Reply to this topicStart new topic
> umm..., wtf!?
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i was dealing with health issues a few years back and had high blood pressure at one point. the only thing that indicated that i had it was nose bleeds. it was kind of scary because they were like faucets. it was crazy. i had to have my nose carterized(sp?) and that was a trip. when i realized sodium was the cause, i cut it out totally. i haven't used salt on anything since. the cool thing (if there is anything cool about being sick) in your situation is that u have these indicators that are popping up pretty quick. know that your body is giving you a warning to slow it down. drinking does serious damage to your liver that you should concern yourself with. your liver is pretty much the main factor in your immune system. abuse your liver...abuse your immune system. as for the acid reflux...you need to lay off the dairy and acidic foods and that will take care of itself. i think u may want to try and do a cleanse or a detox. you will feel great afterwards and it's sort of like a system reset in so many ways. i'm actually starting one this week and will shoot to do a 15-20 day fast. it's a lot easier than it seems and for a guy like me that eats like shit and needs to drop weight...it's the perfect solution.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 01:02 AM) *
i was dealing with health issues a few years back and had high blood pressure at one point. the only thing that indicated that i had it was nose bleeds. it was kind of scary because they were like faucets. it was crazy. i had to have my nose carterized(sp?) and that was a trip. when i realized sodium was the cause, i cut it out totally. i haven't used salt on anything since. the cool thing (if there is anything cool about being sick) in your situation is that u have these indicators that are popping up pretty quick. know that your body is giving you a warning to slow it down. drinking does serious damage to your liver that you should concern yourself with. your liver is pretty much the main factor in your immune system. abuse your liver...abuse your immune system. as for the acid reflux...you need to lay off the dairy and acidic foods and that will take care of itself. i think u may want to try and do a cleanse or a detox. you will feel great afterwards and it's sort of like a system reset in so many ways. i'm actually starting one this week and will shoot to do a 15-20 day fast. it's a lot easier than it seems and for a guy like me that eats like shit and needs to drop weight...it's the perfect solution.

Thanks for the advice Professor! I never wanted to be part of the "bad health" club, but knowing that it was something that I could fix and ultimate get rid of (for the most part), was an inspiration within itself. I knew for a FACT that I needed to lose weight, but my motivation was slipping away week by week...for some odd reason. Glad I didnt have the nose bleed issue...that shit sounded serious man.

I still drink, but I've cut back tremendously. I was never a fan of hard liquor (thank God), though I'll indulge periodically. Beer has been my biggest issue, but even that, I've cut back more. As for that cleanse, I've taken The Cleaner (detox) on & off since August. They have a 7-day and 14-day cleanse. It comes with a diet plan, with no meat.

I must say, that cleanse is the most effective one that I've used. It knocks off about 5-7 lbs in a week's time...not bad at all. I JUST finished the 14-day cleanse this past Friday. You should give it a shot.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2013, 11:29 AM) *
Thanks for the advice Professor! I never wanted to be part of the "bad health" club, but knowing that it was something that I could fix and ultimate get rid of (for the most part), was an inspiration within itself. I knew for a FACT that I needed to lose weight, but my motivation was slipping away week by week...for some odd reason. Glad I didnt have the nose bleed issue...that shit sounded serious man.

I still drink, but I've cut back tremendously. I was never a fan of hard liquor (thank God), though I'll indulge periodically. Beer has been my biggest issue, but even that, I've cut back more. As for that cleanse, I've taken The Cleaner (detox) on & off since August. They have a 7-day and 14-day cleanse. It comes with a diet plan, with no meat.

I must say, that cleanse is the most effective one that I've used. It knocks off about 5-7 lbs in a week's time...not bad at all. I JUST finished the 14-day cleanse this past Friday. You should give it a shot.

definitely! i'm going to start this week. i'll let u know how it goes.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 7 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 01:21 PM) *
definitely! i'm going to start this week. i'll let u know how it goes.

Cool! The instructions suggest that you take the first 4 tablets on the evening of your first day, then take 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening for the remainder of the days. You'll end up taking your last 4 pills on the evening of your last day.

My schedule for it: Ill take 4 pills on a Friday evening (around 6 or 7 PM), and end up taking my last 4 pills on the next Friday. Beware, the first 2-3 days are CRAZY! Just be within 5 minutes of a toilet (hence why I start on the weekend). By the beginning of the week, I'm usually fine and Im able to gauge my restroom breaks.

Trust me, it knocks off about 5-7 lbs EASILY...as it cleans you liver, colon, intestines, and the rest of the major organs. I have the list of food to eat while taking it, if I decide to eat anything close to what I consider meat, I'll eat fish. Lol

In the morning, I'll eat a bowl of Special K cereal, take 4 pills, down a bottle of water, eat a banana or an apple on the way to work, and wash it down with another bottle of water. Anytime I take the pills, I ALWAYS follow it with two bottles of water (very effective).

I will upload a pic of the menu to select your foods from. It's not a bad diet at all...besides, it's only for 1 week....cant be that bad.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2013, 04:00 PM) *
Cool! The instructions suggest that you take the first 4 tablets on the evening of your first day, then take 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening for the remainder of the days. You'll end up taking your last 4 pills on the evening of your last day.

My schedule for it: Ill take 4 pills on a Friday evening (around 6 or 7 PM), and end up taking my last 4 pills on the next Friday. Beware, the first 2-3 days are CRAZY! Just be within 5 minutes of a toilet (hence why I start on the weekend). By the beginning of the week, I'm usually fine and Im able to gauge my restroom breaks.

