IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #261

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 14 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I think boards like this have Lampley's ear and i think he was pretty good the other nite in his commentary. When he hears it from guys like Rafael, he's gonna cut loose a little because he and the HBO crew were pretty close to spot on the other nite. of course the cynic in me thinks that maybe the fact that there was really nothing good to say about Donaire may have fueled the HBO team to call it right.

In the Pacqiao/Bradley fight I kept hearing "a left lands for Pacquiao!!" In reality it didnt land and Bradley threw 2 pillows that did. In this past saturdays fight Donaire either wasnt throwing or was missing so bad that it was obvious. Lamps just couldnt say "a left lands for Donaire!!" No matter how much he wanted to. He didnt want to insult our intelligence like that.

there's no doubt in my mind that the talking heads read the comments on the boards and there is no doubt that they knew donaire/rigondeaux was a fight for the purist who frequent these boards. it's very possible that influenced their call of the fight to gain some legitmacy considering the war between showtime and hbo now. i'll also add...i'm sure they saw the video of angel garcia echo the sentiments of what we've all been saying for years. now that they realize that fans do have other options...they're being forced to do right.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 15 2013, 02:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #262

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 14 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Now I can collect my $800 bet from my female friend. She was confident that Donaire was going to K.O. Rigo in the later rounds. I told her this is a man that knows the fundamentals of boxing. Hit and don't get hit. Body work early reward with headshots. Rigo is a defense first counter puncher. Donaire is the aggressive one which played into Rigo's strength. Donaire could have won by using his reach and jab to the body then set up left hook to the top. He got too easily frustrated and had no other game plan. Great dominant "boxing" performance by Rigo.

You actually know a woman with $800 to play around with??? Sheesh, I need to meet some new people or somethin'.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #263

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously, at this point, I'm over Donaire and any fighter that acts like a pansy when they lose a fight.

For these guys to be fighters, they really act like middle school girls when things dont go their way. Donaire is firing off these excuses like farts out of a fat man's ass at a chili-eating contest. I mean damn bro, you got schooled, beat to the punch, and ultimately lost the fight. Better luck next time.

Every other article that pops up, is either Donaire making more excuses, or Arum beating him to the punch with excuses. It's almost like Rigondeaux doesn't even exist...like it was a nightmare that the world witnessed, just for Donaire to wake and deny everything that happened.

It reminds me of the ending of Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2...when the final battle happened, but it "didn't happen". (Yes, I watched that shit)

Fighters need to grow up. They blast off after they beat sub par guys, but after a formidable opponent beats them, they get amnesia. It's almost like a chick who doesn't count a sex partner, just because the sex wasn't good, or because she didn't really know him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 16 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #264

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think rigo has more punching power than we give him credit for, he might have punched donaire stupid. Nonito is saying he won the fight or at the very least deserved a draw, smh.

I'm glad that they got the right guy winning but this is what shit scores like this cause. Now there is suppose to be some "controversy" and when people look back at this fight when nonito moves on people will act like this fight has a asterisk next to it. Take the loss like a man donaire, you got outclassed now show some class.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 16 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #265

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2013, 10:40 PM) *
It reminds me of the ending of Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2...when the final battle happened, but it "didn't happen". (Yes, I watched that shit)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 16 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #266

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-i-enoug...ast-draw--64461 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

Donaire has lost all my respect, not that I was ever impressed with him. I have always dug Rigon's style. I knew he would box the breaks out of him, I even thought he was going to knock him out but this dude needs to stop bitching. Go have your kid get that shoulder injury fixed then get the shit knock out of you by Mares at Feather weight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #267

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 16 2013, 12:24 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-i-enoug...ast-draw--64461 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

Donaire has lost all my respect, not that I was ever impressed with him. I have always dug Rigon's style. I knew he would box the breaks out of him, I even thought he was going to knock him out but this dude needs to stop bitching. Go have your kid get that shoulder injury fixed then get the shit knock out of you by Mares at Feather weight.

