IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wlad Vs Sam Peter II, Povetkin pulls out...
D-MARV
post Jul 22 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

By Ruslan Chikov

WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko spoke with Golzka about the issue with mandatory Alexander Povetkin and the likely new opponent for September 11 in Frankurt, Germany - Sam Peter. Klitschko won a decision over Peter in a 2005 bout, but not before Peter scored three knockdowns.

Klitschko's team went to the IBF after Povetkin no-showed a press conference earlier this week in Frankfurt to announce their fight. The IBF gave Klitschko permission to make a fight with Peter, who is next in the rankings. Klitschko and his team were paranoid that Povetkin, who has yet to sign a bout agreement, was planning to withdraw from the contest. Povetkin's management claim the fighter has a sinus infection and was unable to fly from the United States to Germany to attend the press conference.

"Samuel Peter is next in the rankings of IBF. It will be a rematch. Athletes have an obligation [speaking about Povetkin]. He wasn't at the press conference and neither were his reps. I am extremely disappointed. Our company K2 won the bidding process. Povetkin has had no desire to sign the contract or come out of training camp in the U.S. to attend the press conference in Frankfurt," Klitschko said.

"For two weeks, we persuaded Povetkin to come, but he refused. Then the IBF tried to force him to come to Frankfurt. On our side, everything was done, but on Sunday night came the news: unfortunately, that Sasha could not fly. On my end, all of the contracts were signed. Povetkin did not signed a contract and there was no explanation."

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this is pretty fucking pathetic. Wlad is now free and so is Haye... Make the fucking fight!

This post has been edited by D-MARV: Jul 22 2010, 03:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 22 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #2

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Haye doesn't want it.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 22 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #3

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2010, 03:15 PM) *
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this is pretty fucking pathetic. Wlad is now free and so is Haye... Make the fucking fight!

Damnnn..Real bogus!!!Everyone in the division is scared of the Klitchkos in my opinion..If they say they aren't before the fight,they definitely are in the fight..

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 22 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

Peter has done NOTHING to deserve this shot!

I say give it to Tua. Even though he had a draw with Barrett and suffered a KD....it would still be a different capable body in the ring with Wlad.

Or Briggs even.

This post has been edited by BGv2.0: Jul 22 2010, 04:26 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 22 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #5

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 22 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Peter has done NOTHING to deserve this shot!

I say give it to Tua. Even though he had a draw with Barrett and suffered a KD....it would still be a different capable body in the ring with Wlad.

Tua??Shit,I'd say Adamek over Tua..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 22 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Tua get's KO'd within 6. Easy Money for Wladimir

Only fight worth shit is Wlad-Haye.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 22 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Haye does not look as if he really wants the fight now. and Adamak barely eeked by a fat out of shape Arreola....he has less of chance than Tua IMHO.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 22 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Heavyweight

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:43 PM) *
Haye does not look as if he really wants the fight now. and Adamak barely eeked by a fat out of shape Arreola....he has less of chance than Tua IMHO.

Well, Tua has NO chance so I guess this means that Adamek is fucked.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 22 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Well, Tua has NO chance so I guess this means that Adamek is fucked.

He has power and Wlad's chin is not the best....so early on...with Briggs/Tua even Arreola....I'd not say any of those guys with a little bit of pop has NO chance.

I'd give any of those guys a shot through the first 3 rounds. The longer it goes...the less chance they all have.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 22 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #10

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Tua was bad at getting inside in his prime...now he is just inept. I think Wlad would mangle an old, no stamina, slow-ass Tua. I actually think this would be the easiest fight for him.

Shame that Haye has no interest.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:42 AM