IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN2@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET)-Peterson vs Holt-SPOILERS, Important Information in First Post
checkleft
post Feb 23 2013, 01:17 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 02:06 AM) *
Hahaha I'm just glad I'm not the only one that saw that

As far as Peterson goes, I just read on the ring's website that Schaefer said he wants to make a Matthyse-Peterson fight and pair it with Alexander-Brook on May 18th in Washington, D.C.

Dios mio! Now that's what I'm talking about
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 23 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #52

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Anyone know where I can see a replay? I forgot all about this fight being on Friday. I was too busy watching my Knicks get beat by Toronto smh

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 23 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #53

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 23 2013, 10:30 AM) *
Anyone know where I can see a replay? I forgot all about this fight being on Friday. I was too busy watching my Knicks get beat by Toronto smh

You can see it streamed on ESPN 3. The whole card is here. You might have to start it a good hour into the telecast: Scroll down to 2/22 on the dates, it should be there.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/re.../search/boxing/

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #54

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Hahaha I'm just glad I'm not the only one that saw that

As far as Peterson goes, I just read on the ring's website that Schaefer said he wants to make a Matthyse-Peterson fight and pair it with Alexander-Brook on May 18th in Washington, D.C.

Trust me, you weren't the only one. Lol

Glad Peterson came back in an impressive fashion against a guy who could've sent him to the moon with one of those right hands at any moment of the fight. Im not sure where Holt goes from here. He always starts strong, then he gets touched up, his right eye starts swelling, and he's stuck cheesing/wincing with that chipmunk look on his face while trying to survive.

It's way too soon for a Peterson/Matthysse fight, honestly. If we look at it, regardless of the PED stuff, Peterson will always have a higher chance of landing those big fights, as opposed to Matthysse.

I like Matthysse, but he's just gonna be one of those tough dudes who can hardly land meaningful fights. He doesn't look as beatable as Maidana once did, when GBP was feeding him to guys. I can see Peterson either facing Soto or Ajose (interesting), then GBP will shoot for that Khan rematch.

I just don't see Peterson being pushed into the Garcia/Judah winner, though he feels he is ready. If GBP wants to make good on their investment, then they'll put him in semi-tough bouts to keep him champion, and make the Khan rematch. Matthysse aint no closer to a title shot, and they wont put Garcia in there with him any time soon. Honestly, a Garcia/Peterson would b a bit safer for both guys, than running into Matthysse at this point. Lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 23 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #55

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Good job, Lamont, you big dummy!! I like Holt too. Just think he lost some of his career due to inactivity. He appears to be at a level just below gatekeeper. Can he beat Zab at this point?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 01:20 PM) *
Trust me, you weren't the only one. Lol

Glad Peterson came back in an impressive fashion against a guy who could've sent him to the moon with one of those right hands at any moment of the fight. Im not sure where Holt goes from here. He always starts strong, then he gets touched up, his right eye starts swelling, and he's stuck cheesing/wincing with that chipmunk look on his face while trying to survive.

It's way too soon for a Peterson/Matthysse fight, honestly. If we look at it, regardless of the PED stuff, Peterson will always have a higher chance of landing those big fights, as opposed to Matthysse.

I like Matthysse, but he's just gonna be one of those tough dudes who can hardly land meaningful fights. He doesn't look as beatable as Maidana once did, when GBP was feeding him to guys. I can see Peterson either facing Soto or Ajose (interesting), then GBP will shoot for that Khan rematch.

I just don't see Peterson being pushed into the Garcia/Judah winner, though he feels he is ready. If GBP wants to make good on their investment, then they'll put him in semi-tough bouts to keep him champion, and make the Khan rematch. Matthysse aint no closer to a title shot, and they wont put Garcia in there with him any time soon. Honestly, a Garcia/Peterson would b a bit safer for both guys, than running into Matthysse at this point. Lol

If they make the fight between Lamont and Lucas I wouldn't be mad at all, but they do have a big angle to keep Khan and Lamont on a winning streak and that can build into another big fight for both of them between each other. IDK about Khan though, he seems hell bent on getting revenge on Garcia and I honestly don't know if he'll beat him in a rematch

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 23 2013, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:01 PM