IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged), (Rematch?)
Cheesey1
post Sep 17 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #151

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 02:43 AM) *
LMAO! How dirty of you, Cheesey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I know. God forgive me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #152

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:38 AM) *
"...kids through college" Nice one and I agree completely.

Re. the post 'Beatdown I' photo (the rematch will be called "Beatdown II), same here, I did feel bad for him. Unfortunately for him that's the photo that I'm using for the Weekend Round Up article that I'm writing now.

I saw the picture.. idk if julio can take that sort of punishment again. That was a pretty nasty visual, and who knows how much worse it could have been if Martinez hand wasnt supposedly hurt in the 4th. I did see him hurt chavez a few times. But that was bad, if sergio didn't choose to exchange the fight would have been even more one sided and I doubt the kd happens. Can't believe a 37 yr old threw nearly a thousand punches

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 17 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #153

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2012, 02:54 AM) *
I saw the picture.. idk if julio can take that sort of punishment again. That was a pretty nasty visual, and who knows how much worse it could have been if Martinez hand wasnt supposedly hurt in the 4th. I did see him hurt chavez a few times. But that was bad, if sergio didn't choose to exchange the fight would have been even more one sided and I doubt the kd happens. Can't believe a 37 yr old threw nearly a thousand punches

Yup.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 17 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #154

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 02:43 AM) *
LMAO! How dirty of you, Cheesey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's posted. To make it easier for you I've even added a link.

Chavez Jr. after he "wasn't" beaten up...

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 17 2012, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #155

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2012, 12:52 AM) *
I definitely agree. But idk about chavez gaining fans, everybody I know that watched the fight was pretty dissatisfied he didn't let his hands go. But chavez definitely has those options, but like you said after watching Martinez punish a light heavyweight for about 11 rounds he isn't very alluring to the big names. I doubt cotto would take a fight with him and even more doubtful Canelo will and mayweather is not rushing back to fighting anytime soon. This was a lose lose for Martinez other than the pay day

there were plenty of ppl i know that thought chavez was a fraud before this fight...and after withstanding all of what martinez dished for 11 and half rounds...to have him drop martinez the way he did....they have a new found respect for him. the kid has something....and it's not just his size or ability to take a punch. i think it's his will to win. he almost pulled that one out.

martinez has options...but he's not going to make the kind of money with them that he will on a rematch. both chavez and martinez will avoid golovkin. he's the next star of the division if he can get the fights.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #156

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I will check that out, in regards to him refusing to weigh in on fight night. Last time I checked, the WBC requires fighters to do an unofficial weigh-in on fight night, so you're right. I doubt if Julio rushes to 168. He can stay at 160 for a little while longer. There are a few fighters that will allow him to get away with the bullshit that he couldn't get away with in the Sergio fight...same situation with Dawson coming down to 168 and fighting someone OTHER THAN Ward.

It seemed to have paid dividends for him, especially when it came to the 12th round. Im not sure how it looked from a television view, but live, those body shots and head shots had Sergio looking crazy in a few rounds.

Side note: I think Arum kept Julio honest by allowing this fight to happen. Im not even sure that he thought Julio would win this fight, but let's not forget, before the Lee fight was signed, Julio was attempting to sit out on his contract, and refusing to sign an extension that Bob was damn near forcing him to sign. Weird, but I wouldn't rule this out, as to why this fight actually took place.

I see Arum pushing this whole "Jerry Jones just requested the rematch at the Cowboys Stadium" crap...maybe its another way of keeping Julio under contract. Poor DiBella, all he seems to have is tv deals, and can do little for Sergio. This was a big fight for them, but Im not sure whats next for them.

sounds very possible.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 17 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #157

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 17 2012, 11:30 AM) *
It's posted. To make it easier for you I've even added a link.

Chavez Jr. after he "wasn't" beaten up...

Did Martinez dominate? Yes
Did he bust Chavez up? Yes
Did Martinez Win 11 rounds? Yes
Did Martinez almost get ko'd in the 12th? Yes
Does the 12th round warrant a rematch? Yes

Chavez didn't do shit the whole fight until the end, but people are acting like Sergio let him knock him silly. Almost reminds me of the way people were saying Floyd could beaten cotto easy if he just boxed. It's all BS, Sergio got caught and almost gave Chavez the biggest comeback victory we have seen in years.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 17 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #158

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 17 2012, 01:03 PM) *

Chavez didn't do shit the whole fight until the end, but people are acting like Sergio let him knock him silly. Almost reminds me of the way people were saying Floyd could beaten cotto easy if he just boxed. It's all BS, Sergio got caught and almost gave Chavez the biggest comeback victory we have seen in years.

thank u.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 17 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #159

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 17 2012, 02:03 PM) *

I hope we get the rematch (although if I was calling the shots, I'd probably pass, because I really think that Chavez Jr. still has a long way to go).

If Chavez was his own worst enemy because he was inactive, then he should sort that out in the rematch.

I'm definitely putting money on 'Beatdown II.' Beg, borrow, or steal, I'm betting on Martinez.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 17 2012, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 17 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #160

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 17 2012, 02:03 PM) *

It's not that Martinez let anyone do anything. I think like other people have mentioned Martinez was his own enemy, he decided to exchange when he could easily not have, and he was clearly gassed and intent on trying to stop chavez (which he almost accomplished according to roach). He threw over 900 punches forced the action and I think he definitely gained chavez respect with his punching power and thats what led to chavez not letting his hands go because at many points in the fight Martinez was literally standing in front of him with his hands down. Idk if it warrants a rematch but I will be happy if Martinez gets another pay day as long as he stays the hell away from Texas!!!!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 06:44 AM