IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
daprofessor
post Feb 3 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2013, 01:47 AM) *
Williams height would be a problem for anyone if he used it! He can be outboxed for gods sake quintana outboxed him for 12. But he never used his reach and height how he should have, that boy was too philly and I don't even think hes from philly lol. Eventually that's what got him caught cold against serg

he could do it..he did it against margarito. he did it at the half way point when he fought martinez the first time. he also did it against quintana in the rematch and kolle. he just didn't stay with it when he needed too. his eagerness to mix it up was also his undoing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 4 2013, 02:02 AM
Post #92

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2013, 06:32 PM) *
he could do it..he did it against margarito. he did it at the half way point when he fought martinez the first time. he also did it against quintana in the rematch and kolle. he just didn't stay with it when he needed too. his eagerness to mix it up was also his undoing.

Yea he could always be sucked into a brawl.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Just saw Mayweaher's twitter and he announced that Alexander is the front runner to fight him and it would be a unification fight. I hope he's pranking the fans, or maybe his twitter got hacked lol.... Either way that's a shit fight

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 6 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #94

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Just saw Mayweaher's twitter and he announced that Alexander is the front runner to fight him and it would be a unification fight. I hope he's pranking the fans, or maybe his twitter got hacked lol.... Either way that's a shit fight

Yup, i just read it on another fight website. Not really interested in that fight either. Devon's a smallish guy who couldnt get past Bradley. Mayweather has his reach advantage, so I'm guessing this fight will be made. Here's to him, he found another easy way out...

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Feb 6 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #95

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

im hearing rumor guerrero turn down 2mill to fight mayweather. he was asking for 4million. if true than who the fuck he think he is. i don't even think ortiz made that much

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Feb 6 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #96

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Mayweather fighting Alexander? what the fuck? Devon is boring as fuuck!! More boring than Bradley or Malinaggi fights. I know Mayweather hasn't fought for almost a year now but talk about a soft touch.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Feb 6 2013, 03:09 AM
Post #97

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 6 2013, 02:20 AM) *
im hearing rumor guerrero turn down 2mill to fight mayweather. he was asking for 4million. if true than who the fuck he think he is. i don't even think ortiz made that much

You probably heard right, because Guerrero's body language had been to talk it all up and risk it all (read: negotiate a larger than life, unrealistic-at-this-stage-of-his-career payday.) And there was seriously time consuming negotiations regarding that, during which time - and up till now - Guerrero suddenly went eerily quite...must have been told to so do, to not upset the negotiations. We should hear from Guerrero pretty soon.

By the way, now that one thinks about it, the Mayweather-Guerrero negotiations must have already broken down by the time Mayweather tweeted that the news of him fighting Guerrero was just a rumor, and that he (Mayweather) didn't at that point know who he would fight on May 4th - meaning they were already in negotiations with other fighters for that date. Unfortunately, people don't always believe - some even have the tendency to sneer at - the signal Mayweather gives. But that's part of the fight game, of course.

And now, who else has a belt that at WW Mayweather can fight? I wouldn't expect Mayweather to fight at 154 straight out of jail. Even if he was there for only one day, the mental shock was enough to negatively affect someone whose life especially outside the ring has been around the Big Boy Mansion and clubbing like forever. Call it an excuse, it is what it is.

Therefore, if it is the Alexander fight for May 4th, I won't be surprised.

P34c3

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2013, 03:32 AM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 6 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Yup, i just read it on another fight website. Not really interested in that fight either. Devon's a smallish guy who couldnt get past Bradley. Mayweather has his reach advantage, so I'm guessing this fight will be made. Here's to him, he found another easy way out...

Im Almost certain Canelo will take an even softer touch now if Floyd was to fight Devon. I can only assume that he'd take such a fight as a soft touch and then get ready for Canelo.... I still think as a PPV, this is a hard sell

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 6 2013, 03:47 AM
Post #99

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I read the same on Mayweather's facebook page. Doesn't add up tho. Isnt Alexander fighting Brook? They said he'd be redy in 8 weeks. No way he can fight then turn around and fight Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2013, 03:58 AM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2013, 02:47 AM) *
I read the same on Mayweather's facebook page. Doesn't add up tho. Isnt Alexander fighting Brook? They said he'd be redy in 8 weeks. No way he can fight then turn around and fight Floyd.

Which is probably why Brook and his promoter think the injury was BS. Brooks' promoter, Eddie Hearn is saying that they won't take any step aside money to allow them to unify the belts. I hope that is true and that if they try to proceed with the match that Devon gets stripped of the title

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:36 PM