IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Mayweather Retire Undefeated, If He Fought 3 More Fights Against..., Alverez, Pacquiao or Martinez As Each Opponent
Does Mayweather Retire Undefeated, If He Fought 3 More Fights Against...
Alverez, Pacquiao or Martinez As Each Opponent
Yes, He Retires Undefeated [ 10 ] ** [76.92%]
No, He Retires Defeated [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
sduck
post Sep 26 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

He should avoid Sergio, he can beat everyone else. I'm starting to think Sergio has what it takes to beat this old version of Mayweather.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 26 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Pacman is easy pickings. Floyd will walk Martinez down and outpoint him. Canelo could be the most troublesome fight but Floyd will spank that kid. He retires undefeated if he fights those 3. Floyd is a fighter who knows what it takes to win. He will get the job done, period.

+Quote Post
louloup
post Sep 26 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #13

Amateur

Member No.: 13,669

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 26 2012, 07:06 AM) *
He should avoid Sergio, he can beat everyone else. I'm starting to think Sergio has what it takes to beat this old version of Mayweather.

Mayweather has nothing to fear about Sergio Martinez. He is quicker than him and Sergio doesn"t have a great defense. I think Canelo is even more dangerous than Sergio even though Sergio is an amazing fighter.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Sep 26 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

IF floyd did beat all 3 of them I'd be happy to watch it, definitely would earn the greatest fighter of my era title. I'm alittle disappointed that he said he wouldn't fight again this year, Its funny because if he did he probably would have fight one of the 3. He said he doesnt want to take hard fights. When i heard him say that i was like huh? who are you expecting to fight, amir khan?. He doesnt seem as hungry. I dont want to see him vs any contenders anymore that dont deserve it. I want to see champions vsing champions! All the recent interviews i've seen he doesnt seem that dedicated to boxing anymore. What happend to "Hard work, Dedication". I wouldnt call him the greatest unless he did fight atleast 2/3 and beat them which he is no doubt capable of doing.

I feel paquiao would be the easiest of the 3 because he's the smallest. Mayweather always bullies small people in the ring, if his legs arent shot, then he could actually brawl alittle bit too but he would easily dominate pacquiao, TKO (if he has the heart for it) or UD (if hes in good conditioning). Martinez is the biggest question, he is more mobile in the ring, and hes a south paw, mayweather is going to be in a mirror match lol, except mayweather has the superior defense, if he can adapt to sergios speed, and time him, block his body shots, i can see him doing some late round KO, we know sergio goes down in that 12th round haha, hes will need to be the best mayweather he can be to beat martinez though, he better start training for him now. Canelo is just a problem, he was looking good in his last fight and he's only getting better, Canelo can make up to mexico for Delahoyas loss before to mayweather, canelo is pretty good, pretty strong, hes reminds me of Duran. Just a very skilled boxer, the only way mayweather can beat him is if he out boxes him and moves around all 12 rounds, If he does it right he will look better than martinez did against JCC, he will need to be at his best to win.

He needs to start working for it now, he's only 35 years old, he's old but he hasn't even taken much punishment, If we was stronger he would have more KOs but he still dominates usually. I know he has some money but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up blowing it all, i dont want him to fight for $$ anymore. He already made 100 million from boxing i get it, but dont let the $$ forget where you came from, and what gave you the food for you and your family. Now fight for your hall of fame spot and Greatest fighter of all time title. Theres too many great fighters fighting right now, I'm getting upset with champions not wanting to fight eachother. Beat the best to be the best. I dont see anyone else being able to beat the 3 but Mayweather to be honest, he just needs to get on his game.

I dont want his legacy to end as joke, Jail for hitting a woman then comes out and gets knocked out? "dammmm What could have been" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 26 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2012, 04:55 PM) *
i think floyd beats the breaks off of pac....gatti style.

i think he narrowly decisions martinez at 154...

and i think canelo is his toughest fight...but possibly beats him by narrow decision.

wouldn't be shocked if he lost to martinez or canelo.

