IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> quintana vs thurman, anyone else excited about this one?
The Original MrF...
post Dec 1 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

If Thurman could get rid of the Ice t look, he'd probably look more credible... Right now, fighting with a pony tail is kinda whack...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 1 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 10:30 PM) *
i have no problem with any fighter who's winning calling out the best. that is good for boxing and i love his ambition. what i do have a problem with is the selective bullshit..."this person isn't a draw..." or "who has he fought..." or "he's got a loss...blah,blah,blah..." or "he isn't worthy.." or any other bullshit excuse a fighter gives not to fight someone.

i'm from the old school....in order to be the best u got to beat the best. best way to test that....call 'em out. straight and to the point. what's not to like about that!?

what's weak....calling out guys who've already been beaten or a guy who's coming off a loss or bad performance...but u weren't even mentioning his name when he was looking impressive! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

this new generation....i don't get y'all. smh.

It's the cocky attitude that doesn't sit well with me, simply because "One Time" hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a 1-trick pony. When a skilled boxer takes his best weapon away, then what? That's what I'm waitin' to see. Don't talk so much shit when, at the moment, you're just an (unpolished) KO artist. If he was more polished, I'd shut the fuck up and enjoy the show. Zab Judah showed Mabuza a thing or 2 'bout unpolished aggression and Pacquiao showed Hatton. It's only a matter of time before someone shows Thurman. The 1 thing I do like about him, though, is his fearlessness. He once said something along the lines of, "I'm not afraid to lose my 0, I just wanna fight." I can't do nothin', but respect that.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Dec 1 2012, 09:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:33 AM