> Adrien Broner About Billions Season 2, ...yeah
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 14 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I wasn't talking about when May was making racist comments towards Manny, I am talking about when he actually made sense what he was saying about Manny. Supposedly he was responding to his fans that were making racists comments towards him. Two wrongs do no make a right. He should of taken the higher road.

He should've but the point is he does things in poor taste at times, and he's old enough to know better. Sure Floyd is maturing and that's a good sign, I believe Schafer and Hopkins have done some telling interviews about Broner since last week. Thy both seem to be tired of his antics and Schafer even said he's over the top with his act. If he can balance it out and be entertaining then he'll be fine but flushing money down the toilet and kicking on stripper is just too much. I can't get with that, he's only 23 but he's a pro athlete so he needs to nature alot faster then a regular 23yr old

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Aug 14 2013, 11:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 14 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Looking at broner future there are 2 options.

zab judah or floyd mayweather

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 14 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

I agree Hotsauce

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 15 2013, 05:46 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 14 2013, 09:14 PM) *
He should've but the point is he does things in poor taste at times, and he's old enough to know better. Sure Floyd is maturing and that's a good sign, I believe Schafer and Hopkins have done some telling interviews about Broner since last week. Thy both seem to be tired of his antics and Schafer even said he's over the top with his act. If he can balance it out and be entertaining then he'll be fine but flushing money down the toilet and kicking on stripper is just too much. I can't get with that, he's only 23 but he's a pro athlete so he needs to nature alot faster then a regular 23yr old

I agree with everything you posted especially the last part of your post. There a lot of young boxers who carry themselves with much higher class and regard: Mares, Canelo, Charlo Twins, Gary Russell Jr, The 21 year old boxer Gonzalez, Thurman, Garcia, Peterson, Wilder is a young fighter. Even at 23 Mayweather was pretty reserved

Broner should balance his act, you are right. People sometimes want to see the real you. AND NO ONE WEARS GOLD CHAINS ANYMORE! All the bullshit Broner has done has gotten a negative reaction, but a reaction nevertheless, I hope his handlers pull him back a bit. A great talent Broner is, but Talent only gets you halfway there.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 14 2013, 09:30 PM) *
Looking at broner future there are 2 options.

zab judah or floyd mayweather

Very nice! Good call on that one. I agree bro. Broner can go either side. I hope Golden Boy is talking to him, or even Al Haymon.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 15 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 14 2013, 08:06 PM) *
If Broner is the future then Boxing is in bad shape indeed lol. compared to the other up and comers Rigondeaux, Gary Russell jr, Charlo twins, Thurman, Toka Kahn (some kid from here in Rhode Island), Broner does seem to get the most recognition. But i can't say he's the future of boxing because i think he will lose before Mayweather retires. He'll get it by Thurman, Canelo after he loses to Mayweather, Matthysse will knock him down if he doesnt win because of judges. Those are 3 very possible fights that can be done before Mayweather retires. Idk unless he somehow turns it around and gets focused then i dont see him running the game.

I think Rigondeaux should be leading the pack but he messed up signing with Top Rank. He's too good for his own good. Gary russell will be a no name until he goes up against someone with a name. The Charlo twins will be up there but i think the one with the shorter hair is better, the one with the longer hair was getting worked by Bernard Hopkins's nephew in his last fight. Thurman i think will beat Broner when they meet if they do, Thurman got my respect in his last fight, he isn't as cocky and foolish as i thought he was, he actually has skills and can adjust to keep getting better. Toka kahn is some kid from here in RI who asked my current girl now out when they were in elementary school, dude is like a mini mike tyson, he is signed with top rank, he'll be racking up his KO's and get recognition soon. He's actually pretty good, young but very dedicated to the sport and it shows.

And yeah Child support is a killer, my Father still pays my mom for it now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...But i seen how he doesnt take care of his mother, shame.. no judgement but just observing

It's worse then him out there yall just don't know it. I think yall making me a bigger fan of his then I really am, lol. I think he along with some of the guys you mentioned are the future. I rock with one time but the more Broner settles into welter the less likely I see him besting Adrien. I see special abilities in Adrien I just see a champion in Thurman. Broner needs to stay away from Canelo and I don't know if Matthyse beats him. He took l's to Zab and Devon, he's no machine. He just another fighter who was matched properly after those losses

Tell your pops I will only bill him $65 an hour to get out of that lol. Child support kills man lol. In never heard of him not taking care of his mom's hut that makes sense because I only see him with his father. I hope there not on the outs, a man needs his mother

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 15 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 15 2013, 05:46 AM) *
I agree with everything you posted especially the last part of your post. There a lot of young boxers who carry themselves with much higher class and regard: Mares, Canelo, Charlo Twins, Gary Russell Jr, The 21 year old boxer Gonzalez, Thurman, Garcia, Peterson, Wilder is a young fighter. Even at 23 Mayweather was pretty reserved

Broner should balance his act, you are right. People sometimes want to see the real you. AND NO ONE WEARS GOLD CHAINS ANYMORE! All the bullshit Broner has done has gotten a negative reaction, but a reaction nevertheless, I hope his handlers pull him back a bit. A great talent Broner is, but Talent only gets you halfway there.

