IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15(ET)/7:15(PT)-Hopkins vs. Dawson II-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Franchize
post Apr 28 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #111

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

You could see the excuses coming. Before the decision, he was saying to someone ringside "they might give him the decision because they want me out of the sport." I think Bernard should fight Cloud. Either itll retire him or it will be karma for the Campillo decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 28 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #112

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 29 2012, 12:43 AM) *
You could see the excuses coming. Before the decision, he was saying to someone ringside "they might give him the decision because they want me out of the sport." I think Bernard should fight Cloud. Either itll retire him or it will be karma for the Campillo decision.

Maybe Bernard should fight Campillo.

+Quote Post
MRxHBOxHIMSELF
post Apr 28 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #113

Amateur

Member No.: 13,622

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 29 2012, 12:00 AM) *
I lost a lot of respect for Bernard. Dude you clearly lost. Give Chad his props and be a professional. Spare us the "look at my face and his" excuse. He has cuts from your blatant dirty tactics. Butts, hitting and holding, leaning on his neck...the whole arsenal.

LOL AMEN

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 29 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #114

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Watching the fight right now. Maybe I am seeing things but after 4 rounds I got it even. But that's probably because the vid is in terrible quality. For those of you who haven't seen the fight, it's up on YT.

As for the ring girls...one long DAAAAAAAMN!

5th round Dawson, clearly. Landed nice combo on the ropes at the begining of the round and did all the work that round. Hated the acting of Hopkins at the end when he went through the ropes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Ridiculous...48 - 47 Chad
6th round Dawson. B-Hop doesn't throw.
7th round Dawson as well. Same as in 6th. B-Hop doesn't give the judges too much to think about. 68 - 65 Chad
8th round Dawson. His best round imo. Landed a nice right hook at the beginning. Bhop landed a nice left hook. But Dawson did more towards the end - nice uppercut. 78 - 74 Chad
9th round Dawson. Not much happened but dawson edged it out with a combo on the ropes towards the end of the round. 88 - 83 Chad
10th round Dawson. Hopkins is clearly trying to do him dirty now. Standard round. 98 - 93 Chad
11th round Dawson. B-Hop is having some moments there, but I liked Chad more in that round. 108 - 102
12th round I got it even.

118 - 112 final scores. Chad won it, but I was expecting him to be a bit more agressive. I wish he would have used his athletic ability more. But all in all, a good, focused, "man on the mission" kind of performance. Big props to Rafael Garcia, he did a great work on those cuts.

As for B-Hop it's hard to say what is next for him. He is not done in my eyes, he still has a bit in the tank, but I'd like to see him retire as he got nothing to prove to anyone. As Max Kellerman pointed out, his body finally looks to be wearing out. I noticed it during the weigh-in but it was even more visible during the fight. Not that Bernard ever had a big muscle definition but it seems to be going...

Surprisingly good fight.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 29 2012, 07:08 AM

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 29 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #115

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

The fight went as I thought it would. Dawson winning clearly with a tight scorecard. Hopkins has had a great career however and could still compete at a high level even right now.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 29 2012, 09:15 AM
Post #116

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 29 2012, 10:00 AM) *
The fight went as I thought it would. Dawson winning clearly with a tight scorecard. Hopkins has had a great career however and could still compete at a high level even right now.

I DOSED OFF

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 29 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #117

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 29 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Where's Cheesey? Looks like his old lady has him in the headlock because he missed his bedtime (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Hey man, I've got to pick my battles. Life has taught me a thing or two...

They say that elephants don't forget a thing, well they could learn a lot from women.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 29 2012, 09:42 AM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 29 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #118

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 29 2012, 09:37 AM) *

They say that elephants don't forget a thing, well they could learn a lot from women.

LOL!!!!!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 29 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #119

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:24 PM) *
I believe if Cloud runs through Pascal, then we will see him in the ring with Bernard. I believe Chad is looking for a Pascal rematch, regardless of what he said in the post-fight interview.

I would like to see Hopkins fight Cleverly, but we have to see what Cleverly does in the near future. As for Chad, he has the winning hand, so he can fight whoever...unless "whoever" can give two shits about a title belt.

As he should. ANYTIME you lose to someone you say isn't better than you, you avenge that loss.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #120

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 29 2012, 10:37 AM) *

LOL!!! Yep...

After waking up and watching the last few rounds of this fight, Im still a bit amazed and disappointed. Im still amazed that Hopkins is able to convincingly compete at this age at this level, amazing. Im a bit disappointed with Chad, because he's the only guy with enough skill to nearly run through Hops, but he either didn't or couldn't pull it off.

The fact that this old man was hit with a lot of those shots and walked away with nearly a scratch on him, is something to take into consideration. It's hard for anybody to look good against Bernard (as Kellerman mentioned), and the last person I remember pulling that off, would be RJJ in '93.

As for Dawson, Im glad that he got over the hump last night. He's fought his share of old guys in his career, but this win actually counted for something. He didn't look so great in a few parts of the fight, but if you consider who he fought, he truly gets a pass. His post-fight interview gave me a whole new respect for him though, unlike his butt-hurt rant after the first fight.

It looks as if no one else will give Dawson this type of trouble, or ugly fights, at LHW, so he's off the reach the top...I can live with that. He's sure to beat guys like Pascal (hopefully), Cloud, and a few others at this point. Im not sure how marketable he his, but if he runs through these guys and make his highlight reels look good, then he may be able to huge impact.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:02 AM