IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you agree with this guy (Terry Foster)??, Article on Floyd/does Mayweather define all Black Men?
BrutUalBK
post Mar 4 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013030...ION03/303040334

I for one do not agree that Floyd defines all black men (especially Your's Truly), it is inflammatory articles like these especially by Uncle Tom Negroes who help to continue to perpetuate not only the racial hate black men receive but also the hate towards a man in a sport where persona is perception and perception a reality (for some).

How can this Uncle Ben (Terry Foster) say that Floyd defines us: I've never been to prison, I don't hit women (if that's what he really did) and I haven't fathered children out of wedlock.

Sure Floyd is a great boxer and whatever he was doing to Mrs. Bundrage at that moment doesn't spell out that all of us (black men) would do the same thing. Let's not forget that Mrs. Bundrage did some trash talking to Floyd prior to the fight between K9 and Ishe and in her role as Manager for her husband is why Mayweather retorted in the first place irregardless of his antics; she got back the negative energy she put out.

Now, am I saying that everything was in good taste that Floyd did? No, but given the gravity of the moment and the fight taking place in the ring it applied.

Your thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 4 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 4 2013, 08:22 PM) *
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013030...ION03/303040334

I for one do not agree that Floyd defines all black men (especially Your's Truly), it is inflammatory articles like these especially by Uncle Tom Negroes who help to continue to perpetuate not only the racial hate black men receive but also the hate towards a man in a sport where persona is perception and perception a reality (for some).

How can this Uncle Ben (Terry Foster) say that Floyd defines us: I've never been to prison, I don't hit women (if that's what he really did) and I haven't fathered children out of wedlock.

Sure Floyd is a great boxer and whatever he was doing to Mrs. Bundrage at that moment doesn't spell out that all of us (black men) would do the same thing. Let's not forget that Mrs. Bundrage did some trash talking to Floyd prior to the fight between K9 and Ishe and in her role as Manager for her husband is why Mayweather retorted in the first place irregardless of his antics; she got back the negative energy she put out.

Now, am I saying that everything was in good taste that Floyd did? No, but given the gravity of the moment and the fight taking place in the ring it applied.

Your thoughts?

I quickly skimmed through the article and the guy's like most internet writers, lazy and agenda driven. Lazy because he didn't bother to research what caused the interaction.
While I agree with him that hip-hop has become a tragic, confused mess (when he talks about the degradation of African-American women),but the rest of his article was classic, "look at me massah, I ain't like the rest of them."

Anyway, I completely agree with your post, BrutalBK.

Also, if he's trying to earn brownie points with the 'Lords of the Plantation,' then he should proof read his Tom foolery the next time he writes.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

People who write or say stuff like that clearly seem, to have self hate issues. Floyd did it and I believe he went too far after repeatedly doing it. But everybody carries a joke too far at one time or another and anyone who says they haven't is a liar. The writer clearly used Floyd's name and status to illustrate his point which in my view discredits him. I really miss true journalism. The internet and websites alike are filled with bloggers. And it's a big difference between bloggers and writers.

I'm a black man and I absolutely hate when someone says WE as if WE are all one in the same. I bet it wouldn't have been WE if Mayweather would've posed for a photo with her and/or carried on a nice convo with her after the fight. It just would've been Floyd, now because something seemingly negative happens, it's we. The hip hop excuse is pretty lame, there's a difference between rap and hip hop and true fans of the genre know that. Hip Hop has nothing to do with that situation and many situations that take place. Those who view it as such are mentally weak IMO.

Everybody's always looking to blame something on, and in many cases with black people, they say it's hip hop. That women being demeaned BS has to stop because it happens in all races. So they got that from hip hop? FOH, people need to stop blaming genres of music for problems because I can;t count on 1 hand how many forms of music white people actually started. The media magnifies what they want to and we know who's behind that machine, this clown is just making it more easier for them to get their ideals across. Media is the new form of slavery for blacks in America

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 5 2013, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 5 2013, 05:13 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

What the writer seems to be describing is what 100% of men have done atleast once in there life, black/white/asian men have all demeaned women atleast once in there life. In regards to Floyd and what not, it wasn't a classy move, but hey this is the hurt business. It would of been better directed at K9 how never shuts the fuck up. But so be it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Another "writer" playing the "look at this oh-so powerful young, black, rich man that negatively influences the masses" card?! Get ouuutta here, really?! Say it aint so.

Seriously though, if a man walks up dancing and putting his dick all over your girlfriend/wife/significant other, then he deserves to get his ass kicked. Sadly, in this case, nothing was done about it. The most that happened was a punk ass article being written...is the problem solved? Absolutely not.

