IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PPV:Bradley-Pacquiao II Preview and Poll, Who Wins And Why?-(Officials Named! Page 17, Post 169)
Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley II
Who Wins? How?
Pacquio by dec (close) [ 2 ] ** [14.29%]
Pacquiao by dec (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [14.29%]
Bradley by dec (close) [ 7 ] ** [50.00%]
Bradley by dec (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Bradley by KO.TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Jack 1000
post Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #171

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I stuck this in the Signature Bet thread accidentally. Commenting on this terrible undercard:

What a sorry-ass POS undercard! I know "Top Stank" is known for shit undercards, but this may be the worst ever! (Credit: fightnights.com)

http://fightnights.com/boxing-matches/Brad...Pacquiao-2/1656

Based on this, no one needs to worry about missing any good early action. Can anyone else remember an undercard this bad?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #172

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 4 2014, 03:34 PM) *
I stuck this in the Signature Bet thread accidentally. Commenting on this terrible undercard:

What a sorry-ass POS undercard! I know "Top Stank" is known for shit undercards, but this may be the worst ever! (Credit: fightnights.com)

Based on this, no one needs to worry about missing any good early action. Can anyone else remember an undercard this bad?

Jack

I think TR owns some of the worse cards in the history of the sport. That's why I refuse to pay for them. And this one is no exception. I want to watch this fight but I'm going to have to find some hole in the wall type place because I'm not paying over $10 to see this crap

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 4 2014, 04:09 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 6 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #173

The Consultant

Consider that Manny's already won because of HBO's nut-hugging started by Jim Lamply's pom-pom routine.

Manny IS their icon, symbolic of what the WWF (now WWE) was when the "good guy" commentators cheered for Hulk Hogan.

Pacquiao, and in the past, Gatti, and Delahoya were HBO's "Hulk Hogans."

HBO showed so much more objectivity twenty years ago. If they could stop this, "build a star" shit and just offer solid competitive fights they wouldn't be the laughing stock they are now.

However, when you think about that Manny IS their last big mega meal ticket, and now they have to be nice to Arum and Top Rank, just so as to not to lose their last playing card, what else can they do?

Well....there's always the winner here fighting the winner of Marquez-Alverado, just to keep everything in the Top Rank, "family."

I voted for Bradley, by close decision, but somehow I think this will be a draw or a controversial Manny win to "set up" a third fight.

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #174

Cruiserweight

I just hope it doesn't end in controversy but this is boxing and we don't always get what we want...I haven't seen the improvement by leaps and bounds of Bradley like some claim to see but he's a great fighter and he boxes well which has proven to cause trouble for Manny in the past. But I still go back to his weak fists, he has zero to keep Pacquiao off of him. And in his last 3 fights he's built a false illusion of himself, he's decent defensively but he's there to be hit, all Manny and to do is stay on him and throw combos and this fight is a UD for him. But like I said, I just hope whoever wins, whether it's Tim or Manny, that no shady stuff goes down

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #175

Cruiserweight

And the undercard just got worse as Roman Martinez has dropped out of his fight with Beltran. Now he's facing Usmanee...another guy not in Beltran's division. I don't see how this helps Beltran prepare for a possible title shot against Crawford

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #176

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 4 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Jack

Love the adjectives here Jack...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm just happy that I'll be out of town for this one, but at a nearby bar to catch the main event...like a casual fan! I mean it's getting terrible at this point, how does Bob even expect people to open their wallets for this one? The thing is, I'll still order it at home, though I'll be out of town, because God knows that I wont be able to hear anything in a bar full rowdy, toothless, drunkards.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 11 2014, 02:46 PM
Post #177

The Consultant

An interesting article on the issues with Pacquiao-Bradley's undercard:

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2014/04/10/is-pac...eds-to-improve/

Jack

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 11 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #178

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 11 2014, 03:46 PM) *
An interesting article on the issues with Pacquiao-Bradley's undercard:

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2014/04/10/is-pac...eds-to-improve/

Jack

Has the style of the forums changed? Anytime I'm on here with my IPad, I get a different look than from when I'm using my phone or desktop.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 11 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #179

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Flight was rescheduled and now I can watch this fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) . Gotta big feeling this will live up to expectations, NO TRILOGIES!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 11 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #180

The Consultant

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 11 2014, 03:00 PM) *
Has the style of the forums changed? Anytime I'm on here with my IPad, I get a different look than from when I'm using my phone or desktop.

Do you mean the chatroom we are testing?

A few weeks ago, I emailed Ben and said "Can we get a chatroom back on here?" I think CShel did as well. We're testing that for the RBR thread tomorrow.

I don't have any mobile devices, so can't comment on that upgrade aspect. What's different?

Jack

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:00 AM