it's clear he is a sore loser and all the bandwagon writers that are shitting on rigondeaux never knew much about boxing to begin with. this whole thing about, "he didn't want to engage...blah,blah,blah.." he beat donaire to the punch almost every time. is that not engaging? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 16 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #268

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 01:18 PM) *
it's clear he is a sore loser and all the bandwagon writers that are shitting on rigondeaux never knew much about boxing to begin with. this whole thing about, "he didn't want to engage...blah,blah,blah.." he beat donaire to the punch almost every time. is that not engaging? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Prof, all I can do is shake my head at some of the nonsense being peddled out there as objective covering of this sport I love. It's actually perverse. I'll just say, if what we witnessed from Rigo can be determined as a "failure to engage", then someone should have jumped in the ring to check Donaire's pulse...because by comparison, Donaire was dead. Rigs left him impotent. Completely and utterly outclassed. It was a thing of beauty.

They can't take from or sour this victory for Rigo. I hope his people keep him from reading that crap. History will reflect FACT not FICTION. Nothing these 'Revenge of the Nerds' types can do about that.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 16 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #269

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Seriously, at this point, I'm over Donaire and any fighter that acts like a pansy when they lose a fight.

For these guys to be fighters, they really act like middle school girls when things dont go their way. Donaire is firing off these excuses like farts out of a fat man's ass at a chili-eating contest. I mean damn bro, you got schooled, beat to the punch, and ultimately lost the fight. Better luck next time.

Every other article that pops up, is either Donaire making more excuses, or Arum beating him to the punch with excuses. It's almost like Rigondeaux doesn't even exist...like it was a nightmare that the world witnessed, just for Donaire to wake and deny everything that happened.

Fighters need to grow up. They blast off after they beat sub par guys, but after a formidable opponent beats them, they get amnesia. It's almost like a chick who doesn't count a sex partner, just because the sex wasn't good, or because she didn't really know him.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 08:19 AM) *
I think rigo has more punching power than we give him credit for, he might have punched donaire stupid. Nonito is saying he won the fight or at the very least deserved a draw, smh.

I'm glad that they got the right guy winning but this is what shit scores like this cause. Now there is suppose to be some "controversy" and when people look back at this fight when nonito moves on people will act like this fight has a asterisk next to it. Take the loss like a man donaire, you got outclassed now show some class.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 16 2013, 11:24 AM) *

I don't get that guy. Smh. He made excuses after the fight, which was pretty tacky, but he also praised Rigo on a "beautiful boxing" performance and acknowledged (more or less) that he underestimated Rigo. Now, he's backtracking.

It costs too much energy to be in denial. But as my mother often says: "A person can lie to others; but the truth whispers to you at night, keeping you awake." The truth will not only haunt Donaire at night, but most prominently in the ring.

And now that Donaire's (somewhat manufactured) cloak of invincibility has been properly lifted (thanks to Rigo), those boys at 126 are gonna be gunning for his head. So now, we wait for the inevitable...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 17 2013, 06:14 AM
Post #270

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 16 2013, 08:38 PM) *
I don't get that guy. Smh. He made excuses after the fight, which was pretty tacky, but he also praised Rigo on a "beautiful boxing" performance and acknowledged (more or less) that he underestimated Rigo. Now, he's backtracking.http://www.fighthype.com/community/style_images/1/folder_editor_images/rte-align-right.png

It costs too much energy to be in denial. But as my mother often says: "A person can lie to others; but the truth whispers to you at night, keeping you awake." The truth will not only haunt Donaire at night, but most prominently in the ring.

And now that Donaire's (somewhat manufactured) cloak of invincibility has been properly lifted (thanks to Rigo), those boys at 126 are gonna be gunning for his head. So now, we wait for the inevitable...

That mouse underneath his eye should tell him how that fight went. Rigondeaux was not suppose to stand in front of you and get hit. Your job was to cut the ring off set traps and then try to knock his head off. But Donaire, had no idea that there was more than boxing than throwing one punch. I am glad Rigondeaux exposed him, hopefully Alvarez is next.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:43 PM