the lines of being a prick. There's no differed between him and Broner. Look into his past and it's obvious

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 13 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 13 2014, 06:45 AM) *
What? You must not be familiar with Jim Gray lol. This is the guy who tried to embarrass Pete Rose, this is the guy who sucks off Kobe and defended him when he was bitching and moaning about Shaq instead of admitting he couldn't get the p*ssy wet so he caught a rape charge. This is the guy who got remove from golf coverage because of a confrontation, like he's a fucking 2yr old...Gray isn't protecting his network cuz he don't have one lol, and he wasn't protecting Showtime either, he was just being a journalist which is usually along the lines of being a prick. There's no differed between him and Broner. Look into his past and it's obvious

We don't really have showtime here so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 14 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 13 2014, 08:42 AM) *
We don't really have showtime here so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Damn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 18 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

what he said was not racist...but i blame hbo. they created the monster. they lead him to believe his bullshit is marketable. it's not. i didn't watch his fight. i have no interest in seeing him fight unless he rematches maidana.

i have more problem with him letting his mom live in the hood while he's flushing money down the toilet than what he said. eating stripper coochie was kind of foul...but i didn't watch that shit. lol. he's a clown. i'm waiting to see him do something impressive in the ring. until then...wgara.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:06 PM