IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Haye Has No Desire to Fight Chisora..., Is anybody surprised?
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 5 2012, 01:53 PM) *
You hit the nail on the head. The truth here is that the way Chisora was walking through the punishment he took from Vitali, he would likely have no issues whatsoever stalking a blown up Cruiserweight like David Haye.

I think this fight could do great numbers given all the buzz around the two guys, but the truth is, Haye knows he'll have a hard time beating Chisora. This is not Nicolai Valuev lumbering around the ring like a Frankenstein/Zombie hybrid. Chisora's got some movement and foot speed.

Haye is swinging for the fences on a "one last time" payday against Vitali and that's the only fight he appears to be interested in.

Yeah, maybe thats what Haye is looking at, the risk. I think Haye will have somewhat of an easy night..."somewhat" being the operative word here. He's quick enough to land something on Chisora, and if he's accurate enough, a nice precise punch would put Chisora in a compromising position.

It's not all about being able to take a punch, it's usually the punches that dont see coming, that gets you in trouble. On the other hand, Chisora being able to take Haye's punches, may make Haye shit his pants and find a way out of the fight.

Whether Haye likes it or not, his best bet would be to get in there and try to send Chisora to the moon, then start up some more shit with the Klitz bros. He must remember the results of his last outing, and also recognize that the press conference fight got him about 80% back into the picture...it gave him a second wind so to speak.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 5 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

David Haye has no desire to fight AT ALL. Did you see his last fight? I wouldn't even watch a Vitaly Haye fight, and the sad part is that he actually has skill.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Mar 5 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 09:41 PM) *
It may actually be too much of a challenge for Haye once the opening bell rings...we all know how he folds in the ring. That Chisora stunt may have been done as damage control for his last outing against Wlad.

It would bring great money to them both, in my opinion so you never know..
It will probably be fun to watch in the middle rounds before and after wouldnt be that interesting

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Mar 6 2012, 07:47 AM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

I am honestly a bit disappointed by this
Seems Haye is trying to talk his way into another big money fight with either of the Klitschko brothers
and nothing is wrong with that, but at some point these guys need to take a page from the old school and fight the fight that is of interest to the fans and at this point that fight would be Haye vs Chisora...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Kratza @ Mar 5 2012, 05:10 PM) *
It would bring great money to them both, in my opinion so you never know..
It will probably be fun to watch in the middle rounds before and after wouldnt be that interesting

I agree with your prediction about the fight losing interest after the first half. Even if it's decent/great money involved, Haye will still fight like a loser...unless he takes this Chisora fight seriously and try to get him outta there.

THEN, if he lands another big fight with the Klitz bros., he can perform just as badly as he did the first time, then retire for good this time...it's not like we haven't seen him do it before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Mar 6 2012, 07:47 AM) *
I am honestly a bit disappointed by this
Seems Haye is trying to talk his way into another big money fight with either of the Klitschko brothers
and nothing is wrong with that, but at some point these guys need to take a page from the old school and fight the fight that is of interest to the fans and at this point that fight would be Haye vs Chisora...

I agree...no complaints from me about this post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 6 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Haye doesn't want any fight but Vitali. He's knee deep in retirement. I suspect he was for the Wladimir fight too. Fighting Chisora would be committing to boxing for atleast another year and acknowledging that he does not have a position to demand ONLY heavyweight champion fights. I'd rather see Chisora fight either champion again than Haye.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:27 PM