Very nice! Good call on that one. I agree bro. Broner can go either side. I hope Golden Boy is talking to him, or even Al Haymon.

I'm a big mares fan. Broner could take notes from some of these fighters especially Russell Jr because he talks some trash but he doesn't push the envelope the way Adrien does. It seems like he watched boxing and decided to be a circus act but times a thousand. He'll humble himself or he will get humbled inside that squared circle

+Quote Post
truth
post Aug 15 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #37

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

Broner has talent but he lacks discipline i dont see him going through his career without a L in fact i think it would help him he would become more focused as far as thurman goes im not sold on either one yet. But between the two i think he has the most potential because he wants to be great and will continue to hone his craft broner think he's great already which is why i feel if he doesnt get serious just like it was already said he will be a gate keeper like zab or berto

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Aug 16 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #38

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

It's like I'm watching the degradation of society in front of my own eyes.

Adrien Broner represents this whole YOLO / Swag / skinny jeans / aimless / lost half a fag generation that is going on right now.

Does he have extreme talent ? Absolutely.

But that's the thing. He ain't really about that boxing life.

This kid wants to be Floyd, but doesn't have the discipline to even get on that path.

It doesn't work out in the end. We done seen it before with Tyson, Prince Naseem and so many other great fighters.

It's not enough to just get into the gym and train. You have to be about that warrior lifestyle. You can't be drinking, smoking or even fucking around with too many bitches.

You need to have a single-minded dedication towards being at your physical peak almost every day. Even when Floyd is on vacation, the guy is training and thinking about boxing. Same with guys like Terrell Owens. That dude is 40 and ain't even in the league no more, but he's more chiseled than half the dudes in the NFL.

Is it possible to be an extremely successful athlete with little regard to training or preparation ? Absolutely. 2 famous examples are Lawrence Taylor and Deion Sanders.

Having said that, those 2 are the kinds of once-in-a-lifetime type talents that are just a cut above everyone else. Them motherfuckers can stay doing whatever and still whoop everybody's ass.

Broner is not that kind of a talent. Hell, even Floyd isn't (strictly speaking, athletically). Boxing is also a completely different animal. One significant error and you can be waking up in the hospital.

I just hate it because young people will look up to Broner, but he ain't about shit.

How you 24 years old and already got 5 kids by multiple hoes ? How you in the strip club eating diseased pussy on Worldstar ? How you tryna be a "rapper", but your rap shit is worse than Trinidad James (and that's really saying something) ? How you riding around smoking and drinking and you talmbout "I'm about to be the greatest ever !"

This is that bullshit. I'm calling it right now. He's going to take an L and it may happen very soon.

Yeah motherfucker. You're "about billions" but you ain't about that boxing life.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Aug 17 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #39

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 17 2013, 12:38 AM) *

Adrien Broner represents this whole YOLO / Swag / skinny jeans / aimless / lost half a fag generation that is going on right now.

This kid wants to be Floyd, but doesn't have the discipline to even get on that path.

It doesn't work out in the end. We done seen it before with Tyson, Prince Naseem and so many other great fighters.

It's not enough to just get into the gym and train. You have to be about that warrior lifestyle. You can't be drinking, smoking or even fucking around with too many bitches.

You need to have a single-minded dedication towards being at your physical peak almost every day. Even when Floyd is on vacation, the guy is training and thinking about boxing. Same with guys like Terrell Owens. That dude is 40 and ain't even in the league no more, but he's more chiseled than half the dudes in the NFL.

Is it possible to be an extremely successful athlete with little regard to training or preparation ? Absolutely. 2 famous examples are Lawrence Taylor and Deion Sanders.

Having said that, those 2 are the kinds of once-in-a-lifetime type talents that are just a cut above everyone else. Them motherfuckers can stay doing whatever and still whoop everybody's ass.

Broner is not that kind of a talent. Hell, even Floyd isn't (strictly speaking, athletically). Boxing is also a completely different animal. One significant error and you can be waking up in the hospital.

I just hate it because young people will look up to Broner, but he ain't about shit.

How you 24 years old and already got 5 kids by multiple hoes ? How you in the strip club eating diseased pussy on Worldstar ? How you tryna be a "rapper", but your rap shit is worse than Trinidad James (and that's really saying something) ? How you riding around smoking and drinking and you talmbout "I'm about to be the greatest ever !"

This is that bullshit. I'm calling it right now. He's going to take an L and it may happen very soon.

Yeah motherfucker. You're "about billions" but you ain't about that boxing life.

That's all that i been tryna say!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 17 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 16 2013, 08:38 PM) *

^^^ THREAD. watch it, some may call you a hater for actually speaking the truth. Shit is so true. I call that cat a Section 8 mentality type of dude.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:56 PM