IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jul 25 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Bradley wants to make money, that is what the sport of boxing is all about and there's nothing wrong with that. He fights Khan, a risky fight for $2 million tops if the UK PPVs are high enough, he wasn't guaranteed that high of a purse. The dude is about to have a kid pretty soon and I can tell you that if it were me, why the hell would I risk a $5 mil guarantee for a $2 mil possibility?

Amir Khan isn't a big ticket seller either though GBP would like to convince you he's the second coming of Ricky Hatton, Brits aren't too big on him maybe because he's part Pakistani if I'm not mistaken. Bradley-Khan would've drawn less people than Khan-Judah because you have two guys with almost no following, at least Arum can give Bradley some exposure if this goes as people are saying. Just remember where you heard it first, I got the Desert Hermit out of hiding lol.

Ya'll can hate on me for thinking Bradley will beat Pacquiao, but if Shane "Molasses" Mosley with his lazy jab and lateral movement could reduce Pacquiao's punch output by HALF, then there is a blueprint there for Pacquiao. Plus, him fighting all these old come ahead guys may cramp his development just like it did Chad Dawson. Dawson kept fighting guys in their late 30s-40s after Adamek and when he finally fought a younger guy in Pascal, he looked like the older man.

Time will tell, I'd rather see Bradley-Pacquiao than I would a rematch with Margarito, who is going to shock Cotto this December.

I understand that fighters want to make money, but at least be a fighter that makes significant money on your own before begging to dance with the big dogs. Like my earlier example, Floyd was making millions before the De La Hoya fight, it may not have been the millions that he made after fighting Oscar, but it was still millions. Bradley has yet to make over $800k, and now he wants the true & solid millions that come along with fighting Pac & May. I dont see how Khan isn't a decent attraction when he's getting UK PPV revenue, has a decent following, and is getting past everybody in front of him. Mind you, Im not a big Khan fan by far, but dude is on the right track with his career in regards to becoming a big star.

Like I said before, Marquez has all of the credentials to fight Pacquiao again, and he is only getting a crappy $5M out of it. Answer this, what has Bradley done to deserve a big PPV besides providing us with headbutt-ending game-blowing fights, and crying about a bigger payday? Im waiting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) All of these seasoned fighters have faced Pacquiao with a gameplan and confidence (or lack there of), and ended up wondering what happened when they came up short. We all gave big chances these fighters in hoping that they would at least give Pac a hard time somewhere in the fight, and they came up short.

I dont see Bradley as strategic or dominant at all, and I bet that as soon as he gets hit with a grazing punch with cartoon strength that he didn't see coming from another planet, then the gameplan is out of the window for him. We will end up seeing Pac vs Hatton again and wish that we didn't waste $50 on Tim Bradley. Mayweather will simply outclass this dude...thats why Pac and May are the eilte fighters in boxing, everybody has a plan, then a punch lands and chages everything. Good Lord, let's not forget how Kendall Holt dropped your hero with a punch that he didn't even see because he was too busy swinging for the fences, smh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 25 2011, 11:50 AM) *
That's absurd, Tim Bradley would be on the outside all night long. Khan is too quick, too slick, too strong, and too smart for Bradley. Bradley can get by guys like Holt and Alexander, but Khan is a different level of fighter. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stay in that fight. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late stoppage.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Jul 25 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #43

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-forget-...yweather--41938

Wait a minute here. Here we have 2 champions at 140 lbs. This is the most clarity we've had in this division in a long time, yet Tim Bradley does not want to settle up at 140 to see who's the best in the world? That's a shame in my opinion. Tim's ducking. I don't give a fuck about his plans for a Pacquiao fight. The sport had plans to see who's the best 140lbs fighter in the world ever since last year. Tim's lost a lot of respect from me over this.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 25 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #44

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

what has Bradley done to even try to build himself up as a viable opponent? he can't sell a ticket, he isn't a champion, he doesn't have super star potential, he's not exciting, he's not pretty, he's not ugly, he's not cool, he's not mean, he's not blazing, he's not powerful and he doesn't have a chance.... the guy is plain in all ways. and he's a fuckin headbutting mauler. they could have a better sell against the Big Bad Black Man Mike Jones. Bradley would only make for a good tune up for Pac.

