IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ortiz-Campbell, Is the the youngster about to get schooled?
Mean Mister Must...
post May 12 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

Nate Campbell is the quintessential hot/cold fighter. He loses a fight, wins 1 or 2 over average competition, and then later gets a big win. After that one he goes on to lose. You never know what you are going to get with him but, despite his inconsistency, the man can fight. He has a good defense, thanks to the shoulder roll, is a great fighter on the inside and hurts guys with wicked body blows. Guys who can’t fight on the inside get eaten up by him. The trick is to keep him away. Ortiz has a good set of legs which might allow him to outmaneuver the usually flat footed Campbell.
The obvious plan for Campbell will be to test Ortiz’s heart, which appears to be questionable. Despite Campbell’s age this is still the best technical fighter Ortiz has ever fought. Will he be able to land on Campbell, will he have a plan B if he can’t outbox him, will he be willing to go to war with Campbell?

Can Campbell handle the power of Ortiz? Will he get old overnight?

I think Ortiz takes this one in a close affair. The reason why I see it being close is because of Campbell’s defensive abilities. The guy is hard to hit and I don’t know if Ortiz can soundly outbox him. I still think Ortiz will land enough shots to get the decision but he might eat some flush ones himself, enough to have some people claiming that Campbell should have received the decision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post May 12 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #2

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

Is the fight this weekend? I almost forgot all about this one. I think Campbell got old against Bradley. Like you said Campbell is a pretty good inside fighter. I think he takes it to Ortiz but if Ortiz manages to stay outside and box he'll pull off a close be decisive win.

I'm rooting for Campbell...just hope he makes weight.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post May 12 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Man, I've been going back and forth on this fight. Ortiz is younger, faster, more powerful, and seems to have about every advantage. Nate didn't look good against Tim Bradley, and it appeared he was looking for a way out. Bradley was stunning him good in that 3rd round, and I think Ortiz could do the same. Ortiz can really fight, and on paper he should dominate Nate Campbell. However, does Ortiz have the heart to hang in there all 10/12 rounds if he can't get Campbell out of there early. Maidana already answered this question, but can Ortiz dig deep in this fight? Nate Campbell took Diaz's heart, and outworked him in their fight. Diaz had a lot of the same hype Ortiz had, and Campbell took it too him. I think Campbell can do this, outwork Ortiz, and win an easy decision. However, then the question must be asked...Is Campbell the same fighter he was in March 2008? I'm going to say no. Campbell didn't look all that great against Funeka, then was outgunned against Bradley. He seems like an older fighter now, and he won't keep Ortiz off of him. Also, Campbell's best weight isn't at 140. His best days were at 130 and 135. My official prediction is Ortiz TKO 4. He'll go out and land hard shots. Campbell won't be able to take them at 140. Tough fight to predict though.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 12 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 12 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Is the fight this weekend? I almost forgot all about this one. I think Campbell got old against Bradley. Like you said Campbell is a pretty good inside fighter. I think he takes it to Ortiz but if Ortiz manages to stay outside and box he'll pull off a close be decisive win.

I'm rooting for Campbell...just hope he makes weight.

Now that you mention it, the guy has not fought since August and I'm wondering if at this age he can maintain his weight. It will be interesting.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that Campbell can also fight on the outside but he's more stationary and he might also have a hard time getting to Ortiz. On the other hand, if he comes foward in order to work the body he will leave himself open to counters which is dangerous since Ortiz can punch with both hands.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post May 12 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 12 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Man, I've been going back and forth on this fight. Ortiz is younger, faster, more powerful, and seems to have about every advantage. Nate didn't look good against Tim Bradley, and it appeared he was looking for a way out. Bradley was stunning him good in that 3rd round, and I think Ortiz could do the same. Ortiz can really fight, and on paper he should dominate Nate Campbell. However, does Ortiz have the heart to hang in there all 10/12 rounds if he can't get Campbell out of there early. Maidana already answered this question, but can Ortiz dig deep in this fight? Nate Campbell took Diaz's heart, and outworked him in their fight. Diaz had a lot of the same hype Ortiz had, and Campbell took it too him. I think Campbell can do this, outwork Ortiz, and win an easy decision. However, then the question must be asked...Is Campbell the same fighter he was in March 2008? I'm going to say no. Campbell didn't look all that great against Funeka, then was outgunned against Bradley. He seems like an older fighter now, and he won't keep Ortiz off of him. Also, Campbell's best weight isn't at 140. His best days were at 130 and 135. My official prediction is Ortiz TKO 4. He'll go out and land hard shots. Campbell won't be able to take them at 140. Tough fight to predict though.

Good question. Ortiz's attitude hardly wins me over.

I guess it's the old question of does Campbell have one last big fight in him? I'm gonna go with my hunch and say yes. Nate will obviously be aware of Victor's mental shortcomings and will knwo if he can take him into deep water then he may just have an outside chance of drowning him.

This is one of those fights where we could end up learning a lot about Ortiz.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 12 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

I'm going with Ortiz on this one despite the question mark on the kid's heart. I remember Hype saying something about Campbell getting lit up in sparring due to a new found spirituality so who knows what Campbell is going to show up.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 12 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

the way i see it is if ortiz could find a way to lose to maidana whom i consider a crude fighter i can see campbell beating him as well... if he deals with ortizs youth early i can see him making a very good account of himself even pulling this one off... im not sold on the heart of ortiz just yet...

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post May 12 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

This fight depends on which Campbell shows up. I think if the focused Nate shows up this will be Campbell Diaz 2. Ortiz is still a Man-Woman in my eyes. The rest of the world may forget his dress getting pulled up but I shall not. Give me Nate by SD.

This post has been edited by Box in Hand: May 12 2010, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 12 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

This fight wil lshow us if Ortiz has fully recovered from the Maidana loss. Campbell is world class fighter but at his age he can grow old over night. I see Ortiz picking Campbell apart for the first few rds then takeing him out late in the fight.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 16 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Ortiz did a good job, but honestly the manner in which he was boxing and moving was lauded and applauded by commentators, but when PBF does it is called running? I don't get it...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:32 AM