IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> new rocky movie???, this captures how i feel about it...
BigFightFan
post Jul 25 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

All the rocky movies were good except the last one with Antonio Tarver.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 25 2013, 05:27 PM) *
I don't see how anyone could be a fan of boxing and not love the Rocky series, for better or worse it brought attention and new fans to the sport. I like the actor whose supposed to be playing the lead character. I'm definitely checking it out

And speaking of dude, get yall assessment out and go see Fruitvale station you sellouts lol

Watching the Rocky movies nowadays, reveals all of the bad acting and unrealistic expectations of how a real boxing match is supposed to go, but they decent. I wont lie and sit here and say that I change the channel when I see a Rocky movie on. Lol

Lmao at the "sellouts" part...too funny! For some reason, I ALWAYS laugh when I hear somebody call a person (people) a sellout! It's usually said with strife, truth, and a nasty facial expression. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 25 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I liked the one with Oscar and Shane. That shit was funny.

[/b]
No one expected an Englishman to talk that amount of shit and sound good doing it. It was good. I was dying laughing when Hatton was clowning Mayweather's pad work. It was great. But in the end he paid dearly for it. Gotta love British fans and Hatton!

I heard that is an excellent Movie! I wait until it comes out on Nextflix.

It was very entertaining and Hatton stood his ground and he stood his ground in the fight as well but Mayweather just showed how great he really is. I'm never going to forget that fight, that was the first Mayweather fight I went to and it was very memorable

I'm going to go check it out, crazy that it dropped the same day as the jury deliberations of the Zimmerman trial

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 25 2013, 05:23 PM) *
All the rocky movies were good except the last one with Antonio Tarver.

I actually liked that one, didn't care for the one with Tommy Gunn though

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 06:24 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 05:29 PM) *
Watching the Rocky movies nowadays, reveals all of the bad acting and unrealistic expectations of how a real boxing match is supposed to go, but they decent. I wont lie and sit here and say that I change the channel when I see a Rocky movie on. Lol

Lmao at the "sellouts" part...too funny! For some reason, I ALWAYS laugh when I hear somebody call a person (people) a sellout! It's usually said with strife, truth, and a nasty facial expression. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lol so true, when I see people call others sellouts the look they give is nothing short of a death stare, like they want you to know how serious they really are lol.

I can tolerate the Rocky movies, but looking back the acting in Stallone's part was comical. The fight scenes actually got better each movie but common sense tells us that a fight gets stopped if it resembles the mess in a Rocky movie. Where u can see a negative impact from the series us with fans, some of the fools actually believe a fight should be that way

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 05:16 PM) *
boxing is not ruined...nor has it ever been.

the Rocky saga really contributed nothing to boxing. all he did was take real life stories and turned them into a crappy series of movies that is a caricature of the real deal. he owes ali...he owes wepner....he owes frazier!!! it's fraziers statue that should be up in philly!!! not lame ass sylvester stallone. if anything...he helped fighters become more brain damaged with his bullshit.

I think it brought in fans so i won't say it contributed nothing. But it did and / or does have a negative influence on fans because some believe boxing should be that way

When they gave him that statue I felt that was huge disrespect to Smokin Joe

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 25 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 06:16 PM) *
boxing is not ruined...nor has it ever been.

the Rocky saga really contributed nothing to boxing. all he did was take real life stories and turned them into a crappy series of movies that is a caricature of the real deal. he owes ali...he owes wepner....he owes frazier!!! it's fraziers statue that should be up in philly!!! not lame ass sylvester stallone. if anything...he helped fighters become more brain damaged with his bullshit.

sly stallone literally stole wepners whole fuckin life story. wepner fought andre the giant, and rocky fights hulk hogan in the movie. he stole so much from that guys life its crazy. theres an espn documentary i think about it all.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 06:27 PM) *
sly stallone literally stole wepners whole fuckin life story. wepner fought andre the giant, and rocky fights hulk hogan in the movie. he stole so much from that guys life its crazy. theres an espn documentary i think about it all.

The real Rocky on that 30 for 30. I still want to know how much Wepner got from him, what ever it was it wasn't enough, he made an life for himself and many others off then back of this man and he wouldn't have even extended his hand if the courts hadn't of made him do it

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 25 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Speaking of Stallone movies, anybody read that Victor Ortiz is gonna be in Expendables 3. Not to many fighters careers can flourish after being Ko'd twice in a row, but Ortiz is curving that notion.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/victor-ortiz-cas...ng-career/16642

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jul 25 2013, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 25 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 25 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Speaking of Stallone movies, anybody read that Victor Ortiz is gonna be in Expendables 3. Not to many fighters careers can flourish after being Ko'd twice in a row, but Ortiz is curving that notion.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/victor-ortiz-cas...ng-career/16642

I saw that, I think Rhonda Rousey is going to be in there too

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:37 AM