It just makes people look at Floyd more and more like the mindless douche that they already perceive him to be. How many people already feel this way about him? SEVERAL. What can those same people do about their thoughts of him? Absolutely nothing. There you have it.

As MG mentioned, people of all races have demeaned women in one way or another. Hell, your favorite singer, rapper, rockstar, actor, etc has demeaned a woman at least once in life...whether the issue was made public or not. That doesn't make it okay, but it happens all the time.

Fuck, even women demean other women and project this disgusting persona of how women with some type of money or fame act...I'm sure that most (if not all) of us have glanced at least one episode of Bad Girls Club, Real Housewives of (wherever tha fuck, insert city here), Love & Hip-Hop, etc. Hell, some/most women nowadays clamor over every upcoming episode of that shit, whether most are willing to admit it or not.

The whole "hyprocritical" black man nonsense has got to stop. Everybody (regardless of race) has had a hypocritical moment in their life...some more than others. Most people think that Manny is on PEDs and discredit the latter part of his career, but they're happy as hell that he beat tha hell outta Margarito. Hypocrisy? Justice served? Who knows. The writer is reaching here, and he's trying to take on a tall order.

If he wants to go there, then he can start with the music industry who gives these young "hypocritical" black males the opportunity to show the world just how cool it is to demean women, sell drugs, wear this and that, flash money, lie, etc. Then he can tackle social media (youtube, facebook, twitter, instgram, etc.) for giving them the chance to flaunt their lifestyle/character/etc.

Then he can tackle how parents dont monitor their children's activities (social media, television, etc). THEN he can tackle the fact that some of those same parents are "hypocritical" because they dont want their children watching that type of stuff, but yet, they're grown asses love it, and vicariously live by it. Oh what hypocrites they are, ooooh.

So if this chickenshit writer wants to fix this one problem, then he has some heavy lifting to do.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 5 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

My dad doesn't act like Floyd, my President doesn't act like neither did my grandpap. I don't know what this guy is talking about, hell I don't act like that. Floyd is not the gold standard for Black men, and not only that but there are other athletes who act like bigger dicks than Floyd. What he said about k-9 wife was a response she said to him. I doubt if he meant it seriously. Plus who the hell is this guy to judge anyone? I rather have Mayweather than Allen Keys represent us. And there are so many positive black men that outweigh negative ones. The media just likes to focus on the negative ones. It adds to the hype.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 5 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

It just makes people look at Floyd more and more like the mindless douche that they already perceive him to be. How many people already feel this way about him? SEVERAL. What can those same people do about their thoughts of him? Absolutely nothing. There you have it.

Before I address the quote above I'd like to take a moment and say thanks to all my proud bruthas on this forum for standing up to Uncle Bum Negroids like that fool (Terry Who Am I Foster), it is bad enough that all of the scientific "projects"(notice that this is the place where some of our people live is called) our insane handlers have perpetuated upon us that has divided us so much so in this present day and society but it is an altogether atrocity when we jump on one another to side with those who are and have been against us since the beginning just to pad one's resume in hopes of a higher position in slavedom.

It reminds me of this (I'm sure yall all heard it before): I've been taught to respect my elders and behave, even if when they were younger they sold slaves, truth and understanding is what I crave in the land of the thief-home of the slave.

Now onto the quote: It is just as we stated: "perception"!! The perception is the reality when it comes to how black people (in this case, Floyd) have been demonized not only in this country but in this world as a whole through their media (like yall said, media is the new slavery), so any chance the media gets to try to discredit us then they'll take it.

Floyd is sure to not win any points with those who are against him for this, in fact, this is the very fuel they need and wanted for the fire. Notice how the media never went all out to demonize Rothlesberger (I know I spelled it wrong) despite him raping a woman (maybe even 2) but no media was around him following his every move and making any issues out of anything he said of did during that time.

I guess it's good for guys who hate Floyd like Brother Terry that Guerrero won't be the one to dethrone or KO Floyd because now that Uncle Vom (short for vomit) will have something else to write about in his next piece of crap (I don't dare call it journalism).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

this guy said it best:

Robert Murphy
Floyd Mayweather now carries the banner of black masculinity? Clearly, this is where I get off. It is ridiculous to make this an issue about black male hypocrisy. In his defense Mayweather to my knowledge has never claimed to be aligned or support black causes (and I don't even like the guy). Floyd Mayweather is a clown who has never shown any allegiance to anything other than himself and he does a poor job managing that. To indicate Mayweather defines black manhood is to say that Gary Busey defines white manhood or that Pablo Escobar defines Latino manhood. Floyd's behavior is a classless, ignorant, and cowardice it has nothing to do with his race.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The racism and hatred this article has brought out of some people is just plain sad

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

anyone know what K-9 or his wife said prior to the fight to spur floyd to clown like that?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:55 PM