Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chris Aligeri vs. Adrien Broner, the ultimate good guy vs. bad guy match
Dolimite
post Jun 24 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

(Admin Note: Post Edited to Remove Racist Language) Good topic otherwise, please avoid racist comments when discussing this potential fight.)

Chris has a belt, the good kid wholesome all American apple pie loves his family image going. He wants to be a doctor. Blue collar work ethic. Fan friendly and a good fundamental fighter. On the other side you have the bad-ass, loud mouth, arrogant thug in Adrien Broner. This would be an exciting fight. I want to see what Broner does against a fundamentally sound fighter and how would Chris deal with a gifted fighter in Broner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 24 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I like Algeri because he's genuine. Authentic, I remember seeing him his last fight, in his mom's crib, just grinding. I could see the hunger. He is who he says he is and doesn't try to be like anyone else. Just does what he needs to do. focused and dedicated.

Broner on the other hand feels like he's trying to hard to be someone he can't be. I don't even think he knows himself, he's always tryna please other people or just do things to get attention, Alot of what he says or does as a gimick pointless. On top of that he doesn't seem to take boxing seriously.

No pun intended, but these 2 are totally black and white. I think this fight would be great, especially for the Media to gobble up and put boxing in the spotlight. It would be a true coming of age story for Algeri, getting past the Tough provodnikov and then fighting Broner? maybe even Pacquiao before or after that...pfff this dude Algeri could have be America's biggest start in no time, have a movie after him, very tv friendly. Alot of potential for Algeri, Broner on the other hand i feel already had his time, but we can only see when it happens.

I love Algeri's right hand over the top, i think that would be the punch to put Broner out....If Algeri wasn't scared to punch WITH provodnikov then I definitely see him getting the best of Broner too, punching With him or Countering.......Algeri showed Heart beyond a measurement against Prov, too much respect for that dude.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 24 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The build up would be huge and would be a great fight to see! I would pick Aligeri by UD, provided that he can out-box and work-around Broner's power.

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 24 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Algieri wins this all day. Broner would make Algeiri look like a worldbeater. Talk about taylor made. Broner will never take that fight. Last thing that midget needs is a tall, rangy guy who will keep him at the end of a jab. Algeiri would annihilate Broner. That's not saying Algeiri is some unbeatable superstar, it just says that his style is all wrong for Broner. Broner doesn't throw enough punches, simple as that. He'll stalk Algeiri for 12 rounds and get plastered by a jab all nite, all while making stupid faces, butt humping Algeiri, brushing his hair and NOT throwing punches. Losing big on the scorecards...

That said, lets get this fight done!!! Hey man, make it happen Haymon...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 24 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Broner all day. Algieri I'm, beat Ruslan , but keep it in perspective, he was on his way out early in the fight and his corner or the ref would've been well within their rights to stop the fight because his eye was badly damaged in the fight. In Broner, he faces someone whose quicker and presents a completely different set of issues then Ruslan. Plus AB is better @140. Once he finds his groove he usually opens up with combinations, Algieri fought a guy who admitted he isn't any good against movers, Ruslan and Broenr are different fighters

This all you gon see from Broner

(IMG:http://25.media.tumblr.com/58130ca05fdc0f2d7ea96aeafed6d772/tumblr_msvynp02WG1qk6zdio1_500.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 24 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

BandCamp!!!

(IMG:http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9132/h1i.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 24 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

a guy like Prod would fuck up Broner, but Broner would beat Aligeri.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 24 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 24 2014, 11:56 AM) *

You heavy into the Gifs now? I say this is a pick em fight. I would love to see it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 24 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 24 2014, 05:55 PM) *
You heavy into the Gifs now? I say this is a pick em fight. I would love to see it.

Shutup racist, any way, it is but I think styles make fights and they both have styles that could trouble the other.. If Algieri can keep Broner at the end of his jab then he can win easy but I think Broner can get inside better then Ruslan who just plows straight ahead. I know Broner has holes defensively but he's way better then Ruslan. Good fight that could happen

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jun 24 2014, 11:17 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

i would lean towards algieri. i think he's got good focus and nothing seems to faze him. even after ruslan clocked him the first time, i was surprised to see how calm and collected chris was. i also think his boxing skills beat broner's. ab has quickness, but i think chris moves on his feet and controls the ring better.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:39 PM