IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there some type of double standard??, Express yourself please!!
checkleft
post Mar 29 2013, 12:43 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 29 2013, 12:14 AM) *
Meh one guy is clearly seeking attention, the other made a mistake. Like I said before people are biased against RG for his Jesus comments

I'm actually questioning his intelligence more than anything. He said he knew he brought the gun, that's why he showed it to them. He's in NY with a empty gun not registered in that state at an airport of all places, he was asking for trouble

This post has been edited by checkleft: Mar 29 2013, 12:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 29 2013, 01:42 AM
Post #22

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 11:39 PM) *
Yeah, I'm not sure why (other than Christ simply telling us what is sin) more and more it seems people are hating on Jesus. Robert Guerrero obviously has to do things better do if he wants to walk in the ways of the Lord because he's setting a bad example for Christianity if he allows his mouth and things like this to define him.

Brut, I'm a Christian. I don't believe people are hating Jesus more and more...but the misrepresentation of Christianity (with the judgementalness and arrogance) by so-called Christians is turning many people off. And that's sad. Because Jesus (even from just a historical perspective) was pure awesomeness!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Robert Guerrero has an awkward approach to his Christianity from my perspective. I don't know him personally, so I can't say what's in his heart. But frankly, I cringe every time he mentions God...because his approach is not biblically sound and he comes across like a jerk and I'm more than aware that this makes Christianity a target for ridicule and that's the exact opposite of what a Chrisitian should want -- we should fall back so all that others see is our Christ-like behavior.

But when Robert speaks of God...it's just self-motivated and misguided. And now all of his proclamations of God using him to humble Mayweather have quickly come back to bite him in the butt. And now he's being humbled. He could face serious jail-time.

There is certainly a double-standard in the media. It is often race and mostly money driven (which sometimes is one and the same). Manny Pac for years gambled every dime he earned, cheated on his wife multiple times (publicly and without regard for her feelings or that of his children). He fathered (at least one confirmed but another alledged) children outside of his marriage, and amassed what could only be considered a small army of "security personnel" (40+) and some over 300 automatic weapons. And yet the American press continued to present him as saint and savior, humble and innocent, despite the glaring truth.

Here's the real of things. Everyone in the public eye is on stage, playing minor roles that are scripted and calculated and not indicative of who they are. And unless we know them personally....we don't know them at all. So this notion of giving RG is pass and making assumptions about his character because his portrayal of himself is that of "wholesome" but demonizing the likes of Broner because his portrayal of himself is less than wholesome...it just doesn't wash. (For the record, I think Adrien Broner seems well out of control and I wish he would choose a better image for himself. His public persona grieves me and the fast track anointing HBO, GBP, Media and some fans have given him as heir apparent is undeserved, IMO. Not that he isn't supremely talented, but he hasn't earned anything yet).

Bottom line, I like to read between all lines. And if you peer past Golden Boy and Robert G's PR machine, you'll see some shadiness and some things that just dont quite add up, despite his religious proclaimations.

The question of the moment for me is: why was this man carrying a semi-automatic weapon and 15 round clips from state to state anyway? Was it for protection? And who or what is he afraid of? If that's not worthy of at least pondering, then I don't know...

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 29 2013, 01:59 AM
Post #23

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Meh one guy is clearly seeking attention, the other made a mistake. Like I said before people are biased against RG for his Jesus comments

Both men made mistakes. One (Broner) made the mistake of being drunk off of liquor and fame and took things to the extreme. The other man (Guerrero) while seemingly sober, has certainly seemed drunk off of new found fame and he also took things to the extreme.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 29 2013, 12:43 AM) *
I'm actually questioning his intelligence more than anything. He said he knew he brought the gun, that's why he showed it to them. He's in NY with a empty gun not registered in that state at an airport of all places, he was asking for trouble

I don't think it's a lapse in intelligence, Check. I think it's hubris fueling lapses in judgement. RG and crew have been too high on this new found attention. I watched a video recently of him and his crew, and you could see the giddiness and arrogance all over them (sparked by his pops). And I thought to myself, these guys are so green. They're out of their league and dont even know it.

What's interesting is Robert criticized Victor Ortiz's mental fortitude and suggested that Victor let the bright lights get to him and fell apart. I think Robert himself has fallen victim to the lights and the cameras as well. Lets see if he can pull himself together before May 4th comes a knocking.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 29 2013, 07:42 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 29 2013, 02:59 AM) *
Both men made mistakes. One (Broner) made the mistake of being drunk off of liquor and fame and took things to the extreme. The other man (Guerrero) while seemingly sober, has certainly seemed drunk off of new found fame and he also took things to the extreme.

I don't think it's a lapse in intelligence, Check. I think it's hubris fueling lapses in judgement. RG and crew have been too high on this new found attention. I watched a video recently of him and his crew, and you could see the giddiness and arrogance all over them (sparked by his pops). And I thought to myself, these guys are so green. They're out of their league and dont even know it.

What's interesting is Robert criticized Victor Ortiz's mental fortitude and suggested that Victor let the bright lights get to him and fell apart. I think Robert himself has fallen victim to the lights and the cameras as well. Lets see if he can pull himself together before May 4th comes a knocking.

In my mind I was making the same comparison to victor ortiz! Lol

I like how you put it with regards to him expressing his Christianity. I have no problem with people expressing their religion, but Robert just seems to be making more of a mockery of it. Tebow never tried to shove his religion down our throats, Ali didn't really either, same goes for jimmer (as a kings fan I hate him for many other reasons). With Robert it just seems like hes been trying to sell everything he can just a little too much ever since he came back from surgery (his wifes story, Christianity, beating nobodies).

And his crew has always been nothing but arrogant and act like wanna-be bay area cholos. When the story about the gun came out I thought it was someone from his entourage carrying the piece.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 29 2013, 07:53 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 08:41 PM) *
Yo D...your credibility is dying a slow death as we speak!

If you did all of that, then admit to some of it, and cover up the rest of it...standard procedure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I fell in love with a "dancer" there I said it!

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 09:39 PM) *
Yeah, I'm not sure why (other than Christ simply telling us what is sin) more and more it seems people are hating on Jesus. Robert Guerrero obviously has to do things better do if he wants to walk in the ways of the Lord because he's setting a bad example for Christianity if he allows his mouth and things like this to define him.

I don't think people hate Jesus, I actually think Jesus was smart but not in an arrogant way and down to earth guy. Hung with the thugs, preached to the hookers and chilled with the poor and yet still kept it real with them as well as himself. Plus he put the so called Jewish leaders in their place and he worked with his hands, I dig that.

Guerrero made the mistake of saying he was better than Floyd and that God sent him to humble him. Then he pointed out all of Mayweather's run in with the law and the fact he went to prison blah blah, now the tables have turned. When you wear God on your chest the way he does you better walk that lone straight because this is the backlash you will get. Plus Jesus never carried a gun or sword.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 29 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Any thought on why you believe this is so???

Well some might point to race as the reason but I'd point to culture. It's not just that Broner is a black man. He's a black nigger. He's what racists expect out of black people. He makes money, he flaunts it, he appears to spend it frivolously, he appears obnoxious, he seems to have a polarizing charisma and he hasn't been "humbled" yet. You see, most people don't know all races can be niggers. Long before nigger became a term designated to describe oppressed black people, it meant ignorant. American media has this sick fascination with wanting to humble people. They don't want you to get too high. They have to knock you off that pedestal. We saw it happen with Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, Michael Vick etc. All of them were polarizing figures in their respective sports and all of them had nigger moments. It's not just about being on top of your game but being too well received. American media wants to tell you when, why, adn how much you can like someone. The powers at be are looking around like "alright nigger...that's enough." One Floyd Mayweather is enough. They can label him the villan, say he's ducked every fighter they can come up with, and try to diminish his credibility and historic career. TWO Floyd Mayweathers, one in which will be armed with the tricks of the trade the original wasn't privy to early on in his career, is unacceptable. Lo and behold some of these fighters start learning how to market themselves. They start making money without some fat cat business man taking a percent. They start learning how to fight with defense instead of beating each other's brains in and shortening their careers for the sake of filling someone else's pockets. Their "nigger" starts rubbing off on "innocent" Justin Beibers of the world. Oh no...we can't have that. We can't have smart, technical fighting inside the ring and fair but lucrative business being handled outside the ring. We can't have fighters being championed for standing up for equality, transparency or ethics in the sport. You see it's easy to market the Spanish guy who speaks perfect English with the wife who has a feel good cancer survival story. Talented niggers who came from the ghetto...they're a dime a dozen. That story has been done.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 29 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Broner was arrested b/c some type of assault allegedly took place (someone's hand was bitten.....LOL@ "bite the hand that feeds you) and RG, foolishly, informed the airline authorities he had a firearm (which happened to be unlicensed). Crimes, like intelligence, aren't always measured the same nor should they.

