IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joe Louis vs Muhammad Ali(Cassius Clay era)...
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 19 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #21

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 19 2010, 04:59 PM) *
With what you described...Louis's style gets him annihilated by this ALI we are talking about... stopped with a barrage of viscious flurries after being dropped a few times by right hands as ALI is on the move

Ali was dropped by Cooper during this CC era..Louis was the most accurate HW ever and his power was among the best..Why do ya think pretty much everyone he faced was scared to fight him??Max Baer was pretty much forced into the ring with him by Jack Dempsey..Louis broke Buddy Baer's ankle by hitting him with a right hand..

Go back and watch some film..I don't see Lous going down by arm punches by Ali while he's on the move..If Ali put weight into a shot,maybe it'd put him down..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Aug 19 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Ali would bedazzle the flatfooted barrow and even moving backwards could take down Louis... Ali had good power and he would have no problem head hunting the face fighting one dimensional mr barrow... Yes Ali got caught by Cooper and it could happen against Louis yet and still Ali would prevail. He is greater. I see hinm blowing Louis away within 6... maybe the towel would be thrown in to spare the punishment and humiliation... ken norton Louis KO's him.. as he does Frazier.. Ali and Foreman both in the young ages destroy Joe Louis Barrow.. Larry Holmes would be touched enough by Joe to be vulnerable. Joe would get past those man tits and left jab...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 22 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 20 2010, 12:12 AM) *
Ali would bedazzle the flatfooted barrow and even moving backwards could take down Louis... Ali had good power and he would have no problem head hunting the face fighting one dimensional mr barrow... Yes Ali got caught by Cooper and it could happen against Louis yet and still Ali would prevail. He is greater. I see hinm blowing Louis away within 6... maybe the towel would be thrown in to spare the punishment and humiliation... ken norton Louis KO's him.. as he does Frazier.. Ali and Foreman both in the young ages destroy Joe Louis Barrow.. Larry Holmes would be touched enough by Joe to be vulnerable. Joe would get past those man tits and left jab...

I don't see it being a blow out by either fighter, it's a tough match up: the best textbook fighter and the best unorthodox fighter. I do think Louis would beat the other fighters you listed though.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 23 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #24

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 19 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Flatfooted??Dude you need to go back and watch some film.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Louis would always move on the ball of his foot..Watch his heels,they come up while he moves but the front part of his foot stays down.He'd slide which is how he was able to move in and away from some guys without them seeing the movement until he was on em..Louis also was able to punch full powered while moving backwards(another sign of not being flatfooted since he gets full power)..

One dimensional??No way..One dimensional guys can't make adjustments since they way they fight is all they know..Joe had a great ability to change a fight around..He also fought oppoents differently or atleast differently in the fight(aggressive,laid back,counter punching)..His accuracy,power,and jab is a deadly combo for any of his opponents..Joe had good head movement as displayed in the Max Baer fight..I see him slipping Ali's jab while moving in and coming with either a right hand or left hook that would do major damage to Ali and make Ali think twice about decisions he'd make in the fight..Joe also was able to clear his head pretty well when he'd get caught so I don't see that as a problem in the fight..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Aug 23 2010, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 24 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #25

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 20 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Wow just wow. You see him blowing Joe away within six & I see you hitting a pipe double time.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 27 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #26

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This would have to be a best of three series,

Assume all fights are the old 15-round distance.

Assume Joe had trouble with movers, Walcott, especially Conn.

Ali as Clay was a master at moving and not getting hit. and throwing out punches before opponents could see them being thrown.

Have to take Ali by unanimous decision around 9-6 , 10-5, and 8-7 in rounds.

If the Ali showed up after the layoff years like when Frazier fought him the first time and the trouble he had with Norton, I think the "Brown Bomber" could stop him late after being behind on points, (TKO 14) I would say.

Than if they do a rubber match, I would take Ali by decision again in a fight similar to the first one.

Jack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:17 AM