IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah Preview and Poll!, Who Will Win? Vote Now! (April 27, on Showtime!)
Garcia vs. Judah
Who Wins?
Garcia by close decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Garcia by wide decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 6 ] ** [40.00%]
Judah by close decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Judah by wide decision [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Judah by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

VJones
post Apr 26 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #61

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 04:20 PM) *
remind me to hire u for p.r. work. excellent analysis.

i was originally picking danny by ko. now i'm thinking this fight goes the distance.

Lol, I'll hold you to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It is an interesting turn of events, isn't it! Can't wait to see how it all plays out...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Lol, I'll hold you to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It is an interesting turn of events, isn't it! Can't wait to see how it all plays out...

seriously. angel was all up under zabs skin then the thing at the sporting club changed it up. i haven't heard about the death threats in relation to this fight...but i've been there and i can tell u when u know someone wants to/is willing to kill u...over some bullshit...it will alter your demeanor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) danny definitely seems wound up. he better settle down and relax before he gets ktfo'd.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 26 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #63

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 04:58 PM) *
seriously. angel was all up under zabs skin then the thing at the sporting club changed it up. i haven't heard about the death threats in relation to this fight...but i've been there and i can tell u when u know someone wants to/is willing to kill u...over some bullshit...it will alter your demeanor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) danny definitely seems wound up. he better settle down and relax before he gets ktfo'd.

Indeed! And to add...Angel's not just a dad...but also his trainer. So if Angel is not composed...it will effect his fighter.

And yeah...regarding Danny getting knocked out...I was sooo tempted to predict it...but I can't recall seeing him hurt in a fight...and so with no reference, I remain somewhat conservative...but I predict 2 knockdowns. Because Zab definitely has power in both hands...and Danny has been brought up somewhat carefully.

It really boils down to which team is composed. Who can get their minds right by the first bell...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 05:20 PM) *
remind me to hire u for p.r. work. excellent analysis.

i was originally picking danny by ko. now i'm thinking this fight goes the distance.

Right! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I still think Judah gets finished in this one. Right now, both guys have this heightened sense of whatever tha fuck. Lol

Judah's already over emotional and ready to go in there and knock Danny out...we ALL know what happens when you go into the fight looking for a knockout...chances are, you'll be the victim of your own intentions. Danny on the other hand, may be more worried about what happens AFTER the fight, so he'll have no choice but to be focused on the fight itself, after the first bell rings.

Judah seems to have had a bit of trouble making weight, and so did Kid Chopped-Tooth and whiney Guerrero.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Indeed! And to add...Angel's not just a dad...but also his trainer. So if Angel is not composed...it will effect his fighter.

And yeah...regarding Danny getting knocked out...I was sooo tempted to predict it...but I can't recall seeing him hurt in a fight...and so with no reference, I remain somewhat conservative...but I predict 2 knockdowns. Because Zab definitely has power in both hands...and Danny has been brought up somewhat carefully.

It really boils down to which team is composed. Who can get their minds right by the first bell...

if anything goes danny's way...expect zabs corner to lose it. especially if his pops is there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) he's got to be the most animated dude i ever saw in a corner.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 26 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Golden Boy is notorious for trying to give their fighters an advantage with these kinds of slights to the opponent (most recently, Austin Trout can testify to two fights (Cotto & Nelo) worth of underhanded dealings with GBP. It's shameful, really.

Zab was absolutely within reason to blow up (they wouldn't even allow his wife and children in the press conference)...and to aim his angst at El Presidenta...because make no mistake, when it comes to that kind of sneaky crap...that's Handbook De La Hoya.

The funny thing is...this time, DLH wasn't playing mind games. They (GBP and Team Garcia) really were fearful that something was gonna fly off. Not so much between Zab and Danny on stage, but with Zab's official and "unofficial" crew and Team Garcia. Because things have gotten gritty in the past few days. Angel in particular seems to feel threatened, despite what he's saying publicly. To borrow from someone: "He was shook". Apparently, he feels, threats were made to his life by "unofficial" members of Team Judah. And that's why he was extra agitated at yesterday's press conference. He seems legitimately fearful...and Danny seems wound tight because of it.

Meanwhile, Judah feels like Angel got away with calling him the N-word in the first press conference. He feels disrespected, and though he claims to have left his street life in his past...the street (and more importantly, the rules of the street) is still strong in him.

Judah (back in BK and bolstered by his people there) has a certain "element" of supporters willing to do what he will/can-not. Not that I'm suggesting that Judah has set anything in motion. Because I think he really does want to be a different person..but as I said, the street is strong in him. And some things are somewhat out of his control.

Anyway...all of this tension is really selling this fight. Lol. And unlike some of the previous boxing "beefs" over the years...this one is legitimate. And it has the potential to spill out of the ring. Smh. Hope we don't see that.

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.

Never-the-less, I'll take the plunge...A "super" Judah shows up tomorrow, with all of the advantages (experience, speed, power, ring generalship, crowd...and get this...poise)...add to that, an unusually unpoised Danny Garcia (full of emotion and nervous energy...gunning unsuccessfully for Judah's head). UD12 Judah. With a KD in the 5th and 7th.

#TeamUpset =)

Damn skippy! I am pulling hard for Judah. The thing with B Hop he always comes to Oscar's defense whenever Oscar put his foot in his mouth. Oscar fucked up big time and he looked like a bitch and had no idea how to clean it up. If Hopkins wasn't there it would of been even worse. Hopkins needs to let Oscar promote and stand by his decisions.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 26 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #67

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM)

PUERTO RICANS USE THE WORD nigger more than blacks. They call themselves nigger more than Blacks. I live here in New York City... PRicans feel they have a right to use the word... PRIcans definitely have Black blood.. some more than others. From experience I don't find many PRicans to be racist . Ones that are racist are ignorant and in denial of their origin and African Roots. Garcias racist??? I recall Hector Camacho after a bout in his days calling out fighters Leonard, pryor.. he then said, "All You niggers"... LMAO

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 26 2013, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #68

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 26 2013, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM)

PUERTO RICANS USE THE WORD nigger more than blacks. They call themselves nigger more than Blacks. I live here in New York City... PRicans feel they have a right to use the word... PRIcans definitely have Black blood.. some more than others. From experience I don't find many PRicans to be racist . Ones that are racist are ignorant and in denial of their origin and African Roots. Garcias racist??? I recall Hector Camacho after a bout in his days calling out fighters Leonard, pryor.. he then said, "All You niggers"... LMAO

i made this argument in another forum. zab knows this to be the case. he's from brooklyn and grew up with boricuas. in another video i saw of him...he was going on about his son being half puerto rican. he just used that at the press conference because that's been the talk in some of the forums so i believe he's running with it. he also talked about not being invited to the event the day before at the sporting store. he made several comments about crashing the party etc.. then at the final presser he makes it seem like he was there to support quillen and jacobs. i called bullshit on that. he knew what he was doing. he accomplished it. own up to it. don't try to switch it up and play victim. he knows he's not favorited in his own home town. he has given so much to boxing...he is worthy of respect.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 26 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #69

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Yeah.. I mean not allowing his family and even kids inside the press conference was not a good thing.. Oh well.. ZAB. KNOCK GARCIA THE FUCK OUT like Hopkins said he can settle this in the ring...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #70

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Yeah.. I mean not allowing his family and even kids inside the press conference was not a good thing.. Oh well.. ZAB. KNOCK GARCIA THE FUCK OUT like Hopkins said he can settle this in the ring...

gbp has a lot to learn still about promoting.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:20 AM