Hopkins
dawson
stevenson
kovalev
ward
froch
cleverly
.. and anybody else i missed.

now this is an exciting division right here. the most stacked outside of 140-147 and 154-160. potential for a shitload of great matchups.

i would love to see

ward vs stevenson
froch vs cleverly
ward vs anybody
hopkins vs kovalev
kovalev vs stevenson

dawson might even dedeem himself against somebody here as well. maybe cleverly. i really anna see ard move up tho, because HBO has a lot of 175ers he can ge big fights against, and thats what its gonna take because nobody is gonna go near him from 160 or 168.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 1 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Ward has nothing more to prove at super middleweight. I say he moved up to light heavy and fights either Stevenson or Hopkins.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 1 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Hopkins
dawson
stevenson
kovalev
ward
froch
cleverly
.. and anybody else i missed.

now this is an exciting division right here. the most stacked outside of 140-147 and 154-160. potential for a shitload of great matchups.

i would love to see

ward vs stevenson
froch vs cleverly
ward vs anybody
hopkins vs kovalev
kovalev vs stevenson

dawson might even dedeem himself against somebody here as well. maybe cleverly. i really anna see ard move up tho, because HBO has a lot of 175ers he can ge big fights against, and thats what its gonna take because nobody is gonna go near him from 160 or 168.

Pascal bute rodriguez...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 1 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Nice thread! And interesting list of names...I'd like to see Bernard fight Froch. That would be interesting and it will be a great win for Hopkins...Also at some point Ward will have to move up, I think he's only hanging around 168 for Chavez Jr and/or Golovkin. Also, Cleverly is out of 175 right? He's a cruiser now...but Shumenov is still there. There are some interesting matchups to be made, now them getting made is another question entirely

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 1 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2013, 02:26 PM) *
Ward has nothing more to prove at super middleweight. I say he moved up to light heavy and fights either Stevenson or Hopkins.

You're right. But Ward is NOT a 175 fighter. People dont understand that. His body, his size doesnt compare to that of the 175 fighters. Everyone just sees that ward cleaned out 168 and he should move up. Its not time yet. Hes not strong enough or big enough yet. I think he needs to grow into that division. Those are some big guys. He doesnt even have a problem making weight at 168. he makes the weight easy. Let the man move up when hes ready. Froch is bigger than ward. lol

Also Anthony Dirrel is supposed to fight Bika, and Andre Dirrel is making a comeback next year. I still want to see how those fights with ward would turn out. In the mean time all ward needs to do is fight all these European fighters at 168 and cash out as much as he can because he'll beat them all.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Dec 1 2013, 05:30 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 1 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

lets be honest, cleveryly only moved up because hes scared shitless of kovalev and all the rest. i didnt kno he moved up tho, man what a paper champion. i think ward only wants big fights, hes excited for them, and thats what he motivated for. he IS READy for them cause he just dominated rodriguez, who should be fighting at 175, he killed dawson, wetehr you beleive in the weight issue(i dont) or not, he still killed him. He beat frochs ass with a broken hand, and he has all the tools for it. ward is the type of fighter here size doesnt matter vs him, he will disarm the big punchers and neutralize the boxers. he will have no issue a all at 175. not to mention he will be in fantastic shape and never have to cut weight to make 175 at all so he will be lively as hell in there.

correct me if im wrong but didnt ward win his gold mdeal at 175 anyway?
EDIT: YES HE DID! so dont tell me he isnt built for 175 bro.

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Dec 1 2013, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 1 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 05:54 PM) *
lets be honest, cleveryly only moved up because hes scared shitless of kovalev and all the rest. i didnt kno he moved up tho, man what a paper champion. i think ward only wants big fights, hes excited for them, and thats what he motivated for. he IS READy for them cause he just dominated rodriguez, who should be fighting at 175, he killed dawson, wetehr you beleive in the weight issue(i dont) or not, he still killed him. He beat frochs ass with a broken hand, and he has all the tools for it. ward is the type of fighter here size doesnt matter vs him, he will disarm the big punchers and neutralize the boxers. he will have no issue a all at 175. not to mention he will be in fantastic shape and never have to cut weight to make 175 at all so he will be lively as hell in there.

correct me if im wrong but didnt ward win his gold mdeal at 175 anyway?
EDIT: YES HE DID! so dont tell me he isnt built for 175 bro.