I totally agree. Despite popular belief, I think Canelo is the tougher of the 3 fights for Mayweather. I think Manny is the easiest of the 3 fights.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #16

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 25 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I dont believe he has enough in the tank to fight all 3 of these guys back to back. This dude fights 1 time within a 12-18 month span, and acts like his body has to really heal up or do something spectacular. Im a bit tired of him racking up our money, and falling off the boxing scene for long periods of time.

If that's how he's going to keep doing, then he needs to stay "undecided" or whatever he's doing at the moment. Seriously, either fight, or stay out of the way. Just when a division starts to get hot (Ortiz dominating Berto), Floyd manages to show up, have his way, get the division off course, and dip away after he's made his money. Tired of it...

I've liked this guy as a fighter and entertainer for a long time, but his shenanigans are messing up the sport, and he's becoming a nuisance. Dont make the world think that you're leaving the sport, then cry about not getting the respect that you deserve, just to wait for something big to materialize, then come back and mess stuff up.

This cat stirs up the pot, and leaves the sport of boxing to clean it up. At this point, the Canelo fight seems to be the only likely fight of the three, and I dont believe it will be that much of a cake walk to Floyd, since he's beating himself with all of this inactivity.

Damn dude and cant agree with you more.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #17

Junior Flyweight

I really don't care if he fights again. As a matter of fact I hope he doesnt, but reguardless I won't buy his fights if he does unless it's with one of these guys.

As far as how I think he does against these guys. I can see him beating all three, but then again I can see him losing to either guy also. Mayweather is not at his same level as before and with his partying and his long layoffs, fighting either guy is a big risk to him and his undefeated record that he cherishes so much. And we all know how he deals with real risks.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Sep 26 2012, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 10:49 AM) *
I really don't care if he fights again. As a matter of fact I hope he doesnt, but reguardless I won't buy his fights if he does unless it's with one of these guys.

As far as how I think he does against these guys. I can see him beating all three, but then again I can see him losing to either guy also. Mayweather is not at his same level as before and with his partying and his long layoffs, fighting either guy is a big risk to him and his undefeated record that he cherishes so much. And we all know how he deals with real risks.

Quick question for everyone that thinks he can win all three. Will you give him the credit(saying he would have beat them anyway) if they never fight, since he will NEVER fight them. Because most Floyd fans give him credit(he would have won anyways) for fights he never fought.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 26 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Quick question for everyone that thinks he can win all three. Will you give him the credit(saying he would have beat them anyway) if they never fight, since he will NEVER fight them. Because most Floyd fans give him credit(he would have won anyways) for fights he never fought.

potential and accomplishment are two different things. i cannot give him credit for anything outside of his accomplishments.

on the flip side...i cannot give pac credit for his accomplishments knowing what i know.

i saw something recently that made me laugh and illustrates what little understanding most casual fans have.

here it is...

Jonas Lucas Top Commenter
Logic:
Floyd KO10 Hatton- Manny TKO2. (Dropped hatton twice).

Floyd Split Decision Oscar- Manny KO8 Oscar.

Floyd UD Mosley (Floyd was wobled & nearly KO in round 2 - Manny UD Mosley (Drop Mosley in round 3).

Floyd UD Marquez ( Floyd was 2 lbs over 144 contracted weight) - Manny (Draw, Split D, UD, Droped Marquez 4 times.

Floyd UD Cotto (but Cotto bloodied Floyds Nose) - Manny KO12 Cotto (Dropped Cotto 3 times).

NOW READERS WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST? ITS LOGIC....

Reply 14 Monday at 6:10am

logic!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 02:34 PM) *
on the flip side...i cannot give pac credit for his accomplishments knowing what i know.

What's up Da so-called professor? Lol J/k what's up guy? I like your analysis most of the time and you give good post. But why is it that when someone criticizes or is critical of Floyd and his accomplishments, Floyd fans always respond with a PAC criticism? I understand it goes both ways and PAC fans do the same when he gets criticized. It's funny when I read a post criticizing or being critical of that fighter, their fans are quick to respond with a criticism of the other regardless if they are relevant to the thread?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:18 PM