IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Vs. Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, Make it Happen!
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 07:09 PM) *
ward speaking on the things that he feels he can exploit. it's one of those things....we see it from the outside...but it's a whole different ball game when u have them missiles whizzing by your head. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) hopefully they fight before ward moves up to light heavy. it's going to be one for the ages.

I'd bet the farm that Wars bests him. Ward and his team have all the advantages except power. Hunter is a master trainer and ward is a master technician. I'm not favoring a guy who hasn't been tested yet over someone whose proven and battle tested.

It will be a good fight but GGG I feel doesn't have enough tools in his tool belt to get past Ward. Anybody with eyes can tell you his defense hasn't been tested and like I said Rosa do gave him some trouble in spots. I wish his eye would've held up so we could've seen more of that fight. A Lot of dudes got power, what's he do when he has a guy in there whose taking his best weapons away, whose not going to go away and he can't put them down. These are things he will be tested with against Ward and I don't think he makes the grade
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 1 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I really believe at this point, Sergio is not gonna come back as good as we know him by. Hard for a guy his age to shake off the kind of injuries/wars he's already been through and not show wear n tear. I think he's ripe for the picking against a guy like GGG.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 1 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Quillen vs GGG is more likely in my opinion. I think that Chavez' people wont let him in with GGG, although I'd love to see it. Chavez is still going to be a protected guy and that's a shame. They will probably set up Chavez vs Trout or someone else from 154 before they let GGG get at him.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 1 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Chavez Jr says he has non problems facing GGG. But listening to him talk in the interview I think he favors a Ward fight over any other at this point

Martinez has just said that he'd fight GGG in 2014. We shall see how this as out

Chavez may be talking that noise but Arum ain't even trying to sacrifice another one of his Cashcows at this time, he already stated that a GGG fight wouldn't come off until late 2014 and I believe that's if it happens at all. He already lost DLH, Floyd and Pac is going down the tubes (especially if Rios knocks him out the box) so the thought of losing yet another moneymaker isn't even on his list, I suspect that they'll match Jr very lightly and sell it as though he needs to remove all the rust before he takes on someone more prominent like GGG or Ward.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 1 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Chavez may be talking that noise but Arum ain't even trying to sacrifice another one of his Cashcows at this time, he already stated that a GGG fight wouldn't come off until late 2014 and I believe that's if it happens at all. He already lost DLH, Floyd and Pac is going down the tubes (especially if Rios knocks him out the box) so the thought of losing yet another moneymaker isn't even on his list, I suspect that they'll match Jr very lightly and sell it as though he needs to remove all the rust before he takes on someone more prominent like GGG or Ward.

I agree with your assessment another L by one of his big stars and what does he have to work with? He gon be on suicide watch if Rios beats Manny lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 1 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 1 2013, 06:38 PM) *

I have yet to see Rios box anyone. You are correct, if Rios sends Pac into early retirement Arum's sole cashcow is a pot head who hates to train. Bob may have to squash that beef with Golden Boy sooner rather than later. Or he can try to payout for Ward's contract.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 2 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #27

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 1 2013, 10:34 PM) *
I have yet to see Rios box anyone. You are correct, if Rios sends Pac into early retirement Arum's sole cashcow is a pot head who hates to train. Bob may have to squash that beef with Golden Boy sooner rather than later. Or he can try to payout for Ward's contract.

Yeah you're right! Ward is looking more and more like he's ready to let BA run his show but I think that is a huge mistake, Andre talks an intelligent game though however and seems well versed on business law but when you're dealing with a slick fish like Arum who is a Harvard graduate you're dealing with the slimiest fish in the sea.

I'm hoping Ward doesn't go down that path because the history of how BA does with the lack of promoting his AA fighters is already out there for all to see, TB is an exciting fighter IMHO but look how Bob still shelves him when promoting his fights, he's second to Pac when he should be first especially since his win over Manny and his exciting fight with Provo, not to mention Pac's last KO loss.

I really hope BA grows an assist on the brain and makes the cardinal mistake of his career and put Jr in with GGG.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 2 2013, 01:23 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 1 2013, 09:47 PM) *
I really believe at this point, Sergio is not gonna come back as good as we know him by. Hard for a guy his age to shake off the kind of injuries/wars he's already been through and not show wear n tear. I think he's ripe for the picking against a guy like GGG.

That very well maybe the case but if sergio has proven anything over the years its that he isn't your average fighter. Hopefully he gets a few solid fights before calling it quits in the next year or two.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 08:57 PM) *
If he and GGG fight I'm going as long as it's in the states. I wouldn't want to miss a fight like that. I'm still not sold that he beats Martinez...martinez can do so many more different things then the opponents Golovkin has faced up to this point

if jr had turned it up a little earlier on martinez we wouldn't even be talking about him now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 09:02 PM) *
I'd bet the farm that Wars bests him. Ward and his team have all the advantages except power. Hunter is a master trainer and ward is a master technician. I'm not favoring a guy who hasn't been tested yet over someone whose proven and battle tested.

It will be a good fight but GGG I feel doesn't have enough tools in his tool belt to get past Ward. Anybody with eyes can tell you his defense hasn't been tested and like I said Rosa do gave him some trouble in spots. I wish his eye would've held up so we could've seen more of that fight. A Lot of dudes got power, what's he do when he has a guy in there whose taking his best weapons away, whose not going to go away and he can't put them down. These are things he will be tested with against Ward and I don't think he makes the grade

i think u need to pay closer attention to what he does defensively. this guy doesn't get the credit he deserves because he is so subtle with his defense. it reminds me of chavez...who is another guy that had underrated defense.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:54 AM