You're wrong.
gold medal. world title. two different things.
amateurs. Pros. Two completely different things.

You are aware that weight in amateur boxing is measured in kilos and not pounds? So If the light heavyweight division in olympic amateur boxing is 75kg-81kg in the pros its 165-178. You are aware that ward was 176 on fight night against Dawson (take note that ward has gotten bigger since the olympics) ? Soooooo you're telling me Ward is built for a anyone at LHW besides Hopkins tha'tll come in any weight past 175 on fight nigh?. Either youre out your mind or you must not have seen how big Stevenson and Kovalev were last night.

I'm not saying Ward isn't built for anything but clearly he's not moving up anytime soon. How many times does he have to tell the fans and the media that it will eventually happen but not now? This dude just had a tuneup fight (against an elite contender) off a layoff and injury. Let the guy live. Its obvious he's not afraid or ducking anyone if he faced the best thus far. Now as far as ward wanting big money fights i agree with you. Part of his stay at SMW is a result of his motivation for a JCC Jr./Golovkin PPV.

i see ward has the Mayweather syndrome. He's making shit look so easy that you guys are no longer satisfied....

This post has been edited by Marcus: Dec 1 2013, 06:46 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 1 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 1 2013, 10:28 PM) *
You're right. But Ward is NOT a 175 fighter. People dont understand that. His body, his size doesnt compare to that of the 175 fighters. Everyone just sees that ward cleaned out 168 and he should move up. Its not time yet. Hes not strong enough or big enough yet. I think he needs to grow into that division. Those are some big guys. He doesnt even have a problem making weight at 168. he makes the weight easy. Let the man move up when hes ready. Froch is bigger than ward. lol

Also Anthony Dirrel is supposed to fight Bika, and Andre Dirrel is making a comeback next year. I still want to see how those fights with ward would turn out. In the mean time all ward needs to do is fight all these European fighters at 168 and cash out as much as he can because he'll beat them all.

Then whose he supposed to fight? Whose really left at super middle? Groves? Groves lost, no matter how you look at it he lost. Froch? He's just a cash fight. Dirrell? Man Dirrell needs to fight Froch again. All the elite level fighters, have moved up, he started at super middle and has gone nowhere since. Ward is 29/30 I think, how much more growing does he need, he's in his prime

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 1 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Then whose he supposed to fight? Whose really left at super middle? Groves? Groves lost, no matter how you look at it he lost. Froch? He's just a cash fight. Dirrell? Man Dirrell needs to fight Froch again. All the elite level fighters, have moved up, he started at super middle and has gone nowhere since. Ward is 29/30 I think, how much more growing does he need, he's in his prime

Youre right. There is no one left and thats the problem. Him moving up will give him new exciting competitors.But do you honestly think physically he matches with those at 175? Those guys are huge. Thats my point. Im not against him going up but at the same token im not in a rush to see it either. Thats a problem that he and his team need to find a solution to.

Ward by far is a better boxer than every one frfom 68-75. Howver the size and power those guys will put on him. I dont know if ward can handle it. hes going to get hit. thats inevitable..

This post has been edited by Marcus: Dec 1 2013, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 1 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 1 2013, 07:11 PM) *
Youre right. There is no one left and thats the problem. Him moving up will give him new exciting competitors.But do you honestly think physically he matches with those at 175? Those guys are huge. Thats my point. Im not against him going up but at the same token im not in a rush to see it either. Thats a problem that he and his team need to find a solution to.

Ward by far is a better boxer than every one frfom 68-75. Howver the size and power those guys will put on him. I dont know if ward can handle it. hes going to get hit. thats inevitable..

so wat? what do you jsut want to see him smoke everyone and not have a real fight? hes blown through everyguy hes faced, time to push the enevelope. he could put on muscle if he needs to, hes a professional. if you tell andre hes gota move uo for big fights, he will put on the eight correctly and get stronger to handle these boys without losing his speed and agility. if hopkins can do it from middleweight so can ward. i dont see an issue, mayweather goes up to 154 when he can barely make 150, and ward is P$P number 2 so its time he steps out of his comfort zone and proves it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:37 PM