IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In light of Lance Armstrong's Exposure, What are your thoughts of Random Testing now???
mrchitown
post Jan 19 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 18 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Yup. Every pro. boxer (amateurs too would be nice) should be randomly tested for P.E.Ds (and coke too). If the sport becomes more structured then paying for it will be sorted out too e.g. a central fund can be set up to cover those costs.

You'd be surprised at the amount of stuff that goes on in the amateurs...this issue included

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 19 2013, 12:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 19 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

For all those who lobbied against Floyd for making testing an issue let me simply say "YOU WERE WRONG!!!"

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 20 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

No shocks about this whole thing coming to light. What it says to me is that the ones who get caught are either stupid or dont have the money to do both the PED and the masking agents. I imagine that there is a price for fame and glory.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 20 2013, 07:12 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 19 2013, 03:06 PM) *
For all those who lobbied against Floyd for making testing an issue let me simply say "YOU WERE WRONG!!!"

I always agreed with Mayweather's stance, but in light of some recent articles about him, I'm not even sure he's clean. He's a cat who can afford the good shit with masking and all. Maybe thats why he retires so often...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 20 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 20 2013, 06:12 AM) *
I always agreed with Mayweather's stance, but in light of some recent articles about him, I'm not even sure he's clean. He's a cat who can afford the good shit with masking and all. Maybe thats why he retires so often...

What articles are you referring to? I hope not Mr. Montoya

+Quote Post
mikE11
post Jan 21 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,807

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 18 2013, 10:27 AM) *
My stance is that I'm disgusted. Not by the people cheating, but by the people that say "Well people are going to do it anywa. What difference does it make?" There are going to be certain kids who turn out to be failures in life. It doesn't mean that you stop parenting. Cancer hasn't gone away, but we still spend millions of dollars on research. Same with AIDS.Shit, we haven't even found a fool proof solution to the common cold yet (not even Big Momma). What people don't realize is, this is beyond winning and losing. Especially in contact sports, the ramifications of steroids can be catastrophic. Bodies are unnaturally doing things they shouldn't be doing. Boxing, of all sports, should be the most strict. Even when you win you lose in boxing. I've nver known a fighter to fight his entire career and not get hit. Maybe steroids never goes away. That doesn't mean you stop doing your due diligence to ensure you've exhausted every effort to make your sport a clean one. I'm no genius or psychiatrist, but I'm willing to bet a cheater would be far less apt to use if he knows the ramifications of getting caught, as well as the methods in which to catch him, are extremely high.

Well said.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 21 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 19 2013, 12:52 AM) *
You'd be surprised at the amount of stuff that goes on in the amateurs...this issue included

I can believe it.
Slowly but surely the sport will get its shit together. Just like the Olympics was forced to come to the conclusion that there's more long term money without doping, so will boxing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2013, 10:33 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 21 2013, 07:58 PM) *
I can believe it.
Slowly but surely the sport will get its shit together. Just like the Olympics was forced to come to the conclusion that there's more long term money without doping, so will boxing.

I've heard of amateurs getting paid, I've heard of many infractions that get swept under the rug because these officials and tournament organizers think a fighter is going pro so they give them free reign to do as the please. And I've definitely heard of fighters taking illegal substances and nothing happening. No suspension, no nothing.

I think Boxing will undergo a change or shakeup or what ever people would like to call it when a number of boxers start testing positive for PED's frequently. MLB went thru it, Track has gone thru it,etc. all sports go thru a sink or swim period. Boxing desperately needs to get this matter under control

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 22 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Or some sort of wake up call would be nice, I'd bet if a fighter died in the ring and his opponent tested positive, that'd do it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 22 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Or some sort of wake up call would be nice, I'd bet if a fighter died in the ring and his opponent tested positive, that'd do it.

Sad that it has to come to those measures, but that's just how laid back the sport of boxing is. When some terrible shit happens, people in position of power, don this "union-like" attitude, but refuse to start any unions for fighters.

That shit reminds me of the Billy Collins Jr. story. Of course Resto was caught immediately after the fight, but the fact that his glove and handwraps weren't checked properly (or at all for that matter), Collins suffered permanent injuries, and ultimately killed himself.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:57 AM