IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)7PM(PT) Ward vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams
Gambit808
post Nov 19 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #111

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 06:01 PM) *
I agree with you, he's cleaned out 168, 175 has some names but after he cleans that out then what? I don't believe he or Hopkins will ever fight eachother. But I also wonder why we, and when I say we I mean us fans and the media. Why don't we demand Gennady or Martinez to move up. This is very telling. People want Ward to move up or down, same as Floyd, but they not demanding this alleged monster to do so. The names at 160 ain't that much better then what's at 168. If he and Gennady fight or he and Sergio fight it should be at 168. Ward is the P4P #2 fighter in the sport. Why should he concede his position to a fighter like Golovkin whose good but we don't know if he's "actually good". It doesn't make sense for him to drop. He tried to get Martinez and he said he was willing to do 164. I don't think Dibella or Martinez want that fight any way

As far as Ward and the way he looks, dude is a SMW, he has a slim frame but I saw him next to Broner a lot on Vegas during the Mayweather-Canelo fight weekend. Adrien is nowhere near as big as Andre. That's just muscle mass and nothing more. Over time, I think that there will be just like there is for floyd these alleged boogeymen who the public wants to see him fight. We see it now with Golovkin. A guy who fights 4 times a year and you barely know any of there names but yet he's seen as a threat to beat Ward. If anything Gennady should man up and move up to get that fight. Ward has earned the right to do that. Golovkin hasn't earned the right to have a fighter of Ward's caliber come to him

I think like Floyd, us fans and media alike recognized him and Andre as the legitamite best in and around there divisions, giving them the favorited advantage over any opponent they face and if the status of their opposition does not come close to or match even, with either Mayweather or Ward, then a disadvantage for them is sout after by other means (like weight) to make things more interesting and somewhat on even playing field to sell. I see Gennady in the same light I see Broner, Danny & Mikey Garcia in, where their talent shows alot of promise but their credential haven't yet been convincing enough to say they could challenge or dethrone the best around there division. Even HBO recognize that no matter if it's at 160 or 168 it's still to soon for a Gennady-Ward clash and if Golovkin is as good as they say then perhaps by late next year or 2015, we'll see if he's still as invisible as it seems. Andre already proved himself to be what he is today, so for a fight like that to happen, Gennady still has some building to do to his legacy while Ward adds onto his and by that time hopefully both former Olympic guys remain undefeated and that fight will be worth much more than it is today.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Nov 22 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #112

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

In a recent interview when Ward was asked about GGG he kind of laughed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , stilled himself then said, "He's been doing what he's supposed to do with the guys that are in front of him..."

I dont think much more needs to be said.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 23 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #113

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 19 2013, 08:26 PM) *
I think like Floyd, us fans and media alike recognized him and Andre as the legitamite best in and around there divisions, giving them the favorited advantage over any opponent they face and if the status of their opposition does not come close to or match even, with either Mayweather or Ward, then a disadvantage for them is sout after by other means (like weight) to make things more interesting and somewhat on even playing field to sell. I see Gennady in the same light I see Broner, Danny & Mikey Garcia in, where their talent shows alot of promise but their credential haven't yet been convincing enough to say they could challenge or dethrone the best around there division. Even HBO recognize that no matter if it's at 160 or 168 it's still to soon for a Gennady-Ward clash and if Golovkin is as good as they say then perhaps by late next year or 2015, we'll see if he's still as invisible as it seems. Andre already proved himself to be what he is today, so for a fight like that to happen, Gennady still has some building to do to his legacy while Ward adds onto his and by that time hopefully both former Olympic guys remain undefeated and that fight will be worth much more than it is today.

Very good observation. There's nothing not to like to much about Gennady but I've seen some flaws in his game. He's being. Built up as this P4P elite and boogeyman type of figure and that's not factual. You can't be what his trainer and HBO and some fans are making him out to be when your fighting boxers who are not even ranked like Ishida. If and when he faces Ward he will pose a threat to him and vice versa. I think Andre will defeat him if they fight and then the next boogeyman will emerge

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:36 PM