IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan, A lot of bark. Does he have the bite to match?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 23 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (chicagogato @ Sep 23 2011, 07:33 PM) *
We know Mayweather. He's an excellent boxer, 42 & 0, Never been knocked out. Khan is no Mayweather.

Yep Khan has had one KO loss. But then a first ballot hall of famer like Hopkins lost his first professional bout. Your point is?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 23 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 23 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Yep Khan has had one KO loss. But then a first ballot hall of famer like Hopkins lost his first professional bout. Your point is?

Come on Ollie get with the program, thats how we credit Floyd with a HOF resume. We credit him with wins against fighters he hasnt fought.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 22 2011, 11:34 PM) *
He just wants to be like Mayweather who will soon be a convicted felon if there is any justice in the world just like his daddy.

Wouldnt it be sweet if he did get convicted of something, then the little gobshite could stop touting himself for a fight at Wembley cos we wouldnt let him in.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 23 2011, 07:24 AM
Post #33

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Not a fan of Khan, never have been, never will be, but credit where it's due, he is doing all the right things, staying busy taking the fights that make the most sense. Can't knock the fella at all for that.

People hating on him for Mayweather reasons should hang themselves.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Sep 23 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

Still have to see more from Khan before I can say how good he is. Wanna see him fight Bradley or if not how about Khan vs Ortiz? I would pick Ortiz by K.O.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 23 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 23 2011, 02:50 AM) *
Have not seen your other 2 posts but the above one has been a greater contribution to this board than Hazsuckeddickbehindbars made in 170 odd posts.

Hahahaha!!! Good ol' Stevenski! I had to tell Lloyd in another thread to be careful with Haz, I heard those internet warriors dont play! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
ks1
post Sep 23 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #36

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

I'd say Khan is more bark than bite but, I don't blame him. He's barking to get paid.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 23 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 1,253

Yup. Gotta start somewhere/somehow.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 23 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #38

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

I think Amir Khan has demonstrated improvement as a fighter, obviously he still has some flaws in his game but anyone or everyone can still have room for improvement. His fight with Maidana is an instant classic and he stopped a revitalized, focused Zab Judah.

Khan's speed, height and range plus he has pop in his punches makes him a dangerous fighter, I can only think moving up in weight will make him stronger since he won't have to bear down on weight. In his last fight he showed slight improvement in his inside game and his jab is getting better. To me, Khan is "THE" man at 140 since Bradley is inactive and since he's won all his fights at 140 ever since his embarrassing KO loss to Breidis Prescott.

I think Khan should rematch Prescott who was robbed against Mcloskey and then take on Morales before he moves up to welterweight. His first fight at welter should be either Berto or Ortiz to see if he can handle a welter's power. Then he could face Mayweather at the end of 2012 or early 2013 which I see Mayweather winning either by TKO or KO in the middle rounds.

I think Khan will give Mayweather significant trouble in the first 4 rounds with his speed,reach and height but as usual after round 4 Mayweather will adjust and put on a clinic from there. It is a fight I surely would watch and think by then it would be great. Khan has the charisma, confidence, looks and skills to make it interesting.

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Sep 23 2011, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 23 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Maxy @ Sep 23 2011, 08:24 AM) *
Not a fan of Khan, never have been, never will be, but credit where it's due, he is doing all the right things, staying busy taking the fights that make the most sense. Can't knock the fella at all for that.

People hating on him for Mayweather reasons should hang themselves.

Good point, Maxy. Me personally, I think Khan is overrated and very flawed. I think when he faces a truly skilled fighter, he won't be able to succeed.

But he does deserve credit for wanting to fight Mayweather. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 23 2011, 10:14 AM) *
Still have to see more from Khan before I can say how good he is. Wanna see him fight Bradley or if not how about Khan vs Ortiz? I would pick Ortiz by K.O.

At 147, I think he loses to Ortiz via KO because quite simply I don't see him having the chin to take the punches nor the defense to avoid them.

At 140 vs Bradley is a picke em. Timmy is very flawed too and far from a complete fighter and he has no power. Not to mention the size disadvantage he'd have vs Khan.

Against either of Mayweather or Pacquiao I don't think he stands much of a chance.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Sep 23 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #40

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Khan's a good fighter. He'll beat Bradley and Ortiz IMHO. Berto might have a chance but lately he feels like slugging it out rather than boxing. He'll take an L vs Khan doing that.

IMO Khan has a better chance than Ortiz and Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Khan would start very strong but end up losing a decision.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:34 AM