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Jul 25 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #45

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 24 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Though it's not confirmed or anything, it's something I've speculated for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley fight Mike Jones on the undercard since Jones has been shortlisted by Arum as a possible opponent for Pac AND has a date on either the Nov.12 or Dec.3 PPV Card. If it is true, it does add some juice to the undercard which will already feature Brandon Rios vs either Katsidis or Kevin Mitchell.

What's the source of your quote?

This post has been edited by Nay_Sayer: Jul 25 2011, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 25 2011, 12:14 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-forget-...yweather--41938

Wait a minute here. Here we have 2 champions at 140 lbs. This is the most clarity we've had in this division in a long time, yet Tim Bradley does not want to settle up at 140 to see who's the best in the world? That's a shame in my opinion. Tim's ducking. I don't give a fuck about his plans for a Pacquiao fight. The sport had plans to see who's the best 140lbs fighter in the world ever since last year. Tim's lost a lot of respect from me over this.

Exactly! It's a damn shame that the sanctioning bodies have not stripped this loser of his titles yet...its not like they haven't done it once before. Like you said, this is the most clarity that we have had in a while, but yet, he wants to sit on his ass, hold two major titles (that actually helps to bring his name up when people are looking around to see why the titles have not been defended), and dip his nose into Welterweight business against two fighters that would easily blow him away. It's sad that both fighters aren't even looking his way because of how much a non-factor he is. He has to beg another promoter to fight one of his fighters, smh, pathetic in every inch of the word.

I just peeped how selfish dude was being at the end of the article, when he said that he doesn't care what anybody thinks or says, he's just worried about himself. I understand that he wants to make money, but its not fair that the world has to surfer because he's done nothing to make himself relevant, let alone done enough to deserve a big fight. I wouldn't pay $50 to watch this asshole get dismantled so that he can feed his family, smh. He knows in his heart that he cant win those fights because both of them are better than Khan, and he saw Khan as big risk of him not getting a big payday, so he has completely decided to go around Khan.

Shit, call out Berto for crying out loud. The 140lb division held so many promises, but you have idiots in it who lays a big turd right at the 50-yard line in big fights, get robbed of decisions, and others who hold major titles and cant decide if they want to be Welterweight or not. This is such a letdown for everybody because these guys had guaranteed stardom spoon-fed to them and they managed to toot their asses up for the world to kiss. We need "Bradley is Crap" thread immediately!

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Jul 25 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #47

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 24 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Out of all the top fights Manny can fight Bradley has the least chance of beating him IMO.

I like Bradley but his lack of power coupled his willingnesss to stand and fight will hurt him big time against Manny.

Pac by brutal KO in 5.

I agree except for the willingness to stand and fight..In bradleys last two fights he has been in less exchanges and actually moves around alot more instead of just brawling like he did with Holt.

Either way his pillow punches equal long night for him I would expect manny to win by easy UD..

food for thought according to every site Gary Shaw is fighting like crazy over bradley so I wouldnt be surprised to not see him on the Pac undercard

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 25 2011, 04:47 PM
Post #48

Guests

You know what would be hilarious? Ok these 2 sceanrios.

1. Khan beats Mayweather and Bradley beats Pacquiao
  2. Bradley fights on the undercard of Pacquiao-Marquez and after the fight, Mayweather and Pacquiao get their shit together get a fight done and Bradley is there with his dick in his hand with no Mayweather, Pacquiao or Khan

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 25 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #49

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:47 PM) *

2. Bradley fights on the undercard of Pacquiao-Marquez and after the fight, Mayweather and Pacquiao get their shit together get a fight done and Bradley is there with his dick in his hand with no Mayweather, Pacquiao or Khan

Arum would never pass on Pac whooping up on Bradley. it's going to be a highlight reel of ass whipping

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:47 PM) *

Check this scenario: What if Mayweather and Bob Arum (on behalf of Pacquiao) said that they will fight the winner of Bradley and Khan. What will Super Skull do then?

The funniest part would be Pac and May making a secret deal to fight each other, despite Bradley and Khan fighting! That would be hilarious because Bradley is known to go by what Arum says without anything being set in stone. Thats probably why he is so freakin' on his head (like a child) to yell about this 'superfight' that he has been promised, smh...such a silly rabbit.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:27 AM