IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

95 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here), DONE DEAL! *UPDATE: PREDICTION POLL ADDED!*
Mosley vs. Mayweather Preview/Prediction
Who Wins?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 9 ] ** [21.95%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 19 ] ** [46.34%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [7.32%]
Mosley by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [19.51%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Byrd Man
post Jan 30 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 29 2010, 11:22 PM) *
Yeah! Somehow, people should wonder why Floyd retired in the first place... since he has plans of fighting Mosley anyway.

To be clear, I'll congratulate him on a good win, but it's not like he's fighting the best of the best in their prime here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 30 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #32

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jan 30 2010, 01:29 AM) *
I like this energy. Doing a bang up job there Lieutenant!

We'd be unstoppable with THE Hype on our team. We'd have to split it up into a few fleets. CEO's already claiming the captain's seat on one of em.

If Hype joins us, it would take MORE than a nation of millions to hold us back.

and just so you know, Snoop....there can only be one Captain, and that's YOU...I'm totally content as a Lieutenant in the field takin' scalps...

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jan 30 2010, 01:50 AM) *
One thing I think the majority will agree on..........FLOYD IS NOT GOING TO STOP SHANE!

and how about this....is everyone in agreeance that Mosley is a tougher opponent than Clottey?

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jan 30 2010, 01:33 AM) *
(IMG:http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/oknerazan/fistpumpinglikechamps1.gif)
pon toon Pon Toon Pon TOON! PON TOON!! pon toon Pon Toon Pon TOON! PON TOON!!

Yes....The Pontoon has gained momentum...Pacmaniacs....we're comin' for you...fully loaded.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jan 30 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #33

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Shane is a much tougher opponent the Clottey. Hell I think this fight will be more competitive than Manny vs. Floyd..............atleast for the first half of the fight that is.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jan 30 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2010, 02:22 AM) *
I will give Mayweather credit and think it's a solid win. That said, it doesn't change the fact that Mosley is 37 and not in his prime, so I am aware of that. But there is no way you will see me give Mayweather zero credit or anything. He will get credit from me, but I will not go way over the top.

Would you give Mayweather more credit for a Mosley win or a Pacman win at this point Fitz?

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jan 30 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

If Golden Boy Promotions really wants to stick it to Top Rank they should call the Mosley-Mayweather fight the "Main Event" because it is much greater than the Pacman-Clottey fight which is called "The Event.

+Quote Post
gbh32001
post Jan 30 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #36

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,255

This is good for boxing fans..A signs of bigger events coming.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 30 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 30 2010, 01:03 AM) *
Here's what's funny though...let's say that does happen and Mayweather just dominates Mosley...maybe something like 9-3 or 8-4...will he actually be given credit for the performance or will people say he just picked on an old, faded, 37-year-old Mosley who hadn't fought in 16 months?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

My guess is that a lot of people, and you know who you are, will say the latter.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's exactly how it's going to go and the fact is that Mosley ain't the same fighter he was in his prime - so that's how it should be called.

To be great a fighter has to fight an unbeatable foe like Ali did with Foreman, SRL did with Hagler, ect. And Floyd has had many many opportunities to face those types of guys (Marg, Williams ect.) and he's chosen not to fight them. Now he's fighting a guy who is way past his prime and when Floyd wins in the same manner he beat Baldomir I'm going to point it out.

I'm really surprised that so many people are so excited about this fight. Hell, Shane landed a total of 3 punches in the first round of the second DLH fight. It wasn't until DLH decided to slug with him that Shane was able to hit him on any kind of consistant basis. If DLH can avoid Mosley's punches, Floyd can with ease. The only difference is that Floyd's never going to engage Shane ever.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Jan 30 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #38

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 30 2010, 01:55 PM) *
I'm really surprised that so many people are so excited about this fight. Hell, Shane landed a total of 3 punches in the first round of the second DLH fight. It wasn't until DLH decided to slug with him that Shane was able to hit him on any kind of consistant basis. If DLH can avoid Mosley's punches, Floyd can with ease. The only difference is that Floyd's never going to engage Shane ever.

Why are you surprised? People are excited about this fight because when's the last time Floyd fought somebody? People will simply take this fight, pay for it, and pray that they hit the jackpot - see Floyd get his ass kicked.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 30 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jan 30 2010, 08:21 AM) *
Why are you surprised? People are excited about this fight because when's the last time Floyd fought somebody? People will simply take this fight, pay for it, and pray that they hit the jackpot - see Floyd get his ass kicked.

The whole point is that we're not going to see Floyd get his ass kicked by the older man. Obviously it's better than anything Floyd's been in since Castillo, but it still not going to be any great matchup because Shane doesn't have the speed to make this competitive and Floyd's going to run all night long. And the thing is that when Floyd wins by decision he's going to act as if he just ko'd Tyson and every excuse maker in the world will absolve Floyd for all the ducking he's done.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jan 30 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #40

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jan 30 2010, 02:37 AM) *
Shane is a much tougher opponent the Clottey. Hell I think this fight will be more competitive than Manny vs. Floyd..............atleast for the first half of the fight that is.

If Mosley had a fight in January, I think he would probably be a tougher fight. Coming off of a 16 month layoff, I am not sure that he is tougher fight than Clottey at all - let alone much tougher.

Both fights are interesting, good matchups.

+Quote Post

95 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:58 AM