> Mayweather /Guerrero face to face
xxxxxx
post Mar 7 2013, 03:58 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 7 2013, 03:16 AM) *
I love how everyone plays it cool during Face2Face when you can clearly see how infuriated they are. The good ol' "It ain't getting to me" in response to Floyd's trashtalking sounds pretty funny.

Although Floyd is not an academic speaker, the little, repetitive shit he actually says is always spot on. Don't know how he does it.

Robert will fold. The lights are too bright...

Exactly. The lights were too bright for Ortiz and they ARE too bright for the Ghost. This is a whole different Event than the Ghost is use to. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Ghost is scared one bit, but you don't have to be scared to get your azz kicked. Mayweather is a thinking man in the ring and slows things down...its a gift. The fight will be going too quickly for the Ghost to be at his best in there. Mayweather wins a clear decison.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Mar 7 2013, 04:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 7 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps

Never in my life did I think Guerrero would back down verbally like that!!! Let me find out this guy is a damn keyboard warrior..... LMAO
I guess that's why they call him "The Ghost"! Cuz his heart was NOWHERE to be found. He did more talking to the camera in the locker room. Slim couldn't even get his words out properly once they were face to face! Any dude that feels obligated to tell you how they aren't bothered/scared/hurt without you asking is probably faking hard! I'm sure he'll say more in the future but it looks like FMJ is already winning the mental part of this war.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Mar 7 2013, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 7 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

punks jump up to get beat down! All that shit that the Ghost was talking and when the time to act was upon him, his ass got ghost! What a limp dick dude! Couldn't get hard when it counted!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 01:49 AM) *
He been talking trash for well over a yr now. Having his team send out press releases and constantly saying he would do this and that in regards to Floyd. Then in post fight interviews he made a point to call him pretty boy and lately on twitter he's been shooting out tweets laying degrading things towards Floyd...Then all of a sudden when you finally come face to face with the man, you offer little in the one area that you initially started? When you state how you were appointed by God to win and humble someone, that's poppin big sh*t. He had little response tday

I think he got shook but when I looked at it a few more times, I think he was getting agitated and I saw him become physically defensive like he was waiting for some sh*t to pop off. Then at the end he says I'm a swinger that's just the way I am. Yeah bro? I believe you lol. He's going to make it a show for a few rds, and that's about it IMO

I believe that was his PR talking all of that nonsense and calling everybody's grandma's boyfriend's baby mama's cousin out. Hell, I remember his PR used to call the damn FH radio show every other week and brag and argue about how good Robert was, while he all died slow deaths on the phone line.

As of late, since he got back in the ring, he's simply been calling Floyd out, I dont remember him doing much trash talk in front of the camera. As you mentioned, he did look agitated and appeared to wanna throw a punch if things got a bit more heated.

I wasn't feeling his post-photoshoot comments, but it DID look like he was preparing himself for something while Floyd dogged him out. I dont know about Robert, I think he's just another guy who's truly ready to just get in the ring and throw down.

Victor Ortiz was the same way, so the added attention, pressers, interviews and such, may have been a bit tiring and got to him as the fight drew closer. If you dont have the gift of gab, like Ortiz and Guerrero, then you'll grow tired of trash talking and answering questions.

That was total mindfuck on Floyd's behalf...talking relentless shit to a guy during a photoshoot/commercial taping. Out of all places to talk shit, I think Guerrero pretty much ruled out the photoshoot...hell, I did. Lol.

During staredowns, guys share very little trash talk because Im sure that there's only so much talking that you can do when you're millimeters away from a guy. At that point, dudes are usually ready to swing...but not those dudes who are expecting their biggest payday yet, and doesn't wanna ruin it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) What a situation

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 7 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Robert looked out of his league at the face off lol. I just keep thinking this is gonna be a dud, Robert has done shit squat to get this fight. His best opponents to date are salido and katz. If Floyd is close to his old form hw is just gonna pick him apart bust him up and decision him unless Robert can't take it and gets stopped.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Robert has done shit squat to get this fight.

"Shit squat"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 7 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 6 2013, 11:35 PM) *
lmfaoo at mayweather "You gon get this, the raw dog.....I'ma give it to you just how you want it" pause. Mayweather needs to give Shotime to My school or Someone maybe streaming

Lmao "tell me how you want it!"
Those 60 days in prison was to much!
After all that shit Guerrero was talking i expected him to be going at Mayweather worse than Hatton. This n*gga ain't bout that life. By watching that stare down i can already tell how this fight will go.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

there are very few in boxing that have talk shit to the level of an art form. ali was the king of this. duran brought camacho to tears with his shit talk. tyson talked some classic shit that i still quote to this day. bhop...mayorga...james toney are all legendary with their shit talk. floyds shit talk comes off more like a nagging/annoying woman than anything. u all are on his dick like he's saying something. he's not. you all have stated robert has done nothing to earn this fight and that he is nothing special. i don't agree. you all say he's shook...i see a dude that took a stance like he was ready to fight. he strikes me as someone who would rather punch than talk. you all think he's on ortiz' level. i'm here to tell you he's more than a few levels above. this fight is not going to be easy for floyd. i am a floyd fan...don't get it twisted. i'm just not a flomo.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Seems pretty clear to me that Floyds on a mission to inform Robert of what he doesn't know...

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 7 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 03:36 PM) *
there are very few in boxing that have talk shit to the level of an art form. ali was the king of this. duran brought camacho to tears with his shit talk. tyson talked some classic shit that i still quote to this day. bhop...mayorga...james toney are all legendary with their shit talk. floyds shit talk comes off more like a nagging/annoying woman than anything. u all are on his dick like he's saying something. he's not. you all have stated robert has done nothing to earn this fight and that he is nothing special. i don't agree. you all say he's shook...i see a dude that took a stance like he was ready to fight. he strikes me as someone who would rather punch than talk. you all think he's on ortiz' level. i'm here to tell you he's more than a few levels above. this fight is not going to be easy for floyd. i am a floyd fan...don't get it twisted. i'm just not a flomo.

It's not that everyone is dick riding FMJ from my POV. Over the last 18 months whether on twitter, interviews, or victory speeches, Robert "The Ghost" Guerro has not only actively called FMJ out he's even gone as far as to talk shit. I honestly don't have an issue with that because as far as I am concerned that is just a part of boxing and is totally acceptable. But what I find unacceptable is how quiet he became once in front of the man he has been aggressively requesting for damn near 2 years! He said NOTHING and even looked a quite uncomfortable. i do believe it may be easier for him to just fight than talk and he looked liked thats what he'd rather have been doing. But the mental part of the battle is just as important in this TYpe of atmosphere. I personally feel he has earned the right to fight Mayweather and do not believe this fight will be a walk in the park for FMJ AT ALL. But you can't classify everyone (though you are right about a vast majoriTY) when we all see that "The Ghost" is acting more like Casper now...He reminded of the ghost in the castle in Super Mario Bros that don't do shit once you look at em. If he is intimidated AT ALL he's already lost. Just my thoughts.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:22 AM