Trust me, it knocks off about 5-7 lbs EASILY...as it cleans you liver, colon, intestines, and the rest of the major organs. I have the list of food to eat while taking it, if I decide to eat anything close to what I consider meat, I'll eat fish. Lol

In the morning, I'll eat a bowl of Special K cereal, take 4 pills, down a bottle of water, eat a banana or an apple on the way to work, and wash it down with another bottle of water. Anytime I take the pills, I ALWAYS follow it with two bottles of water (very effective).

I will upload a pic of the menu to select your foods from. It's not a bad diet at all...besides, it's only for 1 week....cant be that bad.

i'm actually going to fast with the lemonade diet. it's pretty effective and i've dropped some serious pounds doing it. in 9 days...20lbs. same deal...u wanna start on a weekend for obvious reasons. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 12 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Found out a few weeks ago, that my blood pressure wasn't the issue after all...it directly related to anxiety. Hopefully I can get off this damn BP medication, because the doc prescribed some shit for anxiety...needless to say, the side effects are worse than my damn symptoms.

I'm not a huge believer in medication, being that the mind and body work together more than we know. If I have anxiety problems, then it's best to work on the anxiety with some daily skills, so I wont forget to take my meds one day, and freak out. See what I mean? I'm not the one to be dependent on meds.

I just realized how much I DON'T relax. As a matter of fact, I also realized that I dont know HOW TO relax...weird, right. I've been reading a few books over the past few weeks, one of which teaches you how to "quiet your mind". I must say, it's a bit helpful.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 20 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Bumped

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Found out a few weeks ago, that my blood pressure wasn't the issue after all...it directly related to anxiety. Hopefully I can get off this damn BP medication, because the doc prescribed some shit for anxiety...needless to say, the side effects are worse than my damn symptoms.

I'm not a huge believer in medication, being that the mind and body work together more than we know. If I have anxiety problems, then it's best to work on the anxiety with some daily skills, so I wont forget to take my meds one day, and freak out. See what I mean? I'm not the one to be dependent on meds.

I just realized how much I DON'T relax. As a matter of fact, I also realized that I dont know HOW TO relax...weird, right. I've been reading a few books over the past few weeks, one of which teaches you how to "quiet your mind". I must say, it's a bit helpful.

not sure how i missed this one...

a few simple tricks....

breathe!!! you'd be surpised how many ppl forget to do this simple thing when shit starts to pop off. someone says something annoying...your dog shitted on the carpet...etc..etc... take a step back....count to 10 and breathe!!! i usually take 3 deep breaths and approach whatever the issue is with the serenity prayer mindset. works wonders.

practice meditation daily....again, that's all about breathing and just sitting still. quieting your mind...you'll find once the waters are calm...u can see deeper.

i'm not a huge fan of doctors or medicine. i believe that everything we need to heal is already within us....the mind especially. so sometimes when i feel a cold coming on....or something like that....i tell myself, i don't have time to be sick...and i tell that sickness to leave my body. i know it sounds foolish....but it's worked for me. i've heard and read about other ppl who have used similar techniques and they work.

try relaxing music.

saw this on a fb post:

if you are depressed you are living in the past.

if you are anxious you are living in the future.

if you are at peace you are living in the present.

-lao tzu

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 1 2013, 04:28 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2012, 08:57 PM) *
lemme get it all off my chest...

9/11 was an inside job...

Agree

republicans are racist who wanna bring back slavery

Agree

ufo/alien life exists...

I think Life exists beyond our atmosphere. i dont think we've been visited. I HATE That hairy looking dude from Ancient Aliens. His hair makes the show lose all credibility.

conservative christians are trying to initiate the end of times. bastids!

Athiests should rule the Earth...

voting doesn't matter...

It probably doesnt, but since so many marched, sacrificed and died so that i could do it, I vote.

that is it for now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif)

Peace ouT!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 08:51 PM) *
not sure how i missed this one...

a few simple tricks....

breathe!!! you'd be surpised how many ppl forget to do this simple thing when shit starts to pop off. someone says something annoying...your dog shitted on the carpet...etc..etc... take a step back....count to 10 and breathe!!! i usually take 3 deep breaths and approach whatever the issue is with the serenity prayer mindset. works wonders.

practice meditation daily....again, that's all about breathing and just sitting still. quieting your mind...you'll find once the waters are calm...u can see deeper.

i'm not a huge fan of doctors or medicine. i believe that everything we need to heal is already within us....the mind especially. so sometimes when i feel a cold coming on....or something like that....i tell myself, i don't have time to be sick...and i tell that sickness to leave my body. i know it sounds foolish....but it's worked for me. i've heard and read about other ppl who have used similar techniques and they work.

try relaxing music.

saw this on a fb post:

if you are depressed you are living in the past.

if you are anxious you are living in the future.

if you are at peace you are living in the present.

-lao tzu

I'm convinced that you're Mr. Miyagi or some shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyhow, I've learned to breathe over the past couple of months. As you mentioned, people forget to do it, and it's the EASIEST thing in the world, lol. I came to the realization, that I simply don't know how to relax, regardless of what I thought I knew.

A close friend of mine was hospitalized last month, after passing out at work. She's known to stress about everything, and it's happened before at work. This time, it was serious, she has a conversion disorder (mostly paralysis), which numbs the left side of her body and messes up her speech. I talked to her on the phone, and I swore she had a stroke, I mean her speech was horrible.

After about 2 weeks, she was fine. She's attending therapy and has learned to cut down on stressful shit. At least this is what I know at the moment, but I haven't much more about it. When that news hit me, I knew immediately, that I had to start letting some old stuff go and learn to deal with new stuff. I wont lie, its cool, learning how to deal with people and everyday stressors...besides, I work with counselors and therapists all day, no reason why I shouldn't know these things. Lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:34 PM