IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Bradley is such an easy fight then why not fight him?, Pac is talking trash!!
BrutUalBK
post Sep 19 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I read the article on the home page here and Pac is suggesting that he took the JMM fight because Bradley is too easy for him and then he goes on to state that he wasn't going in on him 100%.

I think this is a load of garbage and that he knows that Tim beats him more obviously the 2nd time around as long as his ankles are good, and claiming he wasn't going 100% is pure garbage-anyone who saw that fight would agree that he just looked like the same old Pac he's always been.

What are your thoughts??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 19 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 19 2012, 08:43 AM) *
I read the article on the home page here and Pac is suggesting that he took the JMM fight because Bradley is too easy for him and then he goes on to state that he wasn't going in on him 100%.

I think this is a load of garbage and that he knows that Tim beats him more obviously the 2nd time around as long as his ankles are good, and claiming he wasn't going 100% is pure garbage-anyone who saw that fight would agree that he just looked like the same old Pac he's always been.

What are your thoughts??

Well Pacquiao's excuse for bypassing the Bradley rematch should be no big deal to ya'll here at Fighthype as you've heard that same excuse from Floyd when he's avoided fighters in the past. Some of you can be real tools, as you will criticize someone for doing something that you gave someone else a pass on for doing the same thing. LOL

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Sep 19 2012, 11:44 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 11:41 AM) *
Well Pacquiao's excuse for bypassing the Bradley rematch should be no big deal to ya'll here at Fighthype as you've heard that same excuse from Floyd when he's avoided fighters in the past. Some of you can be real tools, as you will criticize someone for doing something that you gave someone else a pass on for doing the same thing. LOL

difference being...bradley beat pac. he should want to avenge his loss. when ppl questioned floyds win over castillo...floyd came back a few months later and erased all doubt.

the only tool here is you.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 19 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 09:41 AM) *

Bradley doesnt bring in PPV numbers. Its strickly business. Mannys numbers with Bradley dropped to 700,000, which really means 500,000 coming from Arum, and Manny cant afford to do those numbers again. Same as Floyd has done in the past. The average boxing troll would call that a duck but their not the ones going through camp and collecting them checks. Its easy for you to say fight this or that guy but why fight when the moneys not right? Would you quit you $20.00 an hr job to go work for $10.00? Hell no you would so why do you expect boxers to do the same thing.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Sep 19 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 19 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Bradley doesnt bring in PPV numbers. Its strickly business. Mannys numbers with Bradley dropped to 700,000, which really means 500,000 coming from Arum, and Manny cant afford to do those numbers again. Same as Floyd has done in the past. The average boxing troll would call that a duck but their not the ones going through camp and collecting them checks. Its easy for you to say fight this or that guy but why fight when the moneys not right? Would you quit you $20.00 an hr job to go work for $10.00? Hell no you would so why do you expect boxers to do the same thing.

Couldn't have been said any better. Especially at the decline of a boxing career. You want to rape as many pockets as you possibly can.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 19 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 10:08 AM) *
difference being...bradley beat pac. he should want to avenge his loss. when ppl questioned floyds win over castillo...floyd came back a few months later and erased all doubt.

Well 99% of the boxing world knows that pacquiao really won that fight. So just because that 1% thinks he lost means he should do a rematch ASAP? I know that all losses should be avenged and i know they will fight eventually but right now pacquiao vs Marquez is a better fight ands needs more closure.

Anyways all i was originally saying is that people will criticize pacquiao for doing or saying something but give others passes for that same stuff.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 01:08 PM) *

On point

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Well 99% of the boxing world knows that pacquiao really won that fight. So just because that 1% thinks he lost means he should do a rematch ASAP? I know that all losses should be avenged and i know they will fight eventually but right now pacquiao vs Marquez is a better fight ands needs more closure.

Anyways all i was originally saying is that people will criticize pacquiao for doing or saying something but give others passes for that same stuff.

if by the 1% u mean the judges and the ppl that were actually watching the fight...and not just pacquiao...i agree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

thing is...i don't think the numbers are going to be that much different than they were for bradley. pac lost that fight against marquez...and that's why his numbers declined. they are going to continue to decline once he loses this fight legitimately. his days are numbered and his highest paydays are behind him. i don't believe arum ever had the intent of letting pac fight floyd....at this point arum is trying to wring what's left of pac dry. the only criticism i have of pac is that he should have been a lot more vocal about making certain fights. as for his financial situation...he has no one to blame but himself when it's all said and done. he's a good guy at the core and he's given so much to boxing...it's a shame he's dealing with a blood sucker like arum who is going to suck him dry.

the money cannot last when pac has....

2 promoters... top rank and golden boy...

2 trainers....freddie roach and buboy

2 conditioning coaches....alex ariza and the filipino dude...

multiple advisors....gacal, koncz..etc..

ppl talk about his legal dealings with floyd...but lets not forget the accounting firm he hired (and bob fired) to help him who are now suing him.

his entourage....does he really need all those ppl to do road work?

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 19 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Usually when a decision is controversial a rematch occurs immediately. Pacquiao went with Marquez for the higher purse that Top Rank would offer. He didn't pass over Bradley because he felt he beat him, it was the money. Also the dangling carrot over his head(Mayweather) played a factor as well

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 19 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

At lest Manny is learning to make good excuses, I see he's been paying attention to arum after all hahaha

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:48 PM