IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jack Dempsey - One of the baddest mothafuckas ever..., But...
BigG
post Oct 30 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I'm a HUGE Dempsey fan...but what would've happened if he fought Sam Langford? Theres very limited footage of Langford but from what I've seen, he was a counterpuncher with some power.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 31 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

You know why Dempsey didn't fight Langford? He thought Langford could floor him. I'd go with Langford in this one.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Nov 1 2010, 03:42 AM
Post #3

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

This one is for Blaze if he is still around.

Dempsey vs Holyfield at cruiser?

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 1 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

"Iron" Hague, a relative of mine and former British heavyweight champion, got knocked out in 4 rounds by Sam Langford. My Grand-dad, a massive Dempsey fan reckons, Langford would have took Jack. That's all I know.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 1 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #5

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 31 2010, 09:56 PM) *
You know why Dempsey didn't fight Langford? He thought Langford could floor him. I'd go with Langford in this one.

Damn,I had a pretty long post but on accident clicked out of it..Dempsey over Langford..Dempsey thought he was going to die again Willard and he whooped Willard bad and almost killed him..Doesn't mean shit if Dempsey thought he'd lose..It made him more of a savage when he thought it was gonna be a rough night..

Dempsey/Holy would be insane..The big question would be how would Holy's insane chin and body hold up against Dempsey's bone crunching punches..One shot could leave ya marked for life from Dempsey..I can't decided who I'd pick..I could see Holy dropping Dempsey if he was able to bring the fight into the later rounds..Yet,ya never know who is going to win when facing Dempsey..He was a lot more skilled than he was given credit for..Actually,both of them are..

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Nov 1 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

No matter how it went down, the biggest loser would be Jonnys lucky sock!

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Nov 1 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 1 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Damn,I had a pretty long post but on accident clicked out of it..Dempsey over Langford..Dempsey thought he was going to die again Willard and he whooped Willard bad and almost killed him..Doesn't mean shit if Dempsey thought he'd lose..It made him more of a savage when he thought it was gonna be a rough night..

Dempsey/Holy would be insane..The big question would be how would Holy's insane chin and body hold up against Dempsey's bone crunching punches..One shot could leave ya marked for life from Dempsey..I can't decided who I'd pick..I could see Holy dropping Dempsey if he was able to bring the fight into the later rounds..Yet,ya never know who is going to win when facing Dempsey..He was a lot more skilled than he was given credit for..Actually,both of them are..

Well he didn't fight Langford, I'm thinking that wasn't by chance. Langford had a lot of guys unwilling to fight him.

I do agree that it's hard to call Holy/Dempsey though.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Nov 8 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

At his best not many, if any, people his size beat dempsey. But they are 2 of the best so my pick is just a guess

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Nov 8 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I like to think of David Haye fighting a prime Dempsey. Then again I would like to see Haye get hurt as bad as Willard.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:06 PM