Like check said, with one, I question the intelligence, the other, I question the morals (munchin' on a stripper in public? Lord knows what else he's done...lol).

Like daprof said, they're grown men, they will answer to their actions.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 29 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 29 2013, 01:42 AM) *
Brut, I'm a Christian. I don't believe people are hating Jesus more and more...but the misrepresentation of Christianity (with the judgementalness and arrogance) by so-called Christians is turning many people off. And that's sad. Because Jesus (even from just a historical perspective) was pure awesomeness!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Robert Guerrero has an awkward approach to his Christianity from my perspective. I don't know him personally, so I can't say what's in his heart. But frankly, I cringe every time he mentions God...because his approach is not biblically sound and he comes across like a jerk and I'm more than aware that this makes Christianity a target for ridicule and that's the exact opposite of what a Chrisitian should want -- we should fall back so all that others see is our Christ-like behavior.

But when Robert speaks of God...it's just self-motivated and misguided. And now all of his proclamations of God using him to humble Mayweather have quickly come back to bite him in the butt. And now he's being humbled. He could face serious jail-time.

There is certainly a double-standard in the media. It is often race and mostly money driven (which sometimes is one and the same). Manny Pac for years gambled every dime he earned, cheated on his wife multiple times (publicly and without regard for her feelings or that of his children). He fathered (at least one confirmed but another alledged) children outside of his marriage, and amassed what could only be considered a small army of "security personnel" (40+) and some over 300 automatic weapons. And yet the American press continued to present him as saint and savior, humble and innocent, despite the glaring truth.

Here's the real of things. Everyone in the public eye is on stage, playing minor roles that are scripted and calculated and not indicative of who they are. And unless we know them personally....we don't know them at all. So this notion of giving RG is pass and making assumptions about his character because his portrayal of himself is that of "wholesome" but demonizing the likes of Broner because his portrayal of himself is less than wholesome...it just doesn't wash. (For the record, I think Adrien Broner seems well out of control and I wish he would choose a better image for himself. His public persona grieves me and the fast track anointing HBO, GBP, Media and some fans have given him as heir apparent is undeserved, IMO. Not that he isn't supremely talented, but he hasn't earned anything yet).

Bottom line, I like to read between all lines. And if you peer past Golden Boy and Robert G's PR machine, you'll see some shadiness and some things that just dont quite add up, despite his religious proclaimations.

The question of the moment for me is: why was this man carrying a semi-automatic weapon and 15 round clips from state to state anyway? Was it for protection? And who or what is he afraid of? If that's not worthy of at least pondering, then I don't know...

Very well written and I agree wholeheartedly and like you, I too am a Christian man but I don't go around throwing it all up in people's grill and using myself as some sort of measuring stick against those who are carnal-minded because just like them before Jesus stepped in and saved me I too was carnal-minded and walking in darkness. That is the part of RG in that he is being a hypocrite towards himself when he execute judgment upon those who are not walking in the light by forgetting where God has brought him from.

To answer your question; I'm not sure why he carries around a gun (especially to and through an airport of all places) because did not the Lord say "No weapon formed against you shall prosper?" If RG is really the Christian man that he is purporting himself to be then trust in God's word fully and know that HE is God and you don't need to carry a gun in an airport or anywhere else for HIS angels are always camped around & about thee and they will shield and guide you by God's grace.

Hopefully the fight will go on and I pray that RG doesn't go to jail but I also pray that once he comes through all of this that he allows God to shine through him so people can see the love of Christ and not judgment.(Jesus will take care of that on Judgment Day)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 28 2013, 07:46 PM) *
As far as sports as a whole in terms of the way some athletes get treated then Yes. Rothelisberger was hemmed up with that rape shit on two separate occasions, he gets shown love all the time. But not Vick, they out here sending him death threats. Look at Mcwgwire and Bonds in baseball, it's a clear difference in terms of how their situations went down and how they're viewed

I can go on and on but in this case I've been seeing a lot of hate for Guerrero and it's mainly because of his bible thumpin. Sure Broner will get more publicity but he's more known then Guerrero. But out of the two I think Guerrero is clearly the dumbest one.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) broner has him beat by a country mile.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2013, 10:09 PM) *
The question is why does this supposed man of God need to carry a gun? No weapon can be formed against him that could hurt him and if the Lord is your sword and shield why need a gun? That is my question.

Guerrero no one has heard of and Broner is making a name for himself by being the supposed heir to the Mayweather throne... Oh by the way Broner is black and you know how they feel about young flashy black men.

*see david and goliath in the bible